Florian Lights

Fight to conquer. Conquer to rule. Rule to excel. As rulers, we show respect to our enemy and do not mock them in battle. For to do so is to show the mark of a weakened man, and not a true ruler. -Tidurian

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Braggin Rights!
Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:47 pm by derfderf

» The Three Word game...
Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 am by Jet Mattix

» Should we or shouldn't we?
Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am by Anne05

» The Armoury has been reopened.
Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 pm by Mr. Multiple

» Happy Thanksgiving Everybody
Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 am by awesomest2.0

» Something sort of a Comment Box
Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 pm by awesomest2.0

» Ads Now!?!
Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 pm by awesomest2.0

» New Card? How to immediately Equip without wasting a point!
Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:02 pm by Ayistromia

» wii games FC
Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:38 pm by 44cheese

» wondering if my gear is good??
Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:43 pm by awesomest2.0

Top posters
Ayistromia

Dustin Cropps

Slevyas Grue

Sylvaton

Anne05

iwantname

swith

Selaroc

Paeth

awesomest2.0

Share | 

Slow leveling

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Slow leveling   Fri May 14, 2010 9:08 am

On multiple occasions, I've seen a few of you mention wanting to either NOT level or level very slowly...

Im sorry if I sound silly, but I can NOT figure out why you would want to do this. At higher levels you receive FAR better rewards, loots, and Zm.

Someone please clarify why I'd waste my time.

30ap spent not gathering xp will DEFINITELY get me less than 30ap spent at a level 4 times about my own. Even card hunting, you will find cards at higher levels at the same rate.

Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Slow leveling   Fri May 14, 2010 10:11 am

I don't want to level up because!!! I have kind of *meh* semi-sucky gear. Some of people my level in Battle have 300+ AR/DR. So I would like to keep my level low, while working to bank my cards and armor, and also I don't want to be level 15 until I have purchased EVERY skill from BOTH my current available trainers. This gives me yet another advantage over people in Battle. Also, by doing about 10 AP adventuring, I usually pick up a card to improve my lot, then spend the rest in battle, improving my fame/bank account. Also, I don't want to level so fast that I am weak, outgrowing my gear and armor just about as soon as I get it.
SO! now that I have a decent Fannuci, I am spending all my points in Battle, getting my trainer skills, and possibly buying new spells with which to further raise my stats. Basically, I'm making my lower level just about as strong as someone about 4-5 levels higher than me. which really helps in the "pick on someone your own size" trophies. I've already beat about 2-3 people (I'm really close to getting it!) that are 4 levels higher than me in Battle. If allow myself to level up, with the current amount of zms in my posession, I will have to choose Armor, Weapon, or skill upgrades. Right now, Just skill. See? It's logical.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Slow leveling   Fri May 14, 2010 10:17 am

makes sense. I just have gotten to level 33 with only buying skills from the drunk. A lot of those skills are so expensive and not worth it until the later levels (when Zm roll in quickly and easily). I may write a counter to your stickied post and call it "How to level"

Whats the difference between being able to play all day to get enough zm to buy a skill or play all day to level up and select a skill?

Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Slow leveling   Fri May 14, 2010 4:53 pm

Difference is. When I get your level, I can kick your ass. ^_^ hehehehehe. Wait... You'd like that wouldn't you?

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Slow leveling   Sun May 16, 2010 9:35 am

Ayistromia wrote:
Difference is. When I get your level, I can kick your ass. ^_^ hehehehehe. Wait... You'd like that wouldn't you?

maybe... or you're assuming I'll be under geared. I just bought a weapon with +580 AR today... good luck. lol

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Slow leveling   Sun May 16, 2010 9:41 am

I guess my best argument against is this... you waste a lot of time at lower levels your getting like, what? 1000zm per AP spent? If you just quickly level, you'll get SO MANY MORE Zm that grinding for money at a low level just seems tedious and a waste of time.

Example (theoretically)

1 toon grinds at low level, gets money, skills, weapons, armor... etc. Takes 2 weeks. Resulting level is 10

another toon plows through levels, gets to a higher level, and because of their level, gets the more money and the same skills, weapons, armor, Skills from leveling that are not otherwise obtainable... takes 2 weeks. resulting level is 20.

Thats how it works in my mind, anyway, and I could be wrong.

Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Slow leveling   Sun May 16, 2010 12:08 pm

And yet, on one of my level 11 toons, I just finished with the warrior AND drunk trainers, have 18 fan gambit, making the trophies early and easily, and have battle ratio of 87%. I am armed with a frying pan and butcher's knife. I kid you not.

How are your trophies? Do you have the exterminators done and dusted? How about battle/group adventuring? Character trophies? THAT'S what's keeping me low level for the moment. I will level slowly, but COMPLETELY.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Slow leveling   Sun May 16, 2010 12:37 pm

Im with trophies on here like I am with them on ps3 or 360. If i get some.. sweet. But I have yet to go out of my way for one.

Florian Lord
Florian Lord

PostSubject: Re: Slow leveling   Mon May 17, 2010 2:14 am

At the moment I am feeling the pain of leveling up Slevyas too quickly. Almost everyone who comes up for me to fight in Battle kicks my ass, they have far better gear and card sets than I do.

With my new lowbie, by sticking with Ayis' 'keep it low' strategy, I am far richer than Slevyas and having better gear and a far better fight record because of it. I am training up and buying gear without being much higher level. Plus, I am gaining Fannucci cards from adventuring 5 levels below me so I don't get XP but I collect cards.

Then, as Ayis says, when I get to higher levels, I can continue to pwn all those who didn't be patient and stay low!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/brandonio17
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Slow leveling   Mon May 17, 2010 6:52 am

I'm glad the slower method is working for you, Sleyvas.

Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor

PostSubject: Re: Slow leveling   Sat May 22, 2010 3:36 am

It's a choice and a matter of opinion. Personally I have zero interest in the pvp here, at least for now. I like the exploring and quests.

The first time I hit lvl10 things were rather rough. I was getting tore apart at same lvl. I took some time off and improved my gambit and then things went back to ok. About lvl 20 I had some really nice card drops and had been working on pest control, so the areas were capped to be lower xp.

Sailed to 25 and the gambit still serves me well. I'm probably gonna take a week or so to card farm anyway to have a nice set of options for a sidekick gambit at 30. But the spend a month at lvl6 to make a good deck didn't and doesn't sound like fun to me. Which many people think is a great way to go, it's just not for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anne05
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor

PostSubject: Re: Slow leveling   Tue May 25, 2010 7:00 pm

I've been working both my characters with a moderate rate of leveling. When I first got to level 15 with my primary I was getting stomped adventuring. Taking a bit of the advice here has let me level the second character up more slowly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Slow leveling   Tue May 25, 2010 11:21 pm

I am currently keeping myself in an adventure group, when I DO go card farming, I do it at -4 so I get SOME experience, and the rest of my time I spend in the battle arena. I JUST leveled up a few of my toons this evening, so I'm pretty much ranging between the levels of 11-14.

I'm not trying NOT to level, I just want to do it nice and slowly, where I can get the exterminator trophies, make sure I have decent gear, decent cards, so I can continue to be badass in Battle.

If battle isn't interesting for you, I don't know what to tell you, Swith, because any way that you look at it, Battle in the arena is the highest rate of return on zms:ap ratio. In other words, most money per action point spent. Even at higher levels adventuring you make more in Battle than you do in the field.

Florian Adept
Florian Adept

PostSubject: Re: Slow leveling   Wed May 26, 2010 1:40 am

The slow leveling is doing wonders for me. I'm kicking but and not having my tail served to me on a platter. I was leveling fast and hardly getting my AP's worth in anything. Now that I've slowed down and started "farming" things it's helped and I am holding my own weight better. I'm getting some experience and having fun doing almost a little bit of everything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Slow leveling   Wed May 26, 2010 8:43 am

Ayistromia wrote:
If battle isn't interesting for you, I don't know what to tell you, Swith, because any way that you look at it, Battle in the arena is the highest rate of return on zms:ap ratio. In other words, most money per action point spent. Even at higher levels adventuring you make more in Battle than you do in the field.

Too true. The ZM raked in from battles can't be touched out in the field. It's 100 times your level per AP spent. Assuming you win. Just make sure you choose a good matchup and you will.

Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor

PostSubject: Re: Slow leveling   Wed May 26, 2010 1:42 pm

Oh I'm enjoying my time. It is a free game. I've multiple characters all doing things a bit differently.

As for the ZM returns... ZM are worthwhile and wonderful till you have all you need. Most of us, if not all of us here, missed the early days where your accountant could get you well over 1bill ZM in a few weeks; then they nerfed they returns, added a 'tax' and put in a ZM cap. Regardless 10-15mil and you've got more than you can currently spend, till they make new 'better' things.

I'm here for the long haul. We'll see what the game is like in 6months. I'm just not into the PvP here. I'll go arena or BG in WoW when the mood suites me. In LoZ atm I'm doing card farming on most all my characters. Busy few weeks IRL and random clicking of explore at -4 is relaxing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord

PostSubject: Re: Slow leveling   Thu May 27, 2010 3:50 am

Hey Swith, what is your toon on WoW? Once upon a time I had an undead rogue there. I miss the game and especially PvP greatly... but it really took over my life :/

So I ask so that I may live vicariously through you!
Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/brandonio17
swith
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor

PostSubject: Re: Slow leveling   Thu May 27, 2010 2:20 pm

PM'd ya Slevyas. Trying to keep the topic on point! So as I mentioned keeping all my alts and Swith card farming for a few weeks. Really the DFG is HUGE, it makes or breaks you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Slow leveling   Thu May 27, 2010 8:46 pm

It really is... your gambit is the most powerful attribute you have.

PostSubject: Re: Slow leveling   

Back to top Go down

Slow leveling
Page 1 of 1