Florian Lights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florian Lights

Fight to conquer. Conquer to rule. Rule to excel. As rulers, we show respect to our enemy and do not mock them in battle. For to do so is to show the mark of a weakened man, and not a true ruler. -Tidurian

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Braggin Rights!
People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:47 pm by derfderf

» The Three Word game...
People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 am by Jet Mattix

» Should we or shouldn't we?
People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am by Anne05

» The Armoury has been reopened.
People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 pm by Mr. Multiple

» Happy Thanksgiving Everybody
People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 am by awesomest2.0

» Something sort of a Comment Box
People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 pm by awesomest2.0

» Ads Now!?!
People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 pm by awesomest2.0

» New Card? How to immediately Equip without wasting a point!
People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:02 pm by Ayistromia

» wii games FC
People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:38 pm by 44cheese

» wondering if my gear is good??
People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:43 pm by awesomest2.0

Top posters
Ayistromia
People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_vote_lcapPeople I love to hate. - Page 3 I_voting_barPeople I love to hate. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Dustin Cropps
People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_vote_lcapPeople I love to hate. - Page 3 I_voting_barPeople I love to hate. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Slevyas Grue
Sylvaton
Anne05
iwantname
swith
Selaroc
Paeth
awesomest2.0

People I love to hate.

Go down 
+11
Crayne
Paeth
Dustin Cropps
awesomest2.0
Sylvaton
Xeike
Anne05
SmokeyGurl
carriezim
DietEvil
Ayistromia
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Paeth
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
Paeth

People I love to hate. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: People I love to hate.   People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:31 pm

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I hadn't said anything but I find it odd I've just rejected a friend invite from som random guy in the gaurd, and that's actually like my second one too....
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

PostSubject: Re: People I love to hate.   People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:36 pm

not The OLD Guard, which is currently having an undisclosed friendslist contest.... THE GUARD of whom Shendo is Leader. More about it in the "Clans of our Lives" thread.
Back to top Go down
swith
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
swith

PostSubject: Re: People I love to hate.   People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:29 am

I'm keeping my own hate list. I'll add names here to be included for others to hit. I recently started to spend some time doing battles. Being a collector I 'need' all the trophies I can get. I thought I could avoid the whole PvP side of this, but after playing around doing it on an alt I was going to scrap I found I liked it.

They annoying thing is starting off with 8 losses just due to never paying attention to people randomly picking me as I was leveling. Now that I have over 100fame some folks have decided to hit me daily. Up to 13losses now, which means 1300 matches to get to 99%.

Anyways hunter85 of katg and satan's baby of The Old Guard, both 36.

Though to be honest they likely are doing what I do. >.> <.< Look for the people that have yet to farm for money for better weapon. Just means to shorten my up-hill battle of pvp goals I need to drop ZM sooner and not later.
Back to top Go down
Sylvaton
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Sylvaton

PostSubject: Re: People I love to hate.   People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 6:47 am

Since I seldom actually interact with any Zork players other than y'all, I don't really have any people I love to hate, so my enemies are people with names that rub me the wrong way -- like the guy (and I'm feel sure it's a guy, probably >25) who named his female avatar "Sum Yun Ho" (some young whore) and set his status to "figuring out new ways to con old men out of their money." Sorry, but having grown up being taught to respect women and then getting a healthy dose of feminism later in life, calling women (even imaginary ones) "hos" just grinds my gears. Besides, "Golddigger" makes the same joke. Razz

Swith, I hear you about the long, hard slog to "Untouchable" if you failed to win your first match. I strongly suspect that any of my characters that didn't get it on that first bout probably won't ever see it. :/ I mean, you win 10 fights and your win percentage goes up by about a point, then you lose one and it's practically back where you started from. Sheesh.
Back to top Go down
Paeth
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
Paeth

PostSubject: Re: People I love to hate.   People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 12:10 am

I'm curious... has anyone else received 'hate mail' as a reply to battle out comes? I'm just wondering because back before I got into teh FL, and learned exactly what battling was about I got hit with some pretty nasty taunts. I just never thought much to write back.

Now I don't nessacarily think mine isn't inflamatory, but I've received various... well- replys to the battle out comes. One guy sends a smiley face, the other guy sends insults. I'm all for turning the other cheek, but I was curious who else has gotten hate mail, and more specifically how did they handle it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sylvaton
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Sylvaton

PostSubject: Re: People I love to hate.   People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 12:49 am

Well, Mirea just found two letters in her mailbox from someone she recently fought -- one said "No sh#t really" and the other was a succinct "f o a d". Smile I responded with a letter saying "Sorry you're taking this personally, I'm really only battling for the achievement trophies and money, not because I have some personal vendetta against you."

For what it's worth, Mirea's taunt is "Ooooo, that's going to be sore tomorrow." Snarky, but hardly abusive.
Back to top Go down
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Slevyas Grue

PostSubject: Re: People I love to hate.   People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 12:54 am

Yes Paeth.

Out of the blue, I got a message filled with so much invective I was startled. She finished by complaining that "it's people like YOU who make this game so unfair sometimes! JACKASS!"

Her complaint? My beating her in battle (once and only!) cost her so much fame.

My sin? I dunno, just attacking her randomly off of the list I was given by the game??? HELLO?

HER sin? Not buying the stupid Amulet of Quakko.

Joke was on her, but yes you will get the odd crackpot email, even when you've done nothing wrong but play the game. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brandonio17
Sylvaton
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Sylvaton

PostSubject: Re: People I love to hate.   People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 12:59 am

Slevyas Grue wrote:
HER sin? Not buying the stupid Amulet of Quakko.

Well, not to excuse her poor manners, but the Amulet of Quakko is sometimes hard to figure out how to buy for zorkmids if you aren't someone that checks every screen in the game. And a lot of people are probably like me and refuse to buy coconuts with real money for a game that they're only playing for an hour or so a day -- and Jolt does seem to want to weight pointers to the amulet to the page where you have to buy it with coconuts.

Still, assuming she was over 15, she could have gotten it with the quest reward coconuts -- she probably just couldn't bear the thought of resetting her fame to zero.
Back to top Go down
Paeth
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
Paeth

PostSubject: Re: People I love to hate.   People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:02 am

Thanks for weigh in guys. I guess you're right those people are out there.

My specific taunt was "Armed with knowedge." And considering my battling has come well after larning points from this very site, I thought it apt, but apparantly that offended the guy *shrugs* Anywho ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sylvaton
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Sylvaton

PostSubject: Re: People I love to hate.   People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:17 am

Paeth wrote:
Thanks for weigh in guys. I guess you're right those people are out there.

My specific taunt was "Armed with knowledge." And considering my battling has come well after larning points from this very site, I thought it apt, but apparantly that offended the guy *shrugs* Anywho ^_^

Wait, one of my guys got beat by someone today with a taunt that was something on the order of "I am armed with my knowledge" -- was that you?!? YOU ASSHOLE!!! PEOPLE LIKE YOU MAKE THIS GAME SUCK!

Sorry, just joking. Smile Although not about the taunt part, I really did see that one in my mailbox today. I thought it was kinda cool. However, if "armed with knowledge" is a verbatim quote of your taunt, I guess it wasn't you, 'cos I'm pretty sure theirs was the longer version. I couldn't resist the opening, though.
Back to top Go down
Paeth
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
Paeth

PostSubject: Re: People I love to hate.   People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:20 am

Verbatim It would be.... *checks* "I am armed by knowledge." *Sheepish grin* maybe it was me?
Back to top Go down
Sylvaton
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Sylvaton

PostSubject: Re: People I love to hate.   People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:28 am

Paeth wrote:
Verbatim It would be.... *checks* "I am armed by knowledge." *Sheepish grin* maybe it was me?
Well, if it was, it's no biggie. I've said before that I don't bother to check for clan affiliation when I battle someone, and I certainly don't recognize everyone's name in the clan. Heck, point of fact -- I didn't even really notice the name on the battle outcome mail as being yours (if yours it was).
Back to top Go down
Paeth
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
Paeth

PostSubject: Re: People I love to hate.   People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:31 am

Well I can't say that. I for one would feel guily if it was me. I'm very meticulous when it comes to my battling, looking over theri statistics, and then altering my weapons/armor/ and so fourth, so I ahve no excuse as to if I hit a clan mate lol (yes 30 turns takes me forever lol)

But if it was me, nice to know I'm forgiven Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

PostSubject: Re: People I love to hate.   People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:29 pm

I don't bother moving my weapons, just keep searching until I find someone that has weakness to all of mine (or else, no bonuses against me... I'm down for a "pretty" fair fight, cause I have all my trainers, and I bet they never bothered)

Here's my Perfect Opponent:

AR/DR 250 or less
Weapon- S&S
Armor - D&W
Magic - High
Attitude - Smart Moves

Do you know how many people out there between the levels of 15 and 20 fit that description?? If I hit someone (which shouldn't be happening for the next few days, since I have diverted my attentions battling elsewhere for the next few weeks) in this clan, I apologize. I don't look at what clan someone's in, only if you're weaker than me. Anything else takes too much time, when I'm running so many accounts.
Back to top Go down
quiltgirl
Florian Adept
Florian Adept

Location : Kickin' back on a lounge chair with some Firefly Mint Tea on sunny White Cliffs Beach in my Yeti parka and Yipple fur mukluks

PostSubject: Re: People I love to hate.   People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 1:28 am

I have to admit I don't pay attention to anything other than AR/DR, Magic and attitude when I battle. Lately I have been working on Ironman and the various beating +4 opponents trophies so I've had to go through a LOT of pages of opponents. I try not to hit the same names too many times but after awhile they all just run together.
I guess I have been fairly lucky so far but I have rarely been targeted while offline; once on one character and twice on two others. Of those I only lost the first one. That was right after I started playing and knew NOTHING about battle. I have to admit I was ticked off because it didn't occur to me until much later that the taunting email was part of the game mechanics and not something the guy did just to be a prick.
One character got an hysterical email whine from a guy I never fought bitching about me picking on his "Leader" and another got enemy that is half her level, for no reason I can fathom.

On the other hand I got a very nice email from Little Orchid (who I would love to give a clan invite if only I could figure out how). She politely apologized for what was probably a newb question, but wanted to know why I had beat her up and why was she not given an opportunity to object. She was afraid that she had unwittingly agreed to battle by joining one of those group battles you see while exploring. She was so sweet about it I wrote back explaining the whatness of what and gave her a link to Mia's battle class on the forum. Lots of good info for green gladiators there Mia, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Sylvaton
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Sylvaton

PostSubject: Re: People I love to hate.   People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 6:57 am

quiltgirl wrote:
One character got an hysterical email whine from a guy I never fought bitching about me picking on his "Leader" [...]

I read that e-mail, it was pretty funny. Almost surreal. The writer pretty obviously did not know English as hir first language. I say that not intending it as an insult (I can't read or write a second language at all, f'instance), but just to explain some of the bizarreness of it. I think Sue probably did attack them, though ("the names all blur together", remember? Smile ), and that's how they got her name. I dunno if they were saying she was picking on their clan leader, or should be picking on their clan leader or if they were trying to say that their leader was going to come pick on her, though. It was that bad.
Back to top Go down
Duraxyll
Florian Member
Florian Member

PostSubject: Re: People I love to hate.   People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 9:17 am

I have this Strongbad guy from the Old Guard constantly besting me for a few days now. ARGHHH. I am busy adventuring and card mining that I am getting my ass kick.

That's why I am going slow with my second char to built up and anticipate these surprise attacks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People I love to hate.   People I love to hate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

People I love to hate.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3