Florian Lights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florian Lights

Fight to conquer. Conquer to rule. Rule to excel. As rulers, we show respect to our enemy and do not mock them in battle. For to do so is to show the mark of a weakened man, and not a true ruler. -Tidurian

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Braggin Rights!
Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:47 pm by derfderf

» The Three Word game...
Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 am by Jet Mattix

» Should we or shouldn't we?
Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am by Anne05

» The Armoury has been reopened.
Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 pm by Mr. Multiple

» Happy Thanksgiving Everybody
Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 am by awesomest2.0

» Something sort of a Comment Box
Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 pm by awesomest2.0

» Ads Now!?!
Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 pm by awesomest2.0

» New Card? How to immediately Equip without wasting a point!
Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:02 pm by Ayistromia

» wii games FC
Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:38 pm by 44cheese

» wondering if my gear is good??
Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:43 pm by awesomest2.0

Top posters
Ayistromia
Enemy Infiltrators I_vote_lcapEnemy Infiltrators I_voting_barEnemy Infiltrators I_vote_rcap 
Dustin Cropps
Enemy Infiltrators I_vote_lcapEnemy Infiltrators I_voting_barEnemy Infiltrators I_vote_rcap 
Slevyas Grue
Sylvaton
Anne05
iwantname
swith
Selaroc
Paeth
awesomest2.0

Enemy Infiltrators

Go down 
+7
adrenalynn
Paeth
nerb
derfderf
DietEvil
Ayistromia
Dustin Cropps
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

Enemy Infiltrators Empty
PostSubject: Enemy Infiltrators   Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:30 pm

Ok, seriously? I can't even believe this happened. Someone from the Guard (assumably) just tried to join our clan. He writes
Quote :
"May I join this clan? These qualities drew me to you: Respect. Honor. Dedication."

Hm... that sound well and good, but where have I heard this before??

Oh, right...

Quote :
(--Not an invite--)
Shendo,

Respect. Honor. Dedication. Those three words describe my clan to the letter. My members invite people daily, not because they WANT to expand quickly, but because they honestly believe in our clan. They enjoy the experience and they are excited to share it with someone else.

I wish you the best of luck, Shendo. See you at the top!

-Dustin Cropps.

Who did he think he was fooling? If anyone see's any invite request looking so fishy, PLEASE just decline them. I'm going to go on a deleting spree if this keeps up. I'd rather have inactives and complete morons than enemy infiltrators. The name of the person was Derfderf. I think i'll be keeping tabs.

Last edited by Dustin Cropps on Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/clan/clan?id=1727
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

Enemy Infiltrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Infiltrators   Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:32 pm

PS, if the invite was from someone alt, just let me know and rerequest... Wise-ass. lol. Still have a feeling this was Shendo.
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Enemy Infiltrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Infiltrators   Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:58 pm

It's a common practice to have spies in enemy guilds, although WHY I'm not entirely sure. I have characters in just about every top 10 guild, some of them are benign spies (for the most part) just keeping an eye on things, seeing how they work, and trying to absorb as much of their knowledges as possible.... But for the most part, I can tell you no matter who the leaders are, who's running the guild, who their battle hounds are, who the war leaders are (yes, some people actually get to decide who the clan decides to pick on) and so forth.

Perhaps Shendo wants to try and raid our armory (HAH!) or read our forums (HAHAHA!) to see who's REALLY in charge here... And then sit there ans scratch his head when you're one and the same...

Last edited by Ayistromia on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DietEvil
Florian Member
Florian Member
DietEvil

Enemy Infiltrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Infiltrators   Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 2:35 pm

Eesh. I feel bad. I saw a request from him on the clan page this morning and tossed an invite to him. I sent the invite before I read the forums. Sorry about that Dustin. That's my fault.
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Enemy Infiltrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Infiltrators   Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 2:44 pm

So someone remove him?
Back to top Go down
DietEvil
Florian Member
Florian Member
DietEvil

Enemy Infiltrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Infiltrators   Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 2:50 pm

I don't see him listed as having joined. I'm guessing that Dustin must have caught it already and dealt with it. I saw the request and sent an invite about 4 hours ago. So an hour and a half to 2 hours prior to this thread.
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Enemy Infiltrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Infiltrators   Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 3:00 pm

SPEAKING of Enemy infiltrators... BGL has been copying some of my posts... not the ones I swiped from JOLT forums, but some of my other posts, such as "Braggin Rights" and "How to...."
Not that I mind all that much, I just think it's funny that I'm famous enough to copy.
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

Enemy Infiltrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Infiltrators   Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 6:58 pm

So we have a BGL spy on our forums?

Last edited by Dustin Cropps on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

Enemy Infiltrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Infiltrators   Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 6:59 pm

and dietevil, He sent a invite request. I denied it.
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Enemy Infiltrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Infiltrators   Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 7:10 pm

yeah. Someone here is from BGL, I'm almost certain. A few of my threads got jacked almost word for word (and some paragraphs ARE word for word)....

But hey, that makes me famous right? Besides, I have jacked stuff from JOLT that was written by Ember or whoever had the topic I wanted our newbies to know and not have to search all over Zorkdom for...
Back to top Go down
derfderf
Florian Member
Florian Member
derfderf

Enemy Infiltrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Infiltrators   Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 7:58 pm

This is derfderf.
I am a very new player to Legends of Zork.
I have been browsing the clan lists for a few days looking for a clan to join and florian lights looked and sounded great.
I am not sure what I have done to make you think I am anything other than who I say I am.
Back to top Go down
derfderf
Florian Member
Florian Member
derfderf

Enemy Infiltrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Infiltrators   Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 8:00 pm

Oh yes. I copied and pasted the exact words from the clan description because that is what I liked.
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Enemy Infiltrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Infiltrators   Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 8:10 pm

Derfderf, the following is our public clan description, of which only ONE single word matches the invite request you sent to our dearly beloved leader (Following on the tail of a discussion with a leader of a clan that has been harassing our members for months) ....

"Fight to conquer. Conquer to rule. Rule to excel. As rulers, we show respect to our enemy and do not mock them in battle. For to do so is to show the mark of a weakened man, and not a true ruler. -Tidurian"

If you are indeed who you say you are, then accept this as us being paranoid that someone has been trying to undermine our clan. But you'll understand if your invite is extremely suspicious considering the timing, the wording, and circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

Enemy Infiltrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Infiltrators   Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 8:18 pm

Derfderf, I have never used those words together in a string like that except in my response to to Shendo. You did not see them from us. This I promise. However, Welcome to the Florian Lights. You will be treated well here.
Back to top Go down
derfderf
Florian Member
Florian Member
derfderf

Enemy Infiltrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Infiltrators   Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 9:14 pm

Thanks Dustin.
As you know I copied those exact words from your paragraph, I pretty sure they were attributed to you as well.
I have been retracing my steps (last night my time) and trying to find where I saw your words. Since I cannot find them then on this site I now suspect that I may have found them while browsing public material on another clans site last night (my time). I have not re-found them as yet but when I do I will post it here.
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

Enemy Infiltrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Infiltrators   Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 9:26 pm

I do appreciate your understanding in our suspicion. I apologize for how this must make an innocent party feel. The timing was impeccable. I had JUST sent an email to another clan leader who had wrote me asking how we were progressing so quickly. I had responded with those 3 words. I did post it here on this forum site, but i posted it before you spoke the words and before you were signed up to our forum. That particular forum was hidden to guests. Maybe It was posted by that clan.

Either way... welcome to the clan.

Once again, we apologize for the whole spy business... it's just my person belief that spies, especially in Zork, are cowards. I mean, here in Zork, clans have almost no purpose but just to have fun... and what do these other cans think they can do? Steal our fun? lol.
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Enemy Infiltrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Infiltrators   Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:32 am

Dunno if this warrants an entire Topic, so I'll just post it here. CoZ has changed leadership from Gomer Sting to Nerb.

You guys might know nerb from the forums, he's been most active in the war against BGL. He's also been the clan's right hand man, battle leader, armory supplier, and all around Guru. I've always liked him, and find he's fun to talk to, if a bit hot-headed.

SO. There's all the news that is news across the Legends of Zork. Change in leadership effective immediately, Gomer has already stepped down due to "Real Life" getting in the way. The following is a post of his resignation.

Because the game does not allow me to assign rights to Nerb to edit ranks, and because he is doing the most work for the clan at the moment, I am stepping down from the Clan Leader position for the time being.
Also, I've been working more hours and The Real World has been creeping up on me, so I haven't been able to give The Clan the needed attention lately.
So, by the power invested in my, I hereby anoint Nerb the new leader of The Clan of Zork! Please congratulate him as he has earned the title with decades worth of support for the Clan and the Game.

I'll be flipping the switch momentarily and going 'in The Bunker' (rank change) once Nerb realizes what just happened and reassigns my rank.

It's been an honor to serve as your leader, and don't worry I'll still be around if you need me.

Executive Button Pusher,
Gomer Sting
Back to top Go down
nerb
Florian Member
Florian Member
nerb

Enemy Infiltrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Infiltrators   Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:42 pm

Dustin Cropps wrote:
So we have a BGL spy on our forums?

I'm sure you have quite a few actually and many more in the clan.

The concept of spies and infiltrators, arena mules and item thieves ONLY began when the "gamestop" promotion hit the G.U.E.

It was a race to get members to climb the rankings ladder, fill those new and empty armories and brag about a high battle ratio. Things have never and will never be the same and espionage is now part of the game.

I am NOT a spy. lol! It would be hard for me to pull any kind of stunt and still have credibility around LoZ.

If you ever have to face the task of house cleaning and need to find the dross so you can boot them out, then let me know, I've been there, done that, and can offer advice on what to look for.

One important thing is to make sure your members keep their fanucci gambits at maximum. Anyone who doesn't is either a dormant player and will get bashed without ever retaliating, a spy who doesn't care about your clan stats or an arena mule who doesn't want to be strong in fights.

I'm sure we still have some spies in our clan, but they keep their heads down now because they know I am the clan's "Grand Executioner" aswell as the leader...he he

ayistromia wrote:
You guys might know nerb from the forums..................... I've always liked him, and find he's fun to talk to, if a bit hot-headed.

War can do that to a person. I also get hot-headed with jolt staff who act like they don't give a damn.

nerb
Back to top Go down
Paeth
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
Paeth

Enemy Infiltrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Infiltrators   Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 4:55 am

Hey guys, Sorry for not posting in a while. I've been out of the forum for a few weeks or so, and see that I missed some pretty interesting things, It may not be important anymore, but I may be able to answer the statement that Ayistromia made about not knowing why about the spy thing.

First, let me point out that my life has changed a bit so I don't approve of these practices anymore, and agree with Dustin that Spying in general can be a very cowardly thing, when an honest open conflict makes much more sense, especially in a simple game set up like Zork.

However, I used to play a game called ragnarok. It's another mmorpg, for those who don't know. Anyway when the servers went public, so that anyone with the money could basically purchase, alter the game code, and release their own version, High rate serves came out where the exp and money and item drop rates were increased to easily thousands of times over their normal rates. High level characters were a dime a dozen, more over with special times you were able to get server exclusive 'uber' items. So in game clans/guilds became more of a mercenary set up. Guilds were paying people to be members and fight their battles, because defending your guild base had become a defaulted 'spam the skill and it's okay' thing. Sklled players were hard to find, so serious players who wanted to fight against these over powered guilds needed to step it up. So I put my head together with a partner and came up with a three step plan. By creating an alternate account with multiple characters of specific builds that were high demand we could infiltrate the target clan/guild. After a few months of skill displays, promotions were easy to get, Those promotions WOULD give us the opertunity to clear out their guild storage with plausible deniability, learn their defensive lay out and weak points, as well as very carefully turn the shaky mercenary build upside down on it's head. There was no trust to begin with, whoever paid best got the best equiped people. And if caught, it was a throw away account that wouldn't cost us to much time to lose and remake a new one.

Now alot of that can't apply to zork because of how it's all set up. BUT my mind looks at it like this. If there were a clan that I felt was a threat to my power base, (If taking the game overly serious) I'd try to insert a player. Both to monitor, but also pick out the specific people in the clan that were low state, both at a high level and at low level. Then at a specific time where 'war' could be declared my hard core members who've been gearing up for the event would have marked targets, thus pummeling the stats on the board. Though with Zork, that effectivness, short of demoralizing new members would only go so far. *shrugs* So short of keeping tabs I can't see too much use in it, unless said infiltrator was part of a vindictive group and they just had a bone to pick. BUt well that's how my mind works it into a sensible thought process, sorry for the length lol Guess I'm trying to get all my time away out in one go Razz
Back to top Go down
adrenalynn
Florian Member
Florian Member

Enemy Infiltrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Infiltrators   Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 6:50 am

I know spying from other mmo's and I gotta admit from time to time I kinda enjoyed the concept. Makes me think of a time back in Everquest, when tactics were some of the best kept secrets and Information Dealers actually got hot on the whole spy thing. Gave the whole game an additional layer.

Regarding LoZ I gotta agree with Paeth though... don't really see any sense apart from "keepin tabs".
Back to top Go down
quiltgirl
Florian Adept
Florian Adept

Location : Kickin' back on a lounge chair with some Firefly Mint Tea on sunny White Cliffs Beach in my Yeti parka and Yipple fur mukluks

Enemy Infiltrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Infiltrators   Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 4:01 am

OK This is just wrong. EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER on my alt account that just joined Florian Lights received this email.

starman3 invites you to P!

Their message:

I would like to invite you to join the Pirates , we can offer 3 times the weapons and armor of this clan

These guys must watch our clan news spot and try to snake all the new members.

This was my reply:

quote - "... we can offer 3 times the weapons and armor of this clan"
But apparently none of the class, wit, humor or honor. No thanks; I think I will stay with the clan whose stated policy rejects trying to steal members from other clans - and gives enough help and advice that I can EARN my own weapons and armor.

Still, I would love to see "starman" get his butt handed to him. Repeatedly. Hmm ... how long do ya think it will take me to get to 40?

Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

Enemy Infiltrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Infiltrators   Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:33 pm

quiltgirl... you are my hero. lol. Very classy and very TRUE response. With stuff like this going on, I think I may have to take the leash off Mia and let her shoot her mouth a little bit. haha.
Back to top Go down
nerb
Florian Member
Florian Member
nerb

Enemy Infiltrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Infiltrators   Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:41 pm

If things get a bit much and the invites don't stop you can always send a ticket to support and quote this part of the T&C:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conduct of Registered Users and Visitors

4. You will not make excessive challenges or invitations to other users;
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Staff at Jolt would be obliged to uphold their own rules and it should get a few of those more troublesome invite pencils snapped :-)

nerb
Back to top Go down
quiltgirl
Florian Adept
Florian Adept

Location : Kickin' back on a lounge chair with some Firefly Mint Tea on sunny White Cliffs Beach in my Yeti parka and Yipple fur mukluks

Enemy Infiltrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Infiltrators   Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:19 am

I guess being in the top ten makes a target of us. I got a "friend" request from a guild leader that makes no bones about the fact he is targeting Florian Lights battle ratio. I'm fairly sure I kicked his ass on battleground recently and it had to have been from the suggested list because he's only 3 levels higher than me.

CoZAssassin - leader of TG-ESP

This is the text of the so-called friend request AND on his profile:

CoZAssassin is lowering Florian Lights battle win % Currently: 78.7433% After: 78.7013 -- Wow, 120+ people beat FL in the day! Heh heh heh Smile

OK I KNOW I beat him up 'cuz I just went back and did it again. Heh heh heh Smile
Back to top Go down
Captian Jim
Florian Adept
Florian Adept
Captian Jim

Enemy Infiltrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Infiltrators   Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:04 am

That gentleman is Shendos alt or brothers character. he doesn't want us to go after the gaurd, so setting up a dummy clan.

quiltgirl wrote:
I guess being in the top ten makes a target of us. I got a "friend" request from a guild leader that makes no bones about the fact he is targeting Florian Lights battle ratio. I'm fairly sure I kicked his ass on battleground recently and it had to have been from the suggested list because he's only 3 levels higher than me.

CoZAssassin - leader of TG-ESP

This is the text of the so-called friend request AND on his profile:

CoZAssassin is lowering Florian Lights battle win % Currently: 78.7433% After: 78.7013 -- Wow, 120+ people beat FL in the day! Heh heh heh Smile

OK I KNOW I beat him up 'cuz I just went back and did it again. Heh heh heh Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Enemy Infiltrators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy Infiltrators   Enemy Infiltrators I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enemy Infiltrators
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Florian Lights :: Clan Hall :: Clan Related Discussion-
Jump to: