Florian Lights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florian Lights

Fight to conquer. Conquer to rule. Rule to excel. As rulers, we show respect to our enemy and do not mock them in battle. For to do so is to show the mark of a weakened man, and not a true ruler. -Tidurian

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Braggin Rights!
For The OCD People Among Us I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:47 pm by derfderf

» The Three Word game...
For The OCD People Among Us I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 am by Jet Mattix

» Should we or shouldn't we?
For The OCD People Among Us I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am by Anne05

» The Armoury has been reopened.
For The OCD People Among Us I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 pm by Mr. Multiple

» Happy Thanksgiving Everybody
For The OCD People Among Us I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 am by awesomest2.0

» Something sort of a Comment Box
For The OCD People Among Us I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 pm by awesomest2.0

» Ads Now!?!
For The OCD People Among Us I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 pm by awesomest2.0

» New Card? How to immediately Equip without wasting a point!
For The OCD People Among Us I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:02 pm by Ayistromia

» wii games FC
For The OCD People Among Us I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:38 pm by 44cheese

» wondering if my gear is good??
For The OCD People Among Us I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:43 pm by awesomest2.0

Top posters
Ayistromia
For The OCD People Among Us I_vote_lcapFor The OCD People Among Us I_voting_barFor The OCD People Among Us I_vote_rcap 
Dustin Cropps
For The OCD People Among Us I_vote_lcapFor The OCD People Among Us I_voting_barFor The OCD People Among Us I_vote_rcap 
Slevyas Grue
Sylvaton
Anne05
iwantname
swith
Selaroc
Paeth
awesomest2.0

For The OCD People Among Us

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
swith
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
swith

For The OCD People Among Us Empty
PostSubject: For The OCD People Among Us   For The OCD People Among Us I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 3:45 pm

Just a recommendation about getting trophies, in particular the Battle Trophies. I highly suggest you spend your time early to get a majority of these. The 1mil ZM is a grind as is the Highest Honor one. The reasoning is simple, there are many more clueless people at lower levels.

I've an alt who's 16, just sub 400 AR/DR. I have no problem finding many many 20s with sub 200 AR/DR. Thus an easy win and many people to pick from. Another character of mine is 33, finding lvl 37s with 'poor' stats is much harder. As you lvl up there are less people to pick from and by the time you've hit lvl30 generally you've bothered to figure some things out. Sure you can comb the lists looking for that good match and mid 30s it is still possible, but time consuming. As you go 40+ that's a significant time investment and even if they were going same lvl or -1 the whole time they had to buy decent gear and put together a good hand to survive.
Back to top Go down
swith
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
swith

PostSubject: Re: For The OCD People Among Us   For The OCD People Among Us I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:44 am

Well at 35 the +4s are thin that are easy. Really it's my toon's preparation. First time setting up to do battles. Being cheap and putting off upgrades till I really need em leaves my stats not terribly competitive in battle. Sure in a few weeks I'll be over 10mil ZM, but with the long term goal of one day hitting one billion... It's just a slow grind 10 battles a day picking the 'good' matches.
Back to top Go down
swith
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
swith

PostSubject: Re: For The OCD People Among Us   For The OCD People Among Us I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 2:46 pm

I got impatient and greatly extended my time to ever get to 99%. I am rather close to the 100 +4s and the 1mil in arena. I also needed to go ahead and upgrade my weapon to be remotely competitive, thus the bank roll is hurting. Back to the slow grind with Ironman completed and a 'decent' set of stats. But really I cannot stress arena is MUCH MUCH easier in the lower levels. Also in the 35-40 range I can hit someone I outclass by 400+ AR/DR combined, have a good magic and attitude set and still end up around 50% fwp. Next fight it could be someone I don't even have 300+ AR/DR on and get over 100% fwp.

Learning to look and judge who bought all their trainer skills (without checking trophies) and who really tweaked they spec for battles. Still not always right. In general if they are over 1k fame and/or have >80% wins, they probably are a bit tougher than just their ar/dr may lead you to believe.
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

PostSubject: Re: For The OCD People Among Us   For The OCD People Among Us I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:12 pm

I know. People say it's not worth buying your trainers, but I can't help myself. Everyone of them so far either offer health points, or +attack with sticks and stones (which I use. often. on all my toons even.) So far I think I have come up with the ultimate in battle strategy for skill points. I am experimenting on my lowbies.

I will let you know in a few weeks how it turns out. But I think it's a great idea to do 3 points in Spirit, about 12 in Mind, and the rest into Body for the ultimate in Battle skill points.
Back to top Go down
swith
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
swith

PostSubject: Re: For The OCD People Among Us   For The OCD People Among Us I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 7:56 pm

Well in the end it is about your willingness to grind for a long period of time. Seeing a lvl6 with 100cards, not just 100gambit, but 100 cards. See a lvl11 with the Top Easter Weapon. I've a lvl7 with 28cards, figure I'll get to 60 and start to arena seriously. Made them a guild with at lvl16 that is just arena farming and already have the best possible lvl10 weapons set aside for em. I'll have all the drunk training by lvl8. On accident one sleepy morning at lvl6 I forgot to set it to lvl1. Then I got bored and farmed at -4 to see if the money really changed. Now less than 1k to lvl8 and the money is not significantly better at -4 than -5. Figure I'll do a few arena this coming week and make the 10k more I need to finish the drunk skills, but that will ding me to 8. Sadly not my 'main' but I'm seeing just how long I can farm and not get bored.
Back to top Go down
Paeth
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
Paeth

PostSubject: Re: For The OCD People Among Us   For The OCD People Among Us I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 1:23 am

Until now I hadn't really taken the time to read over this one, but you have alot of very sound points here. Recently I had a graced fortune and scored the 93k fame off one battle, but I approach the areana very methodically too. Up until my recent making of the 5 new characters, I stopped lvling at about lvl 10ish when I had the drunk and warrior, and farmed for cards, and used money on trainers- until my top level Peath, Jus-me, Tolanderz, and Baile were all sporting the 100 FG.

Then I turned to the (initial intent) of trophies in the battle catagory, but it quickly changed to grinding for money for the big 1.5 mill weapons. (Which co-incidentally would not even be a close realization if it hadn't been for the group adventure refund credit that bumped me up to 400 turns plus)

I'm a bit more bent on building the personal stats as well as clan stats though as my motivation. Like in a seperate discussion somewhere else in the forum- I first check their clan, I avoid hitting any other FL memebers, then if I don't have a clear win, ideally I have something of every stance and I rotate my whole equipment to take in the biggest adge I can. Some fights were won only by my doing that.

You're definatly right about the earlier levels being easier as well, but I have seen a trend in my recent battles where the 20's are averaging about a 200 ar/dr And the 1 out of 10 having 400's.

Either way I'll be paying much more attention to this column if you include anymore information. But I also have to agree with Ayistromia, because when I inadvertantly level up, I find myself compelled to dump large sums into the trainers. Recently bought the Witch out of her skills on three characters. And that hurt my weapon dreams. But I found that it's essential in my prefered skill build (I call it a combat build) to have those trainer skills. (Wish I could redo ALL my skill builds lol)

So at anyrate I have to ask myself- weapon or skills? Which is MORE worth it? I undeniablly admit to myself, that being close to teh weapon that would give my (then) lvl 18 an ar of 500+ for a stat total of 1000 would enable me to beat 'MOST' people I've relucatantly avoid picking a fight with. At the same time- I've had fights that were won solely do to those skills. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For The OCD People Among Us   For The OCD People Among Us I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For The OCD People Among Us
Page 1 of 1