Florian Lights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florian Lights

Fight to conquer. Conquer to rule. Rule to excel. As rulers, we show respect to our enemy and do not mock them in battle. For to do so is to show the mark of a weakened man, and not a true ruler. -Tidurian

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Braggin Rights!
Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:47 pm by derfderf

» The Three Word game...
Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 am by Jet Mattix

» Should we or shouldn't we?
Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am by Anne05

» The Armoury has been reopened.
Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 pm by Mr. Multiple

» Happy Thanksgiving Everybody
Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 am by awesomest2.0

» Something sort of a Comment Box
Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 pm by awesomest2.0

» Ads Now!?!
Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 pm by awesomest2.0

» New Card? How to immediately Equip without wasting a point!
Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:02 pm by Ayistromia

» wii games FC
Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:38 pm by 44cheese

» wondering if my gear is good??
Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:43 pm by awesomest2.0

Top posters
Ayistromia
Should we or shouldn't we? I_vote_lcapShould we or shouldn't we? I_voting_barShould we or shouldn't we? I_vote_rcap 
Dustin Cropps
Should we or shouldn't we? I_vote_lcapShould we or shouldn't we? I_voting_barShould we or shouldn't we? I_vote_rcap 
Slevyas Grue
Sylvaton
Anne05
iwantname
swith
Selaroc
Paeth
awesomest2.0

Should we or shouldn't we?

Go down 
+7
derfderf
Sylvaton
quiltgirl
Paeth
Dustin Cropps
Slevyas Grue
Ayistromia
11 posters

Kick the losers out and Drop Rank?
YES!!! we don't need no stinkin' rank!
Should we or shouldn't we? I_vote_lcap80%Should we or shouldn't we? I_vote_rcap
 80% [ 12 ]
NO!!! Keep us high on the lists!
Should we or shouldn't we? I_vote_lcap13%Should we or shouldn't we? I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
DON'T GIVE A CRAP!
Should we or shouldn't we? I_vote_lcap7%Should we or shouldn't we? I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Should we or shouldn't we? Empty
PostSubject: Should we or shouldn't we?   Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 4:25 pm

Alrighty! We, the officers of the clan have a question that you guys need to input on. We want to purge the weak and useless from our ranks, but that would considerably drop our current rankings off the front page, possibly even to the bottom of second or middle third. We have a whole lot of trash in our numbers.

But it's up to you guys. Do we purge the useless and weak at the cost of our ranking? Or do we leave them as padding for the moment and ignore them? The absolute WORST thing that a spy can do is use up our sparse armory. And read our forums. And there's nothing we can do about all that, but still.

So yeah. What do you guys say? Do you want to purge at the cost of our rank? Or keep them all, spies included, and keep our current rank?

Don't forget to post your opinion in the poll too!!!
Back to top Go down
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Slevyas Grue

PostSubject: Re: Should we or shouldn't we?   Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 6:59 pm

Good issue, and I say separate the wheat from the chaff. I'd rather be part of an active, solid clan than one that sacrifices that just for the sake of being on the first page.

If I read right somewhere, LoZ is going to overhaul how it ranks clans soon. They should weight certain things and not just tie it to straight membership size. They should overhaul player rankings as well, but that is a different kettle of fish.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brandonio17
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Should we or shouldn't we?   Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:17 pm

a little food for thought... who ever reads this... did you join us knowing we were a solid clan or did you join because of the rank? OR simply because we invited you before anyone else?

The thing I'm getting at is just that sometimes a high rank attracts active people. but we were pretty small when a lot of you joined up, so that is obviously not true in every case.
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/clan/clan?id=1727
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Should we or shouldn't we?   Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:18 pm

by the way, mia... i think i accidently close your poll! I have no idea what I did! i viewed results, hit an x, and suddenly it said poll closed! haha. sorry! I'll try to fix it if you don't get to it first!
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/clan/clan?id=1727
Paeth
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
Paeth

PostSubject: Re: Should we or shouldn't we?   Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:27 pm

Actually I was sitting with 10 characters, 3 or 4 of which were in other clans when I got my invite randomly from... you know I dont even remember. At the time there was alot I didn't know, and I wasn't even looking at the clan boards until I was a member here. I was wasting so much personal time I decided to drop all non-clan characters, and that gave me time to really LOOK at who I was working for.

You guys won me over personally, between the fun people here, and being active in the "doing things other then giving out-right orders on everything" So I realized, you know. THese people are worth my loyalty and time, which is when I moved all my characters from their respective clans to FL. I may not be the most 'useful' member, But I'd not work for anyone else either.
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

PostSubject: Re: Should we or shouldn't we?   Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:50 pm

@Dustin No, the poll is still active.
@Sleyas... I was thinking the same thing, but at times I think I can be a little bitchy, so I try not to be (or at least try not to say it out loud).
@Paeth. We really love having you, and I always enjoy anyone that's active in the forums trying to figure things out right along with us all. I'm glad that our random invite produced such a person like you.

Anyone else that has two cents to toss in should probably do so. I am not planning on "The Great Mian Exodus" anytime soon, but if sufficient time passes without much more input, I will go with the majority here (which seems to be going the way of the purge)
Back to top Go down
quiltgirl
Florian Adept
Florian Adept

Location : Kickin' back on a lounge chair with some Firefly Mint Tea on sunny White Cliffs Beach in my Yeti parka and Yipple fur mukluks

PostSubject: Re: Should we or shouldn't we?   Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:04 am

I hadn't planned on joining a clan at all but Sylvaton answered my question about battles by giving me linkage to 'Mia's posts. I read those and then every thing else on the forum in one marathon sitting.
I loved the fun and playfulness I found here and the level of respect given to members, to opponents and to other clans. (I abhor poor sportsmanship and poaching).
I like being up there on the front page but also want my clan to be the best it can be. Competitive a little? You bet. That said, not every player's goal is to be a battle monster, nor should it be. How do you determine who is a spy/mule vs legitimate but casual player? I know only a relative few members post actively on the forums but hope many more at least read them and make use of the information. How much of the membership is not registered on forums? What are some active measures that could be taken to encourage members to maximize their potential without interfering with their enjoyment and chosen style of game play?
Yikes. I sound like an advert for a self-help guru. tongue
Back to top Go down
quiltgirl
Florian Adept
Florian Adept

Location : Kickin' back on a lounge chair with some Firefly Mint Tea on sunny White Cliffs Beach in my Yeti parka and Yipple fur mukluks

PostSubject: Re: Should we or shouldn't we?   Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:13 am

Whoa! I just voted and viewed the results. It's only been up for a day so maybe most folks haven't seen it. I would seriously hesitate to base such an important decision on so small a sample size. How long will the poll be up and should an email alert be sent to the membership?
Back to top Go down
Sylvaton
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Sylvaton

PostSubject: Re: Should we or shouldn't we?   Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:53 am

The wife has already said most of what I'm thinking, but I just want to echo that I'd rather be part of a solid but smaller clan, than a clan that's big just for the sake of being big. I would also echo quiltgirl's point that 7 votes (at the time I write this) out of 1000+ clan members is pretty small -- although I really wish they could/would do like WoW (::hastily makes the sign against the Evil Eye::) does with guilds, and distinguish number of accounts in a clan from the number of characters. Heck, I'm responsible for 13 clan members just by my lonesome. >.< So I'd say send a clanwide message out through Zork and give people about a week to respond before you start your purge, if you decide to go that route.
Back to top Go down
derfderf
Florian Member
Florian Member
derfderf

PostSubject: Re: Should we or shouldn't we?   Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:44 am

I wonder how would it be decided who are "the weak and useless".

Personally it was the interesting name, initially, and excellent ideals that I found in this forum that attracted me to Florian Lights. The fun competitions and very interesting, fun and creative clan members keep me(us) here.
(Thanks to a certain clan member I now blush every time a yipple pops up to fight me, dam I am blushing now!)
Back to top Go down
iwantname
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
iwantname

PostSubject: Re: Should we or shouldn't we?   Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 6:39 am

i agree with sylvaton.i would prefer to be a member of a solid clan than a member of an inactive clan.i dont care about the rankings.but by seeing the votes which are only 8 its to early to judge whats going to happen.i think what sylvaton said about sending a message to everyone is the best idea.
Back to top Go down
Real Regicide
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Should we or shouldn't we?   Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:03 pm

I have been playing games for nearly 30 years,and have been part of several online clans, guilds etc... I fully agree that you should weed out the dormant and spy members. I have been part of extremely active clans before and it really added a lot to the experience. I may not post much on this forum, but I do enjoy reading what my fellow clan members are writing. A strong clan can lead to long friendships no matter if they are virtual or real world. Just as an example I have an entire group of friends that I play shooters with on PSN that I have known since the days of SOCOM 2. After all these years we still have a blast playing together but have never met in the real world. I would definetly enjoy having a second online family for these type of games, however with just caring about ranking we can never really aquire a tight knit group. So I must say that I am fully on board for a drop in rank if it leads to a better experience for all involved.
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

PostSubject: Re: Should we or shouldn't we?   Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:28 pm

derfderf wrote:
I wonder how would it be decided who are "the weak and useless".

The weak and useless.... Members of over 2 months who have low gambits vs their card collection... Members of over 2 months at level 1-5. Members still in possession of Pen Knives. We may have a crap armory, but we have better than that, seriously. Members that do not have all slots equipped, or are intentionally disarmed.

They are weak, and pretty much useless. We are a clan to help each other, not to weaken the whole by allowing such riffraff. At least in my version of reality, which may not be everyone else's reality.

quiltgirl wrote:
Whoa! How long will the poll be up and should an email alert be sent to the membership?

I suspect about a month will be sufficient to tally all votes. Give or take a week depending on other officer's availability to discuss things.

@Sylvaton. There will be about one week's warning before the purge begins, if such an event were to actually take place.
Back to top Go down
quiltgirl
Florian Adept
Florian Adept

PostSubject: Re: Should we or shouldn't we?   Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 4:48 pm

derfderf wrote:
(Thanks to a certain clan member I now blush every time a yipple pops up to fight me, dam I am blushing now!)
Off topic I know, but boy am I glad I'm not the only one who can't fight a yipple with a straight face any more. lol!
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

PostSubject: Re: Should we or shouldn't we?   Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 5:24 pm

quiltgirl wrote:
derfderf wrote:
Off topic I know, but boy am I glad I'm not the only one who can't fight a yipple with a straight face any more. lol!

My work is accomplished here. LOL!
Back to top Go down
Paeth
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
Paeth

PostSubject: Re: Should we or shouldn't we?   Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:22 pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence Ayistromia, but as to the topic at hand-
I wont' hesitate to admit that I for one voted for the purge, and I also have to generally agree with her 'weak and useless'
Don't misunderstand me, I've got a number of charcters that are capped at different levels, including one that I am experimenting with at lvl 6. Though I make it clear I am deliberately moving slow for my own purposes, I do fall in to teh weak catagory with some of my characters do to lack of card drops. But I think what is the issue here is a difference between two months of slow methodical action vrs 2 months of no change/activity at all.

And I think that it's fair to purge avatars like that because it would seem to me that there's no real person behind the characters. I cant' count the number of the 'steam punk' avatars that still sitting with stats as low as 18 ar and stuff like that, that probably jumped in then bailed out. And I think it's those even more then 'spy's ' that are what need to go. At least spy's are active lol

And IF JOLT does weight and alter the ranking of clans, as it's rumored, odds are even with the lack of members our stats MORE then make up for it. We're solid as a clan, in several ways.

And really, even in my breif time with in FL, I'm sure that out C.O.s are wise enough to remember who said they would be dormant for a period of time, as well as an ample amount of time for names to be listed, and responses to be made.

Now, if someone could convince me the 'dead weight' (lack of better words) was not in anyway harmful to the clan, then I would consider an alternate response vrs my current vote.

Thats just my general thoughts though, and right now I am also generally wondering what this yipple story is...
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

PostSubject: Re: Should we or shouldn't we?   Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:41 pm

It's a reference, I'm sure, to the Joke contest "this must be FRIGID river valley, cause your YIPPLES are showing..."
Also I have an alt named Yipple Licker.
Back to top Go down
Paeth
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
Paeth

PostSubject: Re: Should we or shouldn't we?   Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 4:29 pm

Had a thought today, because of this comment.
It was as follows-
Explore Flathead Fjord
Discover The Slightly yipple-infested Mansion of Krolir

And I thought.... why only slightly?
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

PostSubject: Re: Should we or shouldn't we?   Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 6:06 pm

Perhaps it's a scantily clad yipple. only slightly peeking out from one of those lacy numbers? Dunno?

BACK ON TOPIC!!!
Should we or shouldn't we purge the clan of the weak and useless???
Back to top Go down
Sylvaton
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Sylvaton

PostSubject: Re: Should we or shouldn't we?   Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 4:08 am

Personally, I can't fight a yipple with a straight face anyway -- I mean, have you actually LOOKED at the expression on one of those guys lately?

In answer to Paeth's question, perhaps it's only slightly yipple infested because they (the yipples) are fighting an uphill battle against all the other beasties in there.

And to stay on topic and avoid the molesticating wraith of 'Mia, I did my part to assist the battle ratios today when in a fit of depression, I removed Freebleblox from the clan and deleted him because he had attracted a bunch of fame vampires, and I was getting tired of seeing 2 and 3 messages a day in my inbox from the same 5 or 6 guys. Quiltgirl always hated his avatar, anyway. Oh, and yes, I donated all his gear (plus spent all his money and then donated that gear) to the clan before leaving and deleting him.
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

PostSubject: Re: Should we or shouldn't we?   Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 9:16 am

I'm still here!!!! Been a while, and I know you guys miss me, maybe like you miss a hole in the head, but where would you be without a mouth? anyways.
Life is kind of weird, I might have my internets back in about a month or two, but I am currently waging a silent war of wills with my mom. My strategy is to keep the internet off and luxuries down to a minimum (no tv, no internet, just books or be productive doing housework) to see does she want to stay with me because she actually NEEDS me or because she wants what working 75-80 hours a week can provide. Apparently she's going to move back in with her husband, but no date on when yet. When she's gone, I shall have my internets up back and running, be active again and all that. I'm hoping 2 months tops on that. So there we go, my timeframe to be back in the game! 2 months!!

PS, funny thing happened at work the other day, my manager wanted me to assist a handicapped person into and out of the restroom. I do NOT do restroom buddies with ANYONE for ANY REASON (gross and creepy? hell yes!). she asked me where's my sense of human compassion.... I replied with a perfectly straight face, mostly due to confusion on where she would have gotten the mistaken impression i was compassionate, "I'm trying to kick my own mother out of my house, and you expect compassion from me for some lady I've never even met??" She laughed. I still refused to help the wheelchair lady in the restroom. The End
Back to top Go down
44cheese
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Should we or shouldn't we?   Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 8:07 pm

once again im back not on my old account sadly but im back i haven't been on because school thing got heated up when i took out the schools power with a football but u know life gose on ill try to b on once a day i c u guys still have some of my topics from over a year ago which is sad but ya
cheese is back albino
Back to top Go down
Anne05
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
Anne05

PostSubject: Re: Should we or shouldn't we?   Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am

I'm off and on and in and out but still poke my head in here occasionally. As I said before I'm cool if you good folks give me the boot. I appreciate the time we've spent together but the reality is I can be an active player/member at this point. Thanks ya'll
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should we or shouldn't we?   Should we or shouldn't we? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should we or shouldn't we?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Florian Lights :: Clan Hall :: Clan Related Discussion-
Jump to: