Florian Lights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florian Lights

Fight to conquer. Conquer to rule. Rule to excel. As rulers, we show respect to our enemy and do not mock them in battle. For to do so is to show the mark of a weakened man, and not a true ruler. -Tidurian

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Braggin Rights!
Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:47 pm by derfderf

» The Three Word game...
Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 am by Jet Mattix

» Should we or shouldn't we?
Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am by Anne05

» The Armoury has been reopened.
Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 pm by Mr. Multiple

» Happy Thanksgiving Everybody
Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 am by awesomest2.0

» Something sort of a Comment Box
Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 pm by awesomest2.0

» Ads Now!?!
Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 pm by awesomest2.0

» New Card? How to immediately Equip without wasting a point!
Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:02 pm by Ayistromia

» wii games FC
Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:38 pm by 44cheese

» wondering if my gear is good??
Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:43 pm by awesomest2.0

Top posters
Ayistromia
Need Quest Help I_vote_lcapNeed Quest Help I_voting_barNeed Quest Help I_vote_rcap 
Dustin Cropps
Need Quest Help I_vote_lcapNeed Quest Help I_voting_barNeed Quest Help I_vote_rcap 
Slevyas Grue
Sylvaton
Anne05
iwantname
swith
Selaroc
Paeth
awesomest2.0

Need Quest Help

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
awesomest2.0
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
awesomest2.0

Need Quest Help Empty
PostSubject: Need Quest Help   Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:42 pm

After you visit Greater Borphee for the quest The Baron and his Boy, where do you go next? I pressed the link for the Encyclopedia of Frobozzica, but it brought me to this place where it said 404 Not Found, so I don't know where to go, because if where you're supposed to go won't let you go there, what are you suppossed to do? I'm completely stuck, so any replies would be great. If you can help, I would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot, awesomest2.0
Back to top Go down
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Slevyas Grue

Need Quest Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Quest Help   Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:54 pm

Lord knows why, but head to Flathead Mountains next. I am missing something but for the life of me I cannot figure out why it is related to Encyclopedia Frobozzica, but got there by trial and error.

The rest of the location hints you'll receive in this quest are much more straightforward!

Have fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brandonio17
DietEvil
Florian Member
Florian Member
DietEvil

Need Quest Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Quest Help   Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:52 pm

Well, the link was supposed to take you to an out-of-game site which hosted the contents of the encyclopedia. I think the encyclopedia was included in one of the Zork games and some folks have since posted the contents up to the net. If you google the name of the encyclopedia, you can find other links that work and the entry for the Retreat tells you that it was in the Flathead Mountains. It seems the developers were lazy and decided to rely on a source not under their control and when that source went away, didn't correct the link.

I wasted a lot of AP on that step of the quest as well. But in a way, it was for the best as one of the steps in the quest requires you to go to a level 23 area and I was 22 at the time. So the exp gained before I thought to google the encyclopedia helped.
Back to top Go down
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Slevyas Grue

Need Quest Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Quest Help   Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 9:57 pm

Ah, mystery solved, thanks DietEvil!
Back to top Go down
awesomest2.0
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
awesomest2.0

Need Quest Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Quest Help   Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:27 pm

Thanks everyone for the help. Now I'm on part 5 and trying to find the place that means uif Svjot pg Qiffcps. Just started to look so I may or may not need help, not sure yet, so thanks Slevyas Grue and DietEvil.
Back to top Go down
Selaroc
Selaroc

Need Quest Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Quest Help   Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 10:35 pm

Here's a hint: the letters in that phrase stand for other letters. It's a cryptogram, so to speak..i.e. - a = x, etc. However, I'll put two spoilers here in case you get frustrated. Read the first one, and if that doesn't help, go with the second. That one should do it for you.

Hint #1:
Hint #2:
Back to top Go down
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Slevyas Grue

Need Quest Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Quest Help   Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 3:45 am

Whoa, cool! Howdja do that, Selaroc? rabbit
Back to top Go down
Selaroc
Selaroc

Need Quest Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Quest Help   Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 2:08 pm

(surrounded by []'s) SPOILER=insertnamehere, /SPOILER

write the stuff, and it'll automatically so it.

Like this:
Back to top Go down
awesomest2.0
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
awesomest2.0

Need Quest Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Quest Help   Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 3:21 pm

Thanks Selaroc! It's the Ruins of Pheebor, yet I ran out of Action Points exploring it. I'll have to wait till tomorrow. Hey, I also saw Spoiler under Others when writing a post, so that would be an easy way of making a spoiler for anyone who wants to know the cool trick.
Back to top Go down
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Slevyas Grue

Need Quest Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Quest Help   Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 4:26 pm

Very cool, thakns Selaroc! I like this forum more and more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
awesomest2.0
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
awesomest2.0

Need Quest Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Quest Help   Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 3:17 pm

Thanks everyone! I finished the level, only with all of your help Very Happy Can't wait till next quest!
Back to top Go down
swith
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
swith

Need Quest Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Quest Help   Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 5:11 pm

Not to spoil the next quest... But on a different toon than Swith I did the lvl25 quest and only received half of the reward. I've still yet to figure out why/how this is. Following threat pertains: http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?610204-Quick-Questions-About-Potions

Last response I got was--
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Slevyas Grue

Need Quest Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Quest Help   Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 5:27 pm

Swith for several of the quests you need to go back to the base where you picked the quest up. That, or the AP bonus will tick over at the next general 'reboot' or whatever when everyone's APs are refreshed.

Is that what you were wondering? I hope this helps. I can't remember what happened with Slevyas with this quest but seeing as how I didn't even know there was an AP bonus as well as the shirt, well I am pretty clueless as usual.
Back to top Go down
Selaroc
Selaroc

Need Quest Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Quest Help   Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 5:42 pm

I got both after going back to the origin of the quest. Make sure your quest log goes from "Quest Active" back to "Quest Inactive". I got the AP immediately after completing the quest..so not sure :/
Back to top Go down
awesomest2.0
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
awesomest2.0

Need Quest Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Quest Help   Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 11:24 am

Hi, everyone, it's me again feeling noobish as usual. If anyone is still watching this topic, now I need help with the level 30 quest. I've searched everywhere and leveled two times since I started the quest, and I still need the first location! Anyone who knows, please reply.
Back to top Go down
swith
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
swith

Need Quest Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Quest Help   Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 4:22 pm

Ugh the lvl30 quest, A Wizard and his Coco. I wasted a couple days of AP the first time I did this one. Smile

The general rule of thumb for this quest, and others, is to always goto the base after each step and always check your mailbox even if there isn't a new message notification.

But this first step doesn't really make any sense... Period.

Clue 1
Spoiler:

Research spot -- http://www.thezorklibrary.com/history/00-encyclopedia.html

Clue 2
Spoiler:

Clue 3
Spoiler:

WTF Solution
Spoiler:

The rest of the clues are much better. This first step really took about 90AP to get right the first time after much encyclopedia reading. Several of those 90 were used in places for zero exp.
Back to top Go down
awesomest2.0
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
awesomest2.0

Need Quest Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Quest Help   Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 9:17 am

Wow, thanks a lot. And now I know where the encyclopedia is because I had trouble finding it, as in the earlier posts. Now I'm trying to find out where the hotbugs are. I read about it and it says ''Hotbugs at DM's Lair'', and I don't know what DM stands for, but I'll keep searching everywhere anyways. Thanks for the help, though.
Back to top Go down
swith
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
swith

Need Quest Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Quest Help   Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 11:03 am

Someone has Hotbugs, as I recall the quest text says this. Smile
Back to top Go down
awesomest2.0
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
awesomest2.0

Need Quest Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Quest Help   Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 1:05 pm

Yeah, I've done so much now that I'm on the 10th part and probably the last location-searching part in the quest. But I couldn't have done it without my action point- giving potion I bought and my level 3 Gent sidekick(You may know that it gives a bonus to giving quest messages, and on another note I renamed my sidekick ''Mr. Old Guy'' just for fun,) so thanks for everything.
Back to top Go down
swith
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
swith

Need Quest Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Quest Help   Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 2:02 pm

Great Quest overall. But that first part is BS.
Back to top Go down
awesomest2.0
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
awesomest2.0

Need Quest Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Quest Help   Need Quest Help I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:18 am

Totally, and now I'm done with the quest and got that 300,000 zorkmid reward, bought a really good two-handed weapon, donated one of my pretty good weapons and traded in the other for another 200,000 zorkmids, so I came out doing good. Thanks for all the help, Swith.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need Quest Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Quest Help   Need Quest Help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need Quest Help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Florian Lights :: General Discussion :: Zork Help-
Jump to: