Florian Lights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florian Lights

Fight to conquer. Conquer to rule. Rule to excel. As rulers, we show respect to our enemy and do not mock them in battle. For to do so is to show the mark of a weakened man, and not a true ruler. -Tidurian

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Braggin Rights!
Rookie Memories I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:47 pm by derfderf

» The Three Word game...
Rookie Memories I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 am by Jet Mattix

» Should we or shouldn't we?
Rookie Memories I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am by Anne05

» The Armoury has been reopened.
Rookie Memories I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 pm by Mr. Multiple

» Happy Thanksgiving Everybody
Rookie Memories I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 am by awesomest2.0

» Something sort of a Comment Box
Rookie Memories I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 pm by awesomest2.0

» Ads Now!?!
Rookie Memories I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 pm by awesomest2.0

» New Card? How to immediately Equip without wasting a point!
Rookie Memories I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:02 pm by Ayistromia

» wii games FC
Rookie Memories I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:38 pm by 44cheese

» wondering if my gear is good??
Rookie Memories I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:43 pm by awesomest2.0

Top posters
Ayistromia
Rookie Memories I_vote_lcapRookie Memories I_voting_barRookie Memories I_vote_rcap 
Dustin Cropps
Rookie Memories I_vote_lcapRookie Memories I_voting_barRookie Memories I_vote_rcap 
Slevyas Grue
Sylvaton
Anne05
iwantname
swith
Selaroc
Paeth
awesomest2.0

Rookie Memories

Go down 
+2
Dustin Cropps
Paeth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Paeth
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
Paeth

Rookie Memories Empty
PostSubject: Rookie Memories   Rookie Memories I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:36 am

I'm curious to see who takes a bite at this topic one way or another. Think of it as "Bragging Rights" only a little reversed.

I'll explain: Have you, namely the more expereince Zork Players, ever made a mistake back when you started that you can laugh at now? That could work as a lesson, or an inspirational moment for us NOW rookies, so we don't take our mistakes to hard and get discouraged?

I'd not ask anyone to do what I won't do so though I am a rookie here's my Rookie Memory (I'm sure I'll laugh about this later)

THis morning at about 6:30ish I was working over my Battles. So far I was on a 190 straight win streak, building it up over the last few days, primarily people who were 4 levels higher then me had been my victims (Trophy hunting)
I had LITERALLY just hit 99.0%, so I just got hte trophy I was after, when I came across some random guy, that was 4 levels up. But had a slightly higher attack and deffense. beat me out by like... 80 points in AR. So after carefully aranging my gear so I could go into the fight with a garunteed 12% bonus I go after him. My Final percent was! 24%. So I lost. And along with my 1600 wager I lost all 12000 of my fame. Aparantly that charm doesn't protect you against losing a fight when your the agressor.

AND So moral of my story is Over confidence+higher level opponents+ small gap in AR DR = BIG trouble lol. Lesson learned Razz
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

Rookie Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Memories   Rookie Memories I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 8:10 am

Haha. Good one, Paeth. I've had that happen, myself, though I was no where near 99% battle ratio.

I suppose my stories would be that when I was level 2, I didn't quite understand adding skill points, and to this day, I still have ONE random skill point in the spirit category.... I now am full body... except that one damn point. I could respec, of course, but I haven't yet.

The only other story would be about HOW green I was when I obtained this Clan. I was level 17 (I think) and the old clan leader bailed and half the old members followed him. He left because of crap going on in his life, but he felt I was good enough to take the clan off his hands... I had to learn real quick all the basics and some of the more advanced parts of the game. Luckily, I ended up getting some serious helpful members to help me figure things out. I would say I'm pretty well seasoned at this point.
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/clan/clan?id=1727
swith
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
swith

Rookie Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Memories   Rookie Memories I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 2:35 pm

Subs. Period. I learned after my 2nd one appeared NOT to just charge in there. By my 4th or 5th I figured out you 'can' change their level. Wanting the no death at lvl6 I rerolled my main shortly after that 2nd sub.

All sorts of battle noobitry. But I think I'll save that for my OCD post. Smile
Back to top Go down
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Slevyas Grue

Rookie Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Memories   Rookie Memories I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:15 pm

LOL Dustin, I've been wondering about that lone spirit point and been meaning to ask you about it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brandonio17
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Rookie Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Memories   Rookie Memories I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:23 pm

Hmmm. My noobish past would include joining whatever clan would take me (some with good results like CoZ and FL, some not so good... Gaivan...) and responding to battle taunts, as if they were personal.

Also, I never knew you could buy Easter spells until one day I was looking at the Easter armor, drooling over those Masterwork Rabbit Foot Nunchucks, When I thought "mayber there's a cool spell like this" And taa daaa! I found them!
Back to top Go down
Selaroc
Selaroc

Rookie Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Memories   Rookie Memories I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:15 pm

I registered for Legends of Zork.

That's my "rookie" memory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rookie Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Memories   Rookie Memories I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rookie Memories
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Florian Lights :: General Discussion :: The Tavern-
Jump to: