Florian Lights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florian Lights

Fight to conquer. Conquer to rule. Rule to excel. As rulers, we show respect to our enemy and do not mock them in battle. For to do so is to show the mark of a weakened man, and not a true ruler. -Tidurian

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Braggin Rights!
Twisty Mazes I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:47 pm by derfderf

» The Three Word game...
Twisty Mazes I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 am by Jet Mattix

» Should we or shouldn't we?
Twisty Mazes I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am by Anne05

» The Armoury has been reopened.
Twisty Mazes I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 pm by Mr. Multiple

» Happy Thanksgiving Everybody
Twisty Mazes I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 am by awesomest2.0

» Something sort of a Comment Box
Twisty Mazes I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 pm by awesomest2.0

» Ads Now!?!
Twisty Mazes I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 pm by awesomest2.0

» New Card? How to immediately Equip without wasting a point!
Twisty Mazes I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:02 pm by Ayistromia

» wii games FC
Twisty Mazes I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:38 pm by 44cheese

» wondering if my gear is good??
Twisty Mazes I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:43 pm by awesomest2.0

Top posters
Ayistromia
Twisty Mazes I_vote_lcapTwisty Mazes I_voting_barTwisty Mazes I_vote_rcap 
Dustin Cropps
Slevyas Grue
Sylvaton
Anne05
iwantname
swith
Selaroc
Paeth
awesomest2.0

Twisty Mazes

Go down 
+6
quiltgirl
DietEvil
SmokeyGurl
Dustin Cropps
Ayistromia
Slevyas Grue
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Slevyas Grue

Twisty Mazes Empty
PostSubject: Twisty Mazes   Twisty Mazes I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:16 pm

Gotta love having an initial win probability of -50% on these!! Good thing my special trinket brings it all the way up to -30% Rolling Eyes

Has anyone spent the skill points to really beef up their maze and trap solving prowess? I just can't be bothered with it, and probably not for some time. Would rather spend on PvP skills.

I guess it's yet another great reason to have an Aimfiz Amulet and just head back to base after each single exploration of an area, before a trap pops up and steals all my money!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brandonio17
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Twisty Mazes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisty Mazes   Twisty Mazes I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:56 pm

I haven't yet, but I am going to starting around level 17. I have decided to go down Body tree until I get "Warrior" which will give me all kinds of good battle stats, then go down Mind tree to get the goods on Smart Moves and/or Hit and Run. I like Smart Moves because of the Warrior Trainer has beefed me up on this. I do have an alt with nothing BUT mind skills, and my probability vs Mazes is 120% at my current level. It's freaking awesome. TRAPS on the other hand.... >.<Anyways. If you haven't yet split yourself between two trees, you might consider it just for the adventuring part. After I get my battle trophies, I don't plan on spending my entire time Zorking just for the battlefield till I complete all available quests. I would like to start adventuring soonish, because the battle is boring to me, but I am so good at it, and it's such easy money! And money I REALLY need because while I appreciate being able to raid the armory, I spend most of my zms buying skills and spells, and I would like to upgrade myself as much as possible to get ready for the rush to level 20. And then I can donate all my level 10 gear to Armory <3
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

Twisty Mazes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisty Mazes   Twisty Mazes I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:23 pm

Don't forget, at lvl 30 you get a sidekick that can give you a lot of help in mazes!
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/clan/clan?id=1727
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Slevyas Grue

Twisty Mazes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisty Mazes   Twisty Mazes I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:30 pm

Thanks to you both!

Yep, Mia, I'm split fairly well with mind skills and now body skills. Loving the phat lewts the mind tree is giving me. I totally agree, adventuring is a lot more fun (I love the 'found areas' most) but battle is such easy money. Slevyas ain't much of a battler, though, so I have to grind it out in high level exploration for money at the moment.

Dustin, I had forgotten all about sidekicks! Thanks for that, and yes I'm nearly at 30 so that'll be a relief to have. I'll save my ZM's for that time.

Cheers
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SmokeyGurl
SmokeyGurl

Twisty Mazes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisty Mazes   Twisty Mazes I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 1:54 am

I have Sleyvas.....first in Mechanical Traps & Mazes, then Magical Traps & Mazes....have always succeeded so far! *crosses fingers* Razz
Back to top Go down
http://en.netlog.com/SmokeyDawn
DietEvil
Florian Member
Florian Member
DietEvil

Twisty Mazes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisty Mazes   Twisty Mazes I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 7:01 pm

Just as a warning, if the Warrior skill under the Body tree is like the Scholar skill under the Mind tree, you'll probably have to get ALL the skill in Body before you can learn Warrior. With the Mind tree, I have all the skills connected with a line before Scholar, but it still isn't learnable by me. I'm working on grabbing the rest of the skills that aren't connected to see if that unlocks it, but that's quite a few levels down the road. Could be a bug though. Maybe you won't have the same issue with Warrior as I am with Scholar.

I'm tempted to say screw it at this point and just start focusing on skills across all the trees that will benefit my chosen fighting styles instead of going for Scholar at this point.
Back to top Go down
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Slevyas Grue

Twisty Mazes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisty Mazes   Twisty Mazes I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 9:56 pm

DietEvil wrote:
Just as a warning, if the Warrior skill under the Body tree is like the Scholar skill under the Mind tree, you'll probably have to get ALL the skill in Body before you can learn Warrior. With the Mind tree, I have all the skills connected with a line before Scholar, but it still isn't learnable by me. I'm working on grabbing the rest of the skills that aren't connected to see if that unlocks it, but that's quite a few levels down the road. Could be a bug though. Maybe you won't have the same issue with Warrior as I am with Scholar.

I'm tempted to say screw it at this point and just start focusing on skills across all the trees that will benefit my chosen fighting styles instead of going for Scholar at this point.

Yeah it's not a bug. If you mouseover the description there it says you need all skills to learn that particular one. So yes even though you can earn the skills right above it, seemingly connecting to it, until all of them are learned, it won't open.

First time I saw it, though, I was hopeful it'd be an easy road to get it!
Back to top Go down
quiltgirl
Florian Adept
Florian Adept

Location : Kickin' back on a lounge chair with some Firefly Mint Tea on sunny White Cliffs Beach in my Yeti parka and Yipple fur mukluks

Twisty Mazes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisty Mazes   Twisty Mazes I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 7:11 pm

One of my alts seemed to be a maze/puzzle/trap magnet. Poor boy could not hang on to loot to save his life. I finally got fed up and used the three coconuts I got for completing a quest and bought the Eye of Lobal charm. It gives a 20% bonus to solving all puzzles, mazes and traps. Boy hasn't dropped a smidge of loot since. sunny
Back to top Go down
Captian Jim
Florian Adept
Florian Adept
Captian Jim

Twisty Mazes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisty Mazes   Twisty Mazes I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 12:35 am

I did spend skill points on both the magical and the other traps (name escapes me) It has help, I put one skill point in each of them and also got the locket.

I think a more important point is that these skills can be bought when you get to be a higher level. I was unaware of this. If I had known, I would have waited and just bought them instead of wasting the skill points.
Back to top Go down
Sylvaton
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Sylvaton

Twisty Mazes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisty Mazes   Twisty Mazes I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 2:42 am

Most of my characters have two points in Awareness, which gives +10% on mechanical TMPs. A few have points in the other stuff, but mostly I have other places I want to put my points. And I can second the recommendation for the Eye of Lobal charm. +20% verses all TMP makes 3 coconuts a relatively small price to pay.
Back to top Go down
quiltgirl
Florian Adept
Florian Adept

Location : Kickin' back on a lounge chair with some Firefly Mint Tea on sunny White Cliffs Beach in my Yeti parka and Yipple fur mukluks

Twisty Mazes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisty Mazes   Twisty Mazes I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 2:57 am

Captian Jim wrote:
I think a more important point is that these skills can be bought when you get to be a higher level. I was unaware of this. If I had known, I would have waited and just bought them instead of wasting the skill points.
Can you elaborate? This is the first I've heard about being able to buy skills. Is it just puzzle stuff or can you buy any skill? At what level can you do this and what do you use (cash, coconuts or zorkmids)?
Back to top Go down
akre77
akre77

Twisty Mazes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisty Mazes   Twisty Mazes I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 3:50 am

the magic tmp % can be boosted by the wizard at gue tech
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Twisty Mazes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisty Mazes   Twisty Mazes I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 12:56 pm

I thought it was the Assassin?
Back to top Go down
swith
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
swith

Twisty Mazes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisty Mazes   Twisty Mazes I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 2:55 pm

Assassin gives mech TMP bonus. Gue tech is 48 and Minziaport (assassin) is 32.

I went Enchanter (spirit) and I love Magic TMP. Not yet dropped the 1.5mil on the assassin, thus I hate Mech TMP. Also I've an accountant, grumble grumble nerf grumble, so no help there for TMP.
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Twisty Mazes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisty Mazes   Twisty Mazes I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:01 pm

Right. Well, I am pretty much bought up from the Drunk to the Duelist on all my characters as much as possible. I can always get better gear as I progress with my levels. I think the witch is next right? Plus I am putting 6 in mind for Mechanical TMPs and some in spirit for the Magical ones. I haven't yet decided what my "finished" build is going to be yet though... So difficult.

I probably should make a decision soonish and stick with it though...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Twisty Mazes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisty Mazes   Twisty Mazes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twisty Mazes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Florian Lights :: General Discussion :: Zork Help-
Jump to: