Florian Lights

Fight to conquer. Conquer to rule. Rule to excel. As rulers, we show respect to our enemy and do not mock them in battle. For to do so is to show the mark of a weakened man, and not a true ruler. -Tidurian

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Braggin Rights!
Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:47 pm by derfderf

» The Three Word game...
Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 am by Jet Mattix

» Should we or shouldn't we?
Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am by Anne05

» The Armoury has been reopened.
Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 pm by Mr. Multiple

» Happy Thanksgiving Everybody
Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 am by awesomest2.0

» Something sort of a Comment Box
Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 pm by awesomest2.0

» Ads Now!?!
Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 pm by awesomest2.0

» New Card? How to immediately Equip without wasting a point!
Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:02 pm by Ayistromia

» wii games FC
Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:38 pm by 44cheese

» wondering if my gear is good??
Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:43 pm by awesomest2.0

Top posters
Ayistromia

Dustin Cropps

Slevyas Grue

Sylvaton

Anne05

iwantname

swith

Selaroc

Paeth

awesomest2.0

Share | 

PvP Funding

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord

PostSubject: PvP Funding   Sun May 30, 2010 4:25 am

So whaddya reckon? I'm seeing lots of excellent PvP players whose levels are in the low 20s and they've got amazing gear. How in the world do you afford such gear at such a low level? Is it an endless grind in the Arena, or are they maybe taking advantage of an armory that's stocked to the gills?

Many of them have Easter gear and I find it hard to believe those are in excess in someone's armory. I know Battles are by far the best way to raise cash, and I suppose if you did nothing but fight for 10-12 levels you could be quite rich... but millions of zorkmids rich?

Enquiring minds want to know!
study
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/brandonio17
SmokeyGurl

PostSubject: Re: PvP Funding   Sun May 30, 2010 6:09 am

I say someone's alts hand-me-downs and cash gifts myself....I've been eyeing those Easter goodies & its HARD to even get 50K, much less hundreds!! Sad

Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord

PostSubject: Re: PvP Funding   Sun May 30, 2010 6:12 am

Sounds about right, Smokey. I was looking at the GUE Arena Tech profile and they've got a massive armory.

Ah, well, it's fun to play so I'll just learn to be a little more patient
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

PostSubject: Re: PvP Funding   Sun May 30, 2010 8:38 am

Also, some guilds have PVP players they gear up and donate coconuts to for AP. The entire purpose of these players are to Battle, make zms, then buy stuff for the clan armory... I guarantee you once I reach level 20, I will have my easter spells and whatnots.

I already have 3 toons that have 250+ AR/DR. When I get that level Sleyvas, I'm gonna be THAT guy.

Florian Adept
Florian Adept

PostSubject: Re: PvP Funding   Sun May 30, 2010 1:40 pm

Also these people might be spending money on coconuts and then buying the amulets and potions that get great monies and then using that monies to get great gear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ebontide
Magnanimous Benefactor
Magnanimous Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: PvP Funding   Sun May 30, 2010 3:19 pm

Its not so hard, just takes time. I hit level 11 yesterday and was able to buy the 110,000zm easter armor.

If I exclusively battle people that I know stand no chance (the players that are level 10 with 18ar/10dr etc), then its an easy 1100zm for me. Over a week, thats about 230,000zm to burn generally while gaining at most a single level, or less.

Between doing that, and adventuring below xp threshold as Ayistromia suggested, I've managed to get 90gambit, 560AR/590DR, and enough money to outgear the competition.

It isn't the most exciting means of progressing, but I've decided to see just how well I can get my toon set up without hitting 20.

I fully intend to donate all my spoils to the clan to make us an elite fighting group. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord

PostSubject: Re: PvP Funding   Sun May 30, 2010 6:28 pm

Sounds good, guys, and makes a lot more sense! I guess there's that and the slow grind 5 levels below your level to get Fanucci cards as well. Battle is easy money for sure!
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

PostSubject: Re: PvP Funding   Sun May 30, 2010 8:16 pm

I've acquired 2 easter items, saving for the Easter attack spell. I just hit level 14. I know that I am probably not going to be THE fighter for the clan, but I kind of feel like I could be. At my level, I am feeling pretty smug. Next time I get 90 AP I will be able to afford it, if I can just resist the temptation to play this account everyday!

OH DUSTIIIIIINNNNNN!!! I know I requested something not in the Armory! APPROVE IT ANYWAY!

Florian Lord
Florian Lord

PostSubject: Re: PvP Funding   Sun May 30, 2010 8:34 pm

Along the lines of saving up... is it best to save up a HUGE chunk of cash and get the biggest, baddest item money can buy for said slot? Or is it better to save up for a good improvement over what I have now, save again, buy another improvement, and so on until I have the best thing.

What this boils down to is me being impatient. I can afford a few nice upgrades for various slots, but I've got my eye on the best thing possible at the moment... Yet if I save up for ages to get them, I've got crap gear for ages too. Hmm!
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

PostSubject: Re: PvP Funding   Sun May 30, 2010 9:36 pm

It depends, really. I personally am saving up for the biggest baddest thing out there for my current level. it's 400k Zms. But it's freaking awesome.
I rely on the guild to equip me to an extent, but I can't drain what's not there, and I know we're running low on things as it is SO! Try this, save up for the SECOND biggest, baddest thing out there, which is up to 100k cheaper than the primo, but you're going to need it for secondary attack/defense anyway. This allows you to upgrade a little sooner. Also, something that no one thinks about apparently, MAGIC SPELLS. This is a great way to get the extra AR/DR boost you need, without the item.

Florian Lord
Florian Lord

PostSubject: Re: PvP Funding   Sun May 30, 2010 10:47 pm

That's an awesome plan, Ayis, thanks! I will do just that bounce
Back to top Go down
ebontide
Magnanimous Benefactor
Magnanimous Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: PvP Funding   Sun May 30, 2010 11:23 pm

I would say without a doubt, if you can make due with what you currently have, it is in your best interest to keep saving. The trade in value for items isn't that great, and donating is at a pure loss, so save your money until you start hurting, and splurge on the big shiny one.

If you do start hurting, do what you gotta do, and shove the mid-level weapon in the clan vault when you can afford an upgrade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PvP Funding   Sun May 30, 2010 11:27 pm

Mia, I can't approve that! They should have a clan bank or something, but as far as I go, personally.... I'm tapped. Broke. lol. Nothing can do.

Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

PostSubject: Re: PvP Funding   Mon May 31, 2010 12:13 am

Awwww.... Well, I'll be grinding for a while.... *sigh* This is gonna take like 2 weeks. >.< Can you at least give me a Military Crossbow? Do we have one of those in the armory?

Florian Lord
Florian Lord

PostSubject: Re: PvP Funding   Mon May 31, 2010 2:30 am

ebontide wrote:
I would say without a doubt, if you can make due with what you currently have, it is in your best interest to keep saving. The trade in value for items isn't that great, and donating is at a pure loss, so save your money until you start hurting, and splurge on the big shiny one.

If you do start hurting, do what you gotta do, and shove the mid-level weapon in the clan vault when you can afford an upgrade.

OK Ebon, thanks for that. I'll save up as in the long run it'll be less time spent actually saving. Currently I have one guy who hits Slev every day for fame, but nothing serious. If I start getting mobbed, I'll spring for something to tide me over.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Anne05
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor

PostSubject: Re: PvP Funding   Mon May 31, 2010 4:59 pm

How can you tell if someone hits your character while you are out? Do you get a message?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord

PostSubject: Re: PvP Funding   Mon May 31, 2010 5:48 pm

Yep. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PvP Funding   Mon May 31, 2010 7:14 pm

You sure do. You will get an Message sent to your characters inbox.

Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

PostSubject: Re: PvP Funding   Mon May 31, 2010 9:38 pm

Message will say "Battle Outcome" titled from the player who hit you
Inside will be the results, whether you won or lost, and their battle taunt line. I just won 40 fame today with people trying to farm me. It makes me happy.

Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor

PostSubject: Re: PvP Funding   Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:15 pm

Did my first battling today on an alt. I used a fairly poorly geared and mediocre gambit lvl11. Was just a toon I made to explore some workings. So when you are looking for easy fame money do you merely scroll through the attitude and magic looking for you strengths and making sure they have a low AR/DR? Or are you switching attitude and magic for each fight? Are you actually looking them up and changing weapons/armor? Or did you all just spend time card farming to get the higher gambit?

I went same lvl and started off changing magic and attitude to best options, blew monies of spells to make sure I had half decent options. Got tired of switching for each battle after 10ap and started just looking for an ideal match where I didn't need to change. Either way with a mediocre gambit and poor gear I won 18/23 I did. It was typically >60% FWP and I swear each of the losses I rolled 6-7 straight above 80. The RNG of LoZ quite often seems not too random.

I've another toon at lvl6 that shall spend 2-3months card farming then will start arena grinding. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord

PostSubject: Re: PvP Funding   Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:31 pm

Yep, I just keep on fighting if my AR/DR is too much for theirs to be an even match; otherwise if it's close I'll change my attitude stance. I keep a second tab open on the character edit screen so I don't have to navigate away all the time to do this.

With my PvP alt I am card farming for now and once I'm happy with that, I'll hit the Arena again to raise cash for better gear!

Have fun out there Swith
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PvP Funding   Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:44 pm

Ayistromia wrote:
Awwww.... Well, I'll be grinding for a while.... *sigh* This is gonna take like 2 weeks. >.< Can you at least give me a Military Crossbow? Do we have one of those in the armory?
Mia, I usually do a quick scan of the requests and see if you or one of my other active moderators/members did any requests. I assure you, if you request it and we have it, it's yours.

Florian Lord
Florian Lord

PostSubject: Re: PvP Funding   Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:09 am

Speaking of PvP battles, my first character recently had a fight with some shmoe with single-digit AR/DR, and at the end of the fight I got a message saying "You win 15,429 fame".

Keep in mind, this toon was level 19 and had about 200 fame at the time.

Did the game flake? Or did I catch someone with massive amounts of fame who had de-equipped their character or something?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

PostSubject: Re: PvP Funding   Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:57 am

I think the Schmoe, De-equipped.

@ Dustin, That's kind of the point, Dustin. We DON'T have it, nor anything my level, nor anything really comparable. That's why I made teh Armory Restocking thread. Cause our armory is great for level one, but past that you're on your own. Check it and see, am I not right?

Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor

PostSubject: Re: PvP Funding   Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:13 am

That's right. I'm battling to make bank and purchase items for the armory. Gotta say cards are far more important to find for adventurers though. Would be nice if we could trade cards though. Ok, back to the underground empire...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PvP Funding   

Back to top Go down

PvP Funding
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Florian Lights :: General Discussion :: Zork Help-
Jump to: