Florian Lights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florian Lights

Fight to conquer. Conquer to rule. Rule to excel. As rulers, we show respect to our enemy and do not mock them in battle. For to do so is to show the mark of a weakened man, and not a true ruler. -Tidurian

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Braggin Rights!
Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:47 pm by derfderf

» The Three Word game...
Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 am by Jet Mattix

» Should we or shouldn't we?
Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am by Anne05

» The Armoury has been reopened.
Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 pm by Mr. Multiple

» Happy Thanksgiving Everybody
Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 am by awesomest2.0

» Something sort of a Comment Box
Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 pm by awesomest2.0

» Ads Now!?!
Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 pm by awesomest2.0

» New Card? How to immediately Equip without wasting a point!
Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:02 pm by Ayistromia

» wii games FC
Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:38 pm by 44cheese

» wondering if my gear is good??
Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:43 pm by awesomest2.0

Top posters
Ayistromia
Hello, Sailor! I_vote_lcapHello, Sailor! I_voting_barHello, Sailor! I_vote_rcap 
Dustin Cropps
Slevyas Grue
Sylvaton
Anne05
iwantname
swith
Selaroc
Paeth
awesomest2.0

Hello, Sailor!

Go down 
+11
Anne05
ajnla1
swith
Niela
ebontide
DietEvil
SmokeyGurl
Jet Mattix
Ayistromia
Selaroc
Dustin Cropps
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

Hello, Sailor! Empty
PostSubject: Hello, Sailor!   Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 6:52 pm

How is everybody?
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/clan/clan?id=1727
Selaroc
Selaroc

Hello, Sailor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, Sailor!   Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:20 am

Not too shabby!
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Hello, Sailor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, Sailor!   Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:18 pm

Just had my engine blow up on my car, and can't tell if it's just the timing or if it's a rod... Need someone with bigger tools than I have to come help me take the bastard apart, so, I'm just chilling in the AC while they get here with the air compressor and power tools... <3

While I do that, I'm Zorking out... So life is kind of peachy, kind of sucky at the same time. At least I haven't been bitten by a Grue today.
Back to top Go down
Jet Mattix
Florian Member
Florian Member
Jet Mattix

Hello, Sailor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, Sailor!   Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:35 pm

sober
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

Hello, Sailor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, Sailor!   Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:51 pm

Jet Mattix wrote:
sober
Fix that, would you?

haha
Back to top Go down
Jet Mattix
Florian Member
Florian Member
Jet Mattix

Hello, Sailor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, Sailor!   Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 6:59 am

Dustin Cropps wrote:
Jet Mattix wrote:
sober
Fix that, would you?

haha

aye aye cap'in. restocking the coffers and swigging the thinking juice.

guinness all around!
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

Hello, Sailor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, Sailor!   Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 1:56 pm

Jet Mattix wrote:
Dustin Cropps wrote:
Jet Mattix wrote:
sober
Fix that, would you?

haha

aye aye cap'in. restocking the coffers and swigging the thinking juice.

guinness all around!
You know I appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
SmokeyGurl
SmokeyGurl

Hello, Sailor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, Sailor!   Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 6:18 pm

Speaking of Sailors....any other Squid here besides me and Ebon?? Razz
What about the rest of the military branches?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://en.netlog.com/SmokeyDawn
DietEvil
Florian Member
Florian Member
DietEvil

Hello, Sailor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, Sailor!   Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:02 pm

Alright, I confess, I'm a... squid...
::cries::
It happened almost a year ago! I wandered into an office, they had me sign some papers, and next thing I knew, I was wearing a uniform and calling people 'shipmate'!
I need to find something to drink, I'm too sober for this tale.
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Hello, Sailor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, Sailor!   Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:16 pm

LOL! At least you're calling them shipmate, and not "seaman"
Back to top Go down
DietEvil
Florian Member
Florian Member
DietEvil

Hello, Sailor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, Sailor!   Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:18 pm

Oh, I sometimes call them that too. I do feel bad for some of my fellow sailors who's last names go with their rank a little too well.
Back to top Go down
ebontide
Magnanimous Benefactor
Magnanimous Benefactor

Hello, Sailor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, Sailor!   Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:46 pm

Maybe it was just before you entered service, but they were making a huge push to ban the term 'Shipmate,' because all the Chiefs and Officers used it as a demeaning term when correcting junior sailors. Now they're trying to replace it with 'Sea Warrior!'

Sadly, this seems to be the type of crap the bigwigs spend time addressing while other more life impacting problems are left unaddressed. Smile

I've never had a Seaman xxx that was too comical, but we did have a PO2 Lord, and some of our more devout friends onboard refused to call her by her last name.
Back to top Go down
SmokeyGurl
SmokeyGurl

Hello, Sailor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, Sailor!   Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 3:35 pm

DietEvil wrote:
Alright, I confess, I'm a... squid...
::cries::
It happened almost a year ago! I wandered into an office, they had me sign some papers, and next thing I knew, I was wearing a uniform and calling people 'shipmate'!
I need to find something to drink, I'm too sober for this tale.

And its people like YOU that made military life even bearable and the Navy as awesome as it is! *salutes all the squid* Luv your sense of humor! Razz
Back to top Go down
DietEvil
Florian Member
Florian Member
DietEvil

Hello, Sailor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, Sailor!   Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 9:52 pm

Hm, well, we do have a poor lass wandering called SN Carter. And another named Box. Eh, but after awhile the jokes do get old. And where I am, there's plenty of Air Force, Army, and Marines to keep reminding us of all of them.

And Smokey, most of us have to have a sense of humor. We agreed to go out into the middle of an ocean on a floating chunk of metal with enough flammable and explosive materials to destroy that chunk of metal a few times over with nowhere to run to get to safety... Alright, scratch that, it isn't a sense of humor that we have, it's a lack of common sense. Ah well, at least it gives us a good excuse to be alcoholics. After all, the best time to handle all those materials is when drunk, right? ... I better go practice my swimming.
Back to top Go down
Niela
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee

Hello, Sailor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, Sailor!   Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 10:01 pm

Sea warrior? *scritches* But what if I'm in the middle of the desert attached to the Marines? Am I then called Sand warrior? Ef Em Ef warrior? ;p I'm just being nitpicky. I'm a Corpsman, married to a Corpsman. The kid thinks shots are awesome! Rolling Eyes I wish.
Back to top Go down
SmokeyGurl
SmokeyGurl

Hello, Sailor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, Sailor!   Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 4:56 am

Niela wrote:
Sea warrior? *scritches* But what if I'm in the middle of the desert attached to the Marines? Am I then called Sand warrior? Ef Em Ef warrior? ;p I'm just being nitpicky. I'm a Corpsman, married to a Corpsman. The kid thinks shots are awesome! Rolling Eyes I wish.

Corpsman RULE!! Hoorah!! I was Corpsman/ORT ! Wink Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
swith
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
swith

Hello, Sailor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, Sailor!   Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:46 pm

Alrighty. Finally decided to a Clan at lvl19. To be honest what made me do it was I visited these forums. The struck a chord. I'm retired Navy. Though Brass, not Iron. Razz Hope one of my kind is allowed here.

Any 7th Fleet here?
Back to top Go down
ebontide
Magnanimous Benefactor
Magnanimous Benefactor

Hello, Sailor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, Sailor!   Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 6:27 pm

I'm 7th, both in San Diego, and South Korea. I'm working with DESRON 21 atm, was with CNFJ prior.
Back to top Go down
swith
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
swith

Hello, Sailor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, Sailor!   Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:50 am

Yokosuka... such fun. Was on a DDG in DESRON15, spent lots of time in Chinhae (well or near it realistically).
Back to top Go down
ebontide
Magnanimous Benefactor
Magnanimous Benefactor

Hello, Sailor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, Sailor!   Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 2:49 am

I was stationed in Chinhae for 2 years, NAVCOMDET Chinhae, the small satellite station for IT support. Was there 2006-2008. I did 4 years in Atsugi as well.
Back to top Go down
ajnla1
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee

Hello, Sailor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, Sailor!   Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 6:13 pm

Was Combat Engineer in the Army SP4. Just got home from Dtr's dance practice. Chilling in A/C while the 12' x 3' inflatable pool fills up
Back to top Go down
Anne05
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
Anne05

Hello, Sailor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, Sailor!   Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:16 pm

Combat Engineer? So you built booby traps and designed ambush funnels then?
Back to top Go down
ajnla1
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee

Hello, Sailor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, Sailor!   Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:48 pm

That and defused minefields, played with dozers and then went mech and played with AVLB and AVLM vehicles. MOST fun was playing with C4 and kicker charges...
Back to top Go down
Xeike
Florian Member
Florian Member
Xeike

Hello, Sailor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, Sailor!   Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:05 pm

Doing pretty good tonight. Smile

Still dealing with a sick puppy, but he's feeling a bit better and I got to spend some time sitting in the pasture sharing tea with my goats. Which, is always very relaxing. My mom came by today to share in the cheese I've been making and to discuss the details of my wedding later this year.

So, all in all it's been a good day. ^.^
Back to top Go down
ajnla1
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee

Hello, Sailor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, Sailor!   Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:50 pm

Congrats Xeike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello, Sailor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, Sailor!   Hello, Sailor! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello, Sailor!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Florian Lights :: General Discussion :: The Tavern-
Jump to: