Florian Lights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florian Lights

Fight to conquer. Conquer to rule. Rule to excel. As rulers, we show respect to our enemy and do not mock them in battle. For to do so is to show the mark of a weakened man, and not a true ruler. -Tidurian

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Braggin Rights!
Sidekicks! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:47 pm by derfderf

» The Three Word game...
Sidekicks! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 am by Jet Mattix

» Should we or shouldn't we?
Sidekicks! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am by Anne05

» The Armoury has been reopened.
Sidekicks! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 pm by Mr. Multiple

» Happy Thanksgiving Everybody
Sidekicks! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 am by awesomest2.0

» Something sort of a Comment Box
Sidekicks! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 pm by awesomest2.0

» Ads Now!?!
Sidekicks! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 pm by awesomest2.0

» New Card? How to immediately Equip without wasting a point!
Sidekicks! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:02 pm by Ayistromia

» wii games FC
Sidekicks! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:38 pm by 44cheese

» wondering if my gear is good??
Sidekicks! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:43 pm by awesomest2.0

Top posters
Ayistromia
Sidekicks! I_vote_lcapSidekicks! I_voting_barSidekicks! I_vote_rcap 
Dustin Cropps
Slevyas Grue
Sylvaton
Anne05
iwantname
swith
Selaroc
Paeth
awesomest2.0

Sidekicks!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Slevyas Grue

Sidekicks! Empty
PostSubject: Sidekicks!   Sidekicks! I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 5:56 am

Just hit level 30 with Slevyas, and had the tough choice of deciding which sidekick to pick up.

It seems like from the LoZ Forums that Nabiz, Kid, Accountant, Windcat and Gent are popular choices. I probably should have taken one of them, but I took the Idiot.

I was also reading about how much some of the other sidekicks get nerfed, so I was thinking the Idiot would fly under the radar and he seems a pretty fun choice for exploration.

What have others chosen/what are you leaning towards?

For my one other alt, Nasty Knife, I'll pick someone different, just not sure which yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brandonio17
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

Sidekicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks!   Sidekicks! I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 8:40 am

I didn't know about the popular choices, but I was stuck between the Kid and the Accountant.

The kid offered some great boosts to my mechanical trap/puzzle ability, which I am NO good at. I've spent all my skill points in the body tab. The accountant looks after my bank account and let's it grow a little more every day.

I went with the kid, because the kid also gave me more AP's to use every day, increased my carry load, and raised my 3 day cap of 90APs up just a little.

If you didn't know, because I sure didn't... Your Sidekick levels up too! I started with maybe 2 extra AP's every day, now he's up to 5. All his stats have increased. Pretty awesome.

Now, my question is... Anyone have any idea what sidekick fanucci helps?
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/clan/clan?id=1727
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Sidekicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks!   Sidekicks! I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:23 am

Levels:

Sidekicks are available from lvl 30.

They level up at certain points of your character development, namely certain of your level-ups. These points will be the next three of your adventuring character's levels and from then on, the distance between two sidekick level-ups will rise by one level after every level-up.

For a sidekick taken on at your lvl 30, this is how they should progress:

Your lvl:-----30----31----32----34----37----41----46----52----59----67
Sidekick lvl:--1-----2-----3------4-----5-----6-----7-----8-----9----10

It is possible to name your sidekick using a potion costing 1 coconut.

The maximum level for a sidekick is capped at 10. (tell us if you know different)

Your sidekicks development won't be greatly postponed if you pick them at a later level. Your sidekick will still level at the same levels a right-away-chosen one would and will level up every level until they have caught up to the regular level.

"The Cabinet of Dr. Calamari", cost: 6 coconuts.

Description

Place your old sidekick in this cabinet which once belonged to the great magician Dr. Calamari, say the magic words, and see them transform into a completely different sidekick! (you get to choose) Warning: Single use only and all new Sidekicks start at level 1. Your sidekick's information will be stored, but they will suffer a -1 level penalty when you switch back and reactivate them.

Note: To switch back, you must purchase another potion.

Sidekicks DO NOT enter the Arena in Battle.

Fanucci Cards for your sidekick:

Apart from level development your sidekick can also grow stronger with the help of Double Fanucci cards. When picking a sidekick you will also unlock a sidekick-specific DF-Deck which works the same as the other four with one difference: while the fanuccification of Skills is constant as long as you don't change the cards, the fanuccification of sidekick skills vary from day to day between a minimum of a factor of 1.3 to a maximum of 3.2 (for a deck of 100 points). Most sidekick-skills benefit from this and as of now only Hit Points won't be. Which stats are and which not might change in the near future, though.

The Sidekicks:

The Accountant (Economy)

Sidekicks! Accountant

The Accountant won't actually come with you when you adventure, but she will take care of your interests back at your lair. She can negotiate for the bank to pay you interest on your loot, get a better price for your treasure and even arrange for regular discounts with traders.

The Engineer (Combat/TMP)

Sidekicks! Engineer

Smart and adaptable, the Engineer can fashion an improvised suit of armor from an old dustbin or make a flame thrower from a few pipes and some cooking oil. He doesn't have much interest in treasure and can't carry much, but excels at working out puzzles and defeating traps.

The Gent (Combat/TMP)

Sidekicks! Gent

Dr Watson to your Holmes, the Gent is honorable and brave. He's an all-rounder when it comes to carrying the loot and solving puzzles, and can hold his own in combat. He can even assist you when wounded. His age may count against him in a fight, but his balanced approach to adventuring more than makes up for a spot of rheumatism.

The Guttersnipe (Combat/Economy/Exploration)

Sidekicks! Guttersnipe

Cantankerous and evil, the Guttersnipe has a sharp beak which allows it to harass your opponents. Difficult to tame, the Guttersnipe has an eye for zorkmids and will find caches of loot in the darkest lair and scout ahead to find roads and paths. Low magic seems to like this strange bird so your spells will be more powerful. Having a Guttersnipe perched on your shoulder also seems to unnerve traders to some extent, making them more amenable to haggling.

The Idiot (Exploration/TMP/Economy)

Sidekicks! Idiot

Dumb luck personified. He'll stumble across zorkmids and treasure without even realising they're worth anything. In battle, the Idiot is as likely to fall into a ditch as lop the head off a troll, but he's very good at distracting your enemies. He can also carry quite a lot without complaining too much, somewhat like a donkey, and will find shortcuts where you'd least expect them.

The Kid (Exploration/TMP/Economy)

Sidekicks! Kid

The picture of innocence but crafty enough to confuse your enemies in battle. The Kid is able to fit into the most unlikely nooks and crannies in his search for more treasure for you. He can also help with difficult traps and puzzles by making use of small hands and the agility of a monkey. He can't carry very much but knows all the quickest routes.

The Mercenary (Combat)

Sidekicks! Mercenary

A heavy for hire, the Mercenary will cost you a percentage of your loot every day but he makes up for it by taking the brunt of attacks from your enemies. You'll find that you get hit a lot less with the Mercenary around. He can carry quite a large sack of zorkmids but isn't too smart and is of little help with searching for treasure or solving puzzles.

The Mob (Combat)

Sidekicks! Mob

You can inspire even the most docile of villagers to follow you into battle. Just a few well-chosen words and the Mob will form. Useless when it comes to solving puzzles or anything more subtle than running blindly at an enemy, your motley bunch of enraged peasants form a formidable wall of pitchforks and burning torches in battle, protecting you and terrifying your enemies. They might carry some loot for you, but don't expect to get it all back when you reach home.

The Nabiz (Combat/Economy)

Sidekicks! Nabiz

Practically impossible to tame, the Nabiz seems to mostly consist of large teeth. Possibly demonic in nature, they are unusually sensitive to High magic and can dramatically increase the effect of spells. They are experts at finding weak points and will throw themselves into battle. The Nabiz will induce fear in most normal citizens, which can be very useful when you need to bargain.

The Rogue (Combat/TMP)

Sidekicks! Rogue

Master of stealth and theft, the Rogue will relieve citizens of their zorkmids as you travel. He is fast enough to defend you against attack and can even get in a sly strike every now and then. He will carry a small sack of loot but may well take an illicit cut behind your back. Sly and quick-witted, the Rogue can also help you escape from a variety of tricky situations.

The Seductress (Economy/Combat)

Sidekicks! Seductress

Trained in the arts of diplomacy and a skilled entertainer, the Seductress will soothe and calm your enemies while you sneak up behind them and deliver a fatal blow. She won't carry anything and doesn't take much interest in searching for treasure, but she can bargain with traders to get excellent deals on weapons and other items.

The Windcat (Combat/Economy)

Sidekicks! Windcat

The Windcat is the fastest land animal in all the land. A ferocious defender of its master once tamed, the Windcat will relentlessly engage your enemies with unpredictable attacks. Although it is unable to carry any loot, the Windcat is a very lucky creature to have around, which should mean that you come across only the best treasure. Nobody has been able to explain the phenomenon, but spells using Middle magic tend to perform better when a Windcat is present.
Back to top Go down
swith
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
swith

Sidekicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks!   Sidekicks! I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 1:45 pm

Best info I've found, up to date and 'complete'.
http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?594340-Sidekick-Development-Discussion/page14
Back to top Go down
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Slevyas Grue

Sidekicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks!   Sidekicks! I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 3:48 am

Wow, so much helpful information! Thanks everyone!

Dustin - I think Fanuccification helps different things for different sidekicks, and not every bonus they supply. I remember reading the Accountant's interest rate is the one variable for her, and for the Kid and Idiot it is their AP bonus. Is that the sort of thing you were wondering? The thread I was reading very late last night had specifics, I can try and find and post a link if you like.
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

Sidekicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks!   Sidekicks! I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 8:47 pm

Slevyas Grue wrote:
Wow, so much helpful information! Thanks everyone!

Dustin - I think Fanuccification helps different things for different sidekicks, and not every bonus they supply. I remember reading the Accountant's interest rate is the one variable for her, and for the Kid and Idiot it is their AP bonus. Is that the sort of thing you were wondering? The thread I was reading very late last night had specifics, I can try and find and post a link if you like.

I realized that when I just logged in and saw I got 39 AP over night. pretty nice Smile
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/clan/clan?id=1727
Selaroc
Selaroc

Sidekicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks!   Sidekicks! I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:18 pm

sounds like the Kid or the Mob seems to be the popular ones, as far as I can tell..any insights into this?
Back to top Go down
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Slevyas Grue

Sidekicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks!   Sidekicks! I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 12:32 am

Hey Selaroc

Yep they're both very popular, although especially in the Mob's case they've both recently been nerfed. The Mob also takes quite a heavy hit of your zorkmids at higher levels, too - I think 50% at times!

One reason I chose The Idiot is he was kinda like the Kid but he seems to fly under the radar in terms of being nerfed. We'll see.

Overwhelmingly, though, the Nabiz and Windcat seem like favourites of most people, followed by The Kid and The Gent.

Here's a link with more discussion:

http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?590413-Sidekick-The-Kid/page15

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Slevyas Grue

Sidekicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks!   Sidekicks! I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 3:24 am

Here is an even better thread which has separate discussion threads linked for EACH sidekick. Quite enlightening! study

http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?594344-Sidekick-Development
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Sidekicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks!   Sidekicks! I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Hmm, They very nearly use the Fibonacci sequence for the way your side kicks level up. But I understand why they nerfed it at 5, from there it gets ridiculous hard to keep going, within a reasonable sequential timing...
You'd be level 108 when your sidekick hit level 10.

Is my inner geek showing?
Back to top Go down
Selaroc
Selaroc

Sidekicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks!   Sidekicks! I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 5:47 pm

Ayistromia wrote:
Is my inner geek showing?

Yes Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sidekicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks!   Sidekicks! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sidekicks!
Page 1 of 1