Florian Lights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florian Lights

Fight to conquer. Conquer to rule. Rule to excel. As rulers, we show respect to our enemy and do not mock them in battle. For to do so is to show the mark of a weakened man, and not a true ruler. -Tidurian

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Braggin Rights!
World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:47 pm by derfderf

» The Three Word game...
World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 am by Jet Mattix

» Should we or shouldn't we?
World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am by Anne05

» The Armoury has been reopened.
World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 pm by Mr. Multiple

» Happy Thanksgiving Everybody
World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 am by awesomest2.0

» Something sort of a Comment Box
World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 pm by awesomest2.0

» Ads Now!?!
World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 pm by awesomest2.0

» New Card? How to immediately Equip without wasting a point!
World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:02 pm by Ayistromia

» wii games FC
World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:38 pm by 44cheese

» wondering if my gear is good??
World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:43 pm by awesomest2.0

Top posters
Ayistromia
World of Warcraft I_vote_lcapWorld of Warcraft I_voting_barWorld of Warcraft I_vote_rcap 
Dustin Cropps
World of Warcraft I_vote_lcapWorld of Warcraft I_voting_barWorld of Warcraft I_vote_rcap 
Slevyas Grue
Sylvaton
Anne05
iwantname
swith
Selaroc
Paeth
awesomest2.0

World of Warcraft

Go down 
+7
ebontide
swith
adrenalynn
Mad God
Ayistromia
Slevyas Grue
Dustin Cropps
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: World of Warcraft   World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:46 am

I haven't played in over a year... BUT I need to brush off the ol' chainmail and get back in the saddle for thew expansion coming out. Anyone else play and willing to roll a new character? It would be cool to make a Florian Lights chapter on the WoW servers. lol. Let's geta group together to agree on a Realm and faction... I for one, say Alliance (Though I am VERY Horde at heart) because I enjoy the mass amount of challenge in battlegrounds. Though, Maybe Horde, because I am DEF making a Goblin. F those stupid furries the alliance are getting.
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/clan/clan?id=1727
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:49 am

I have good reliable friends on Tichondrius. Alliance.
Back to top Go down
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Slevyas Grue

World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:52 am

Oh, I'm sorely tempted............

Only if Horde, however Very Happy

I know I could never roll Alliance!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brandonio17
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:26 am

You be surprised, Slevyas. I played as Horde since beta (well, honestly, since Warcraft II) and only recently (last 2 years) decided to roll Alliance. It's a fun alternative. The cities are beautiful and a HELL of a lot easier to navigate than Orgrimmar or Undercity. lol. Horde has organizational issues.

We could always do a carebear server so we can have both factions, same server... but I'd rather play as one of those gay furry bastards or, heaven forbid, a night elf, than play a carebear server.

Either way, If I'm Horde, I'm Blood Elf (POSSIBLY an Orc) or if I'm Alliance, I'm a dwarf. Most likely Hunters. God, I love hunters. Even though they get nerfed in almost every update.
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:06 am

I prefer Horde, but I do have an alliance set of toons. They're on Gnomeregan, which is a carebear server, and DON'T look at me like that. My friend who lives in Seattle paid for a char consolidation/server switch for all my alliance toons so he could talk to me more in WoW. So I said ok, cause I don't play alliance much anyways.
When Horde, I roll Belf or Undead, since I prefer caster classes. Although, Droods are fun to play too and I can rock that in BG.

If we roll Horde, I can get us a great start in Magtheridon, which is a PvP server, and also one of the strangest economies I've ever seen. You can bank some serious gold with gather skills and cloth. And oddly enough, Stoppable Objects and Movable Forces. They're grey items, completely worthless but people want them so meh.
Back to top Go down
Mad God
Florian Adept
Florian Adept
Mad God

World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:26 am

I can't get back onto my old account.. Apparently I need a six-digit code and some sort of other code. So I have to start over I think T.T I want my favourite name back though..
Back to top Go down
adrenalynn
Florian Member
Florian Member

World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:39 am

Uhm... that basically means it got compromised. I'd look up their support hotline and give em a ring. They should be able to fix it.
Back to top Go down
Mad God
Florian Adept
Florian Adept
Mad God

World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:53 am

Ah, okay. Thank you.
*Is all excited now.* Ugh, I have to finish work first though. > < Just over 6 hours to go..
Back to top Go down
swith
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
swith

World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 12:51 pm

Soooo Very Much To Say On This...

TLDR Version
Quote :
As a long standing WoW addict I highly suggest SCII (27JUL10) for a nice social thing FL could do together. I suggest against trying to do team building in WoW.

I play WoW. I love WoW. I am addicted to WoW and have been for 5yrs or so now. I most likely play a very different WoW than many of you have in the past. I'm the GM of an endgame raiding guild. We spent ~16hrs a week raiding. I've been doing the GM thing for 4+ yrs, 2yrs on my current server with a large batch of people coming here to rebuild the previous guild.

Wrath of the Litch King (WoTLK) has a great expansion, made raiding much more accessible to the general population. Which also means while the game is fun, hitting 80 is a whole new game and this late into it you'll be challenged to see much of it. There are many different ways to play WoW. I highly doubt many of us would connect and want to play the same way, let alone have similar time to play. The leveling system is much faster than it used to be. It is very easy to outpace someone who has less time than you do.

Guilds are often a group of friends or 'co-workers' and they play rather casually. That sort of paradigm would work out just fine. Like LoZ we'd all be doing our own thing and the MMO aspect would be hit or miss as a group. I personally don't play very casually. Not that my guild is 'hardcore' but we were formed and are ran for a specific purpose to "acquire Morbidly Obese Loots". Shameless self-promotion Me, My Guild.

SCII is soon to release, 27July20010, and is much more amiable to differing levels of interest and friendly competition/cooperation. Maybe I take my hobby too seriously. Perhaps it's just the way that I like to play WoW. WoW is a great and very affordable time sink, fun too. But at this point I no longer recommend it to anyone who isn't already addicted to the end game of some other MMO.
Back to top Go down
ebontide
Magnanimous Benefactor
Magnanimous Benefactor

World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 1:36 pm

I play horde on Akama (PVP) and Alliance on Sargeras (PVP). I play somewhat for doing the raids, mostly to murder other players. I have a small group of friends that roll with me pretty constantly from RL or game.

Main

Current Project :p

If anyone wants to get back into the game, or needs friends/support, I'm willing to help in all fields. Most of my guys are already 80, but I can help with gold, instances, and gear to make the catch-up process as easy as possible regardless of if you intend to stick around or not. I'm not as dedicated as our buddy Swith above as far as raiding and content exploration goes, but I do have a lot of PvP and arena experience.

From my experience, the early years of WoW showed horde had the more mature, skilled players leading the PvP/Raid scene. Most of the kiddies saw this, went horde, and now all the better players are migrating to Alliance. I play both, and aside from asthetics, I much prefer my time on the Ally side.

Feel free to add me to msn or AIM, ebontide@gmail.com and scarystuff2711 respectively if you want a hand.
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 1:45 pm

Let this be said now... I have ONE level 80 and about 40,000 level 15-40's. I am NOT addicted to WoW. I DO NOT take wow seriously. If we did play, it would literally be for shits and giggles. People yell at each other while playing WoW and I laugh. It's still a video game. It's all in fun. I just enjoy playing video games. I REALLY like Warcraft from back in the day (WCII was my all time favorite). If I can play with friends, even better.

At one point, I considered myself pretty decent at warcraft... now people do armor and weapon checks before they'll even play with you. -_-. This is why I HATE HATE HATE multiplayer gaming. It turned some nerds in to what I like to call "Nerdjocks". We all know them and hopefully we all hate them. They are the nerds who never got to be a jock, so they get all badass in to a video game and start jocking it up where they get respect online.

Ok, enough ranting. Mia, I think that server might be a good realm. I can't start yet, as 2 babies and only just getting back in to the job market leaves with with little time and money. But soon.... yes, soon.
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 1:56 pm

Which Server? Mag? We'd have to be Horde for me to be able to help at all with a higher level toon. Although I could just roll a Zompriest and go discipline/holy and heal your little selves while I drain XP. As a fully disc-specced priest I can out-heal most people, and still have mana left over to bubble and fade if I draw aggro.
Back to top Go down
ebontide
Magnanimous Benefactor
Magnanimous Benefactor

World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:19 pm

I'd love to play with you guys but I can't see myself splitting from my pals. Where ever you all end up, I hope you can enjoy it. PvP servers are fun when you get to roll in a small army and take out guys a few levels above you, but honestly the world pvp game is slowly dying off. If you're just in it to be casual and enjoy yourselves, you'd be able to get just as much fight (thanks to the recently added random Battleground system) and much more ability to walk away while playing if you went non-pvp.

Just a note to save potential frustration. I hope the best for all of you, and you're still welcome to visit. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:25 pm

lol, thanks ebon.

As far as world PvP goes... I still get my ass kicked every time I roll through most contested territories. Maybe it's just my server. Either way, I play for the gameplay, not the PvP. I just like that it's more difficult to play a PvP server.

Ah well, wouldn't be exactly soon, or you all could start without me. I just thought of it this morning and thought it would be fun. I could help with a high level character if we played Allys on Tich. I have a 80 Hunter and my bro is a 80 DK, Tree Druid, and my other buddy is a 80 Warrior.
Back to top Go down
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Slevyas Grue

World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:45 pm

I'd love to play again, but if I did I'd want to be raiding for endgame content. And when I wasn't doing that, I'd be wanting to hit the battlegrounds to kill time (pun intended).

Unfortunately I'm way down here in a different timezone, as when I left the States and my east coast guild, I never could sync up with them again for raids or really anything. So my character's in deep freeze and I should probably look for an Oceanic server to migrate to and find a guild that was addicted as I was.

I hear ya, Dustin, on how cool things are on the Alliance side. Much as it would pain me to leave behind the Horde, it's all about the people so that's what makes it all worthwhile.

One of the things I miss most is my engineering trinket that allowed teleportation between cities. It would sometimes malfunction and I'd appear in the destination as a tauren instead of undead. Then I'd immediately hit the battlegrounds and as I was a rogue, it caused so many great reactions on both sides when they'd encounter a tauren rogue
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ebontide
Magnanimous Benefactor
Magnanimous Benefactor

World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:06 pm

Then you'd love wormhole generators...they function the same in Northrend (new landmass) but you appear sometimes thousands of feet above where you wanted to be.

Unless you've also made the parachute for your cloak, its a rather quick trip to the nearest graveyard.
Back to top Go down
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Slevyas Grue

World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:28 pm

Yep, Ebon, I remember that happening to me once or twice with an earlier iteration of the teleporter. It never seemed to happen to me in Outland with the teleporter for there at least, just funny character modifications!
Back to top Go down
phantomcasper
Florian Member
Florian Member
phantomcasper

World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:06 pm

lol i haven't played WOW in two years. I never payed for it to play online. i usually played on a private server. im more int guild wars now
Back to top Go down
Mad God
Florian Adept
Florian Adept
Mad God

World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:56 pm

I just prefer to be on my own... mainly because I suck and I have a strong dislike of other people watching me. > >;
Back to top Go down
Selaroc
Selaroc

World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:32 pm

I played wow for a while..managed to get my engineer maxed out before WotLK, then promptly quit due to the ridiculousness of the game. I miss the vanilla WoW, before the expansions..especially miss the Original Naxx Sad The 'new' version just is silly.
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:50 pm

I miss Ilidan. He's the sexiest mob ever to have been created by WoW. I used to get so happy going on an Illy kill run.... <3
Back to top Go down
Selaroc
Selaroc

World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 1:58 pm

My favorite zone (post expansion) was actually Karazhan - it was nicely put together, and the boss fights were a lot of fun. My all-time favorite zone was the 40man zones - Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, and (the old) Naxxaramus. I have fond memories of farming MC - especially getting to Baron Geddon and trying to blow each other up on purpose Very Happy

Ah, the good times. Unfortunately, I never got a chance to try AQ40 Sad
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 2:39 pm

HAHAHA! We used to pick on a guy in my guild called Lifebane during Baron fights. we actually got DPS for blowing him up. He was always such a douchebag. Plus he had a hate for dwarves, and at the time I was playing a dwarf priest, the guild leader was a dwarf warrior, and most of our guild played other dwarf classes because of the extra stamina option. This was also back in the day when only dwarfs had "Fear Ward" so I got to go on MC runs and start getting DPS at level 55 because I was the only dwarf priest.

Good Times.
Back to top Go down
Mad God
Florian Adept
Florian Adept
Mad God

World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 2:10 pm

The WoW people are so nice. ^ ^ Withing a single day, they thoroughly investigated my account and took off the Authentication Code, because I wasn't active when it was put up.

I was so happy I ran to find any free trial things to give to people.. because if they purchase the game, I would get a free month or something right? > >

Unfortunately I don't know anyone really, and I don't think I can put up ads for the free trials. Kijiji already told me so xDD
Back to top Go down
Selaroc
Selaroc

World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:01 pm

Fear Ward was awesome pre-nerf. I remember rerolling to make a dwarf priest simply for that reason. "Fear Ward Up!" "Ward Down." hahah.

And as far as my previous statement goes, I actually have to amend that - I *loved* Zul'Gurub when it came out, for unknown reasons. I just simply loved the boss fights, especially the raptor boss (Ding!) good times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Warcraft   World of Warcraft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World of Warcraft
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next