Florian Lights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florian Lights

Fight to conquer. Conquer to rule. Rule to excel. As rulers, we show respect to our enemy and do not mock them in battle. For to do so is to show the mark of a weakened man, and not a true ruler. -Tidurian

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Braggin Rights!
Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:47 pm by derfderf

» The Three Word game...
Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 am by Jet Mattix

» Should we or shouldn't we?
Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am by Anne05

» The Armoury has been reopened.
Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 pm by Mr. Multiple

» Happy Thanksgiving Everybody
Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 am by awesomest2.0

» Something sort of a Comment Box
Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 pm by awesomest2.0

» Ads Now!?!
Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 pm by awesomest2.0

» New Card? How to immediately Equip without wasting a point!
Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:02 pm by Ayistromia

» wii games FC
Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:38 pm by 44cheese

» wondering if my gear is good??
Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:43 pm by awesomest2.0

Top posters
Ayistromia
Area Monsters I_vote_lcapArea Monsters I_voting_barArea Monsters I_vote_rcap 
Dustin Cropps
Slevyas Grue
Sylvaton
Anne05
iwantname
swith
Selaroc
Paeth
awesomest2.0

Area Monsters

Go down 
+2
Ayistromia
Xeike
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Xeike
Florian Member
Florian Member
Xeike

Area Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Area Monsters   Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 8:18 pm

So, I'm trying to get my pest control trophies while I humbug around waiting to level up and farming cards.

However, I'm one of those weird anal retentive about the weirdest things kind of people. Feel free to grab a shirt out of the laundry as long as it smells fine, isn't stained, and still makes my boobs look nice; however if I'm attempting to accomplish something, I prefer to micromanage.

So, I was thinking it might be helpful to know exactly what type of monsters can be found in what locations. Now, I'm all out of AP's for today (stupid only 30 AP's a day $&#$ &^#$ &#&^%#....*mutter mutter snarl grumble mutter*) but tomorrow I think I'm going to start making a list. Then at least I know what I'm looking for.

Unless of course a list already exists, and like the Accountant, I simply don't know how to find it. LOL

Aaaanyhoo - if it's been done, let me know, if not, anyone on board to give me a hand for the areas I can't access yet?
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Area Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area Monsters   Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 9:54 pm

Swith showed me this page and it's been really helpful to me. Check it out, and keep a notebook handy and nearby!
Back to top Go down
Sylvaton
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Sylvaton

Area Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area Monsters   Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 2:03 am

Swith's post also has a link to a forum post with a link to this, a spreadsheet that breaks the beasties down by area.
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Area Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area Monsters   Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:42 am

Spreadsheet didn't work so well for me. of course it's probably user error.
Back to top Go down
swith
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
swith

Area Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area Monsters   Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 1:11 pm

The link opens a google document which then you can save and open in any spreadsheet program. The nice thing about saving it is you can then modify it to your liking.

Here's the link. I have been working on the Pest Controls, if your frustrated now just wait. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anne05
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
Anne05

Area Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area Monsters   Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 2:57 pm

Xeike wrote:
Feel free to grab a shirt out of the laundry as long as it smells fine, isn't stained, and still makes my boobs look nice;
I'm all for anything as long as it makes "boobs look nice" Area Monsters Icon_cheers lol

Thanks for the link swith! thats truly helpful
Back to top Go down
Xeike
Florian Member
Florian Member
Xeike

Area Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area Monsters   Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 3:10 pm

Thank you for the links! they are in fact quite helpful.

And yes, enhancing my chest's distraction rating is probably the one big thing I do as part of my morning's routine (besides of course, brushing my teeth and snarfing down a ham and cheese everything bagel). XD

So far I've got I think two of the Pest Control awards. I will get them all. I WIIIIILL~!
Back to top Go down
Xeike
Florian Member
Florian Member
Xeike

Area Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area Monsters   Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 12:54 am

LOL

Okay yes well, very true. Ugh, I finally got around to my main account to work towards the pest control trophies. There are WAY too many types of enemies in Fenshire. >.<
Back to top Go down
Sylvaton
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Sylvaton

Area Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area Monsters   Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:01 am

I can't believe that as much time as I spent grinding in the Dark Forest with nearly all my characters, that there are still some that don't have the DF Pest Control trophy yet. >.< And I just spent about 100 AP in Frigid River Valley with one character and he *still* hasn't gotten 10 of everything there. Curse my mania to collect trophies!
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Area Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area Monsters   Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 2:14 pm

Lol it's infectious the need to get all trophies.

I recently got the "Frigid River Valley Trophy on one of my chars" It was an accident, just doing a quest. I'm kind of amazed.

Last edited by Ayistromia on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xeike
Florian Member
Florian Member
Xeike

Area Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area Monsters   Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 2:52 pm

edited top keep on topic *Ayistromia*

I've been trying to get Fenshire's pest control trophy, but thus far I've come across 15 different species in there. >.<
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Area Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area Monsters   Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 3:10 pm

I don't think I can even get into Fenshire yet... but *cheers* to good luck with your trophy! I am currently working on my Battle trophies, my clan trophies, and Adventuring trophies...

Last edited by Ayistromia on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xeike
Florian Member
Florian Member
Xeike

Area Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area Monsters   Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:22 am

I shouldn't be laughing at that as hard as I am. XD

But I am... you are right on both counts. *s*
Back to top Go down
Sylvaton
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Sylvaton

Area Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area Monsters   Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 12:04 am

*edited to stay on topic ~Ayistromia*

OK, area monsters -- I'm working through the "Pest Control" trophies currently, and found the spreadsheet linked to earlier sort of helpful. Since I currently have 15 characters, I'm not using them "as is", however. I'm using the spreadsheet to make big charts in a notebook with the monsters on one axis and my characters on another, and making tick marks to track how many of what I've killed in a given area.

Too bad I've played everyone for at least a few days before I started doing this, but... <shrug> ...what can you do? The only character I probably "wasted" turns with (i.e., killed a lot more than I needed to) was Freebleblox, when I was burning up the last of the 200 APs he got from that quest reward. I kept him in FRV until he had killed nearly 10 of everything in one visit (pretty much).
Back to top Go down
swith
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
swith

Area Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area Monsters   Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:17 pm

Well I've two characters I play 'regularly' and numerous others I mess around with. Only one of my toons is working on pest control.

Thus far
[The Dark Forest] Pest Control
[The White Cliffs] Pest Control
[Flathead Mountains] Pest Control
[Flathead Fjord] Pest Control
[Frigid River Valley] Pest Control
[White Cliffs Beach] Pest Control
[Aragain Falls] Pest Control
[Antharia Caves] Pest Control
[Granola Mines] Pest Control
[Peltoid Valley] Pest Control
[The Coast Road] Pest Control
[Ruins of Pheebor] Pest Control ***yay***

He's lvl32 and working on Ruins of Pheebor, -1 lvl. >< Much better than -4 for Granola Mines to wrap it up. Many locals have taken much longer than desired, ie forcing me to stay past same level. Part of the issue was not tracking with the spreadsheet till lvl 20 or so.

Just about every zone has 1-2monsters that seem more rare. Granola Mines' trolls took me 20AP to get the last 2 with 10+ of all else. Either earlier this thread or some other thread I whined about 90AP to get the last 5mobs in some other area. It's fun and I like collecting things, Pokemon was truly addictive for the first 4 or so iterations.

Ohh and just to stay with the trend of discussing other things. I love ( . Y . ) !

**edit** New Complaint about Ruins of Pheebor, which I did finally finish. In 150AP I had 25 TMP, 1/6th of my turns were TMP. Also frustrating thing was I'd get 2-3 TMP in a row.
Back to top Go down
Sylvaton
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Sylvaton

Area Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area Monsters   Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 11:56 pm

swith wrote:
**edit** New Complaint about Ruins of Pheebor, which I did finally finish. In 150AP I had 25 TMP, 1/6th of my turns were TMP. Also frustrating thing was I'd get 2-3 TMP in a row.

OK, pardon my ignorance, but what is TMP?

I regularly run my characters at -4 levels because I'm still trying to get some decent frickin' cards on most of them, and I'd like to have said cards before I get too far along in levels.

**edit** Crappo, I just realized I left my notebook at home that has all my creature encounter logs in it. Not only that, it also has my "cheat sheet" with the DF card relationships. :/
Back to top Go down
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Slevyas Grue

Area Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area Monsters   Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 5:16 am

Sylvaton wrote:

OK, pardon my ignorance, but what is TMP?

TMP = Trap/Maze/Puzzle

Or: PITA (pain in the ass)

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brandonio17
Sylvaton
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Sylvaton

Area Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area Monsters   Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 6:09 am

So ka.

Yeah, TMPs are definitely PITAs. Razz Especially when I have a 70-something% chance to succeed, and still manage to roll 80+ and lose the last 12 turns of zorkmids I've accumulated since my last trip to base.

I came that close to naming my cat Pita when she was a wee tiny kitten -- I was taking her to the vet and she climbed into the dashboard, and I couldn't get her out for love nor money. :/ I scraped most of the skin off of one side of my forearm reaching into the hole she had crawled through and could barely catch hold of her rear legs. I must have spent 45 minutes trying to get her out of there.

She ended up being named Mia (no relation) and she's still a PITA most days. Wouldn't trade her for the world, though.
Back to top Go down
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Slevyas Grue

Area Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area Monsters   Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 6:19 am

Haha, great cat story there. Although I'm sure at the time you didn't think it was so great! She must've known where you were taking her, to fight it so much Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brandonio17
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Area Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area Monsters   Area Monsters I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 10:51 pm

Topic JUST got back on track! Start a kitty story thread in Tavern, if you wish to continue!

(And I say this, because I'm the worst sinner at throwing a topic off subject and only recently realized how annoying it is)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Area Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Area Monsters   Area Monsters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Area Monsters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Florian Lights :: General Discussion :: Zork Help-
Jump to: