Florian Lights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florian Lights

Fight to conquer. Conquer to rule. Rule to excel. As rulers, we show respect to our enemy and do not mock them in battle. For to do so is to show the mark of a weakened man, and not a true ruler. -Tidurian

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Braggin Rights!
Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:47 pm by derfderf

» The Three Word game...
Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 am by Jet Mattix

» Should we or shouldn't we?
Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am by Anne05

» The Armoury has been reopened.
Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 pm by Mr. Multiple

» Happy Thanksgiving Everybody
Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 am by awesomest2.0

» Something sort of a Comment Box
Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 pm by awesomest2.0

» Ads Now!?!
Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 pm by awesomest2.0

» New Card? How to immediately Equip without wasting a point!
Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:02 pm by Ayistromia

» wii games FC
Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:38 pm by 44cheese

» wondering if my gear is good??
Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:43 pm by awesomest2.0

Top posters
Ayistromia
Superheroes and non-web comics I_vote_lcapSuperheroes and non-web comics I_voting_barSuperheroes and non-web comics I_vote_rcap 
Dustin Cropps
Superheroes and non-web comics I_vote_lcapSuperheroes and non-web comics I_voting_barSuperheroes and non-web comics I_vote_rcap 
Slevyas Grue
Sylvaton
Anne05
iwantname
swith
Selaroc
Paeth
awesomest2.0

Superheroes and non-web comics

Go down 
+7
Sylvaton
Ayistromia
Borris Gizzard
Paeth
Crayne
Anne05
Dustin Cropps
11 posters

I know there are lots of great comic brands out there, but if we HAD to choose ONE of the mainstream companies, who would you choose?
DC
Superheroes and non-web comics I_vote_lcap9%Superheroes and non-web comics I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Marvel Comics
Superheroes and non-web comics I_vote_lcap73%Superheroes and non-web comics I_vote_rcap
 73% [ 8 ]
Dark Horse
Superheroes and non-web comics I_vote_lcap18%Superheroes and non-web comics I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

Superheroes and non-web comics Empty
PostSubject: Superheroes and non-web comics   Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 10:02 am

I am DEFINITELY a DC guy, so Justice League and everyone in it is among my favorites... but surprisingly, some of my favorite heroes are actually Marvel.

Iron Man, Cap... I love those guys.

If I had to pick a favorite, hands down, would have to be the bat. Batman will always be the greatest hero of all time to me, followed very closely by Blue Bettle (I know, right? Who the hell actually read Blue Beetle?) and Iron Man.

Iron Man, I liked, btw, well before the movies.

So what's some of you guys' favorite comic series and favorite heroes?
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/clan/clan?id=1727
Anne05
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
Anne05

PostSubject: Re: Superheroes and non-web comics   Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 1:07 pm

Always been a big fan of the X-Men and Wolverine, Batman, and Iron Man(before the movies too). There was another series I used to read all the time but I can't remember the name right now, believe it was in the Ultima Comics line but it could have been Dark Horse.

I liked Batman and Iron Man because they weren't mutants just regular guys with a few fun toys, I think that's part of why I'm studying Electronics Engineering.(besides it'll make building the robots I'm going to use to take over the world that much easier!!) I even pinned a line of comics while I was in middle school. The story lines weren't very good but my art was solid.
Back to top Go down
Crayne
Florian Adept
Florian Adept
Crayne

PostSubject: Re: Superheroes and non-web comics   Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 6:41 pm

I like all three, but my favorites are from the independents. I always find something new and surprising from them. My faves from DC/Marvel are Justice League, X-Men, Batman, Avengers, Wonderwoman, Spiderwoman, The Joker, Magneto, Catwoman, Mystique, Iron Man, Birds of Prey.

My my independent faves are Lady Death(BEFORE she became nice and manga-ized), Shi, Death Dealer(R.I.P. Frank Frazetta), Conan(Dark Horse), Red Sonya, Sandman, Invincible, Usagi Yojimbo--lol theres one for ya!, Purgatori, Evil Ernie, and Cremator. As you may notice I like comics from companies no longer around( the good ones die young... Sad )
Back to top Go down
Paeth
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
Paeth

PostSubject: Re: Superheroes and non-web comics   Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 9:13 pm

It's a tough call, I ca't say I read Dark Horse to much but DC and Marvel is a toss up. I WOULD only vote for Marvel simply ebcause my #1 is a chacater i their story line. But lucky for me he's also een in a number of cross overs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Borris Gizzard
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Superheroes and non-web comics   Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 11:57 pm

Wah thats a hard decision, probably marvel, just because the marval zombies were such a great idea, ive got the marval zombies vs ash sitting around here somwhere which i really need to get round to reading, unfortunatly i discovered onemanga.com a few years ago and have pretty much read only manga since then, i know its such a sin. infact naruto 499 came out today, its kinda of a top priotity read maybe ill come back here and post more when im done 0_o
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

PostSubject: Re: Superheroes and non-web comics   Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:05 am

I prefer the Sandman series, and Sandman Mystery Theater. Neil Gaiman is a god amongst mortals.
Back to top Go down
Crayne
Florian Adept
Florian Adept
Crayne

PostSubject: Re: Superheroes and non-web comics   Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:17 am

Yeah, the Sandman series is great! I won Volume 1 Absolute Sandman from a comic book store contest. cheers I still remember the look on the faces of those men when I won that! I havent read the Mystery Theater, but it sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Sylvaton
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Sylvaton

PostSubject: Re: Superheroes and non-web comics   Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:33 am

I'm going to say Marvel, but only because I've been reading their Ultimate Universe line (which can be summed up as "just how big of an asshole do you have to be to become a superhero?", or at least that's how it feels), but I too have enjoyed a number of DC and independent comics over the years. Astro City is a big favorite of mine. Although it's in a fairly depressing storyline right now, his story "The Nearness of You" is probably one of the best short stories of any type that I've read in a long, long time.

I used to read Grimjack and American Flagg! several years ago, but I stopped buying comics for a while and when I started back up I didn't go back to them. Cerebus was a favorite until Sim's storylines just got too damn weird. Very Happy Some of the scenes from the "Church and State" arc are still some of my favorites, though.
Back to top Go down
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Slevyas Grue

PostSubject: Re: Superheroes and non-web comics   Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:42 am

Sentimental dark horse vote for New England Comics and The Tick What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brandonio17
iwantname
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
iwantname

PostSubject: Re: Superheroes and non-web comics   Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 5:22 am

i like ironman and the x-men.i kinda liked the movies. What a Face
Back to top Go down
quiltgirl
Florian Adept
Florian Adept

Location : Kickin' back on a lounge chair with some Firefly Mint Tea on sunny White Cliffs Beach in my Yeti parka and Yipple fur mukluks

PostSubject: Re: Superheroes and non-web comics   Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 1:58 am

I loved the X-Men in the eighties, and took a 45 minute train ride every month to pick up Elf Quest as soon as it hit the shelves. Grimjack, Constantine, The Badger, Mage and anything Phil Foglio puts pencil to. As I type this I am looking at my tiny Tick figurine balancing on a broken brick wall by the tip of his mighty mighty chin. He looks like he is flying but you know he is falling; so perfect.
These days I get my graphic fix online except for PS238.
With the exception of the Bat I was never much of a classic superhero fan ((Batman rocks, always has, always will)). Tony Stark is a sphincter, Peter Parker is a whiny crybaby and Superman scares me. ......hiding in the closet from all the DC/Marvel fans now....
Back to top Go down
Paeth
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
Paeth

PostSubject: Re: Superheroes and non-web comics   Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:06 am

I HAVE that toy somewhere too! I had forgotten about it until now.
i have to admit, though I am a marvel fan, partiularly Ultimates Universe Marvel, Tony Strak Can be a bit of well.... one of those, as you so politly spelled it out. But Personally I'm a Captain America Fan. I Like the xmen and alot of others too of course Dead Pool is hilarious. DC, definatly Batman. I've cheered the old bat on for a long time, but Elf Quest. I remember it ut I never erally got to much into it. Dark horse comics I kinda brushed the surface of theirs. But I guess, in a very round about way, I'm trying to say, I think every comic producer out there at least has one charcter or title that is likeable...
Back to top Go down
444cheese
Florian Adept
Florian Adept
444cheese

PostSubject: Re: Superheroes and non-web comics   Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 11:53 am

dead pool from marvel even be for the wolverine movie his jokes are awesome and his fear of clowns is just awesome

im also a villain fan for every hero theres a great villain i mean spider-man has the green-goblin and venom (which is my fav) bat-man has the joker the X men have magnito and there all awesome if there were no vilains who would buy a comic that said

SUPER MAN GOES AND BUYS SOUP FROM THE SUPERMARKET

no one i would buy a comic that says this though

SUPER MAN FIGHTS BLACK DOOMSDAY THE EPIC BATTLE TO THE END albino

from your pal cheese
Back to top Go down
Sylvaton
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Sylvaton

PostSubject: Re: Superheroes and non-web comics   Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 2:10 pm

444cheese wrote:
dead pool from marvel even be for the wolverine movie his jokes are awesome and his fear of clowns is just awesome

Talking about not-all-there characters puts me in mind of an old favorite I lost touch with, The Badger. Anyone here read him? Between his multiple personality disorder and penchant for calling everyone "Larry", he was always a favorite. I occasionally pull out and re-read his crossover with Nexus and laugh my head off.

"Cookie?"

(if you ever read the story, you'd understand the reference)
Back to top Go down
Paeth
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
Paeth

PostSubject: Re: Superheroes and non-web comics   Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:01 pm

@444cheese

Hey! Did you read the one where Deadpool takes Wolverin and Domino out of the fight, by trapping them in a AC Ventilation shaft with a rooster!? lol Deadpool rocks- and I gank my wife's comics all teh time to read him lol
Back to top Go down
444cheese
Florian Adept
Florian Adept
444cheese

PostSubject: Re: Superheroes and non-web comics   Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:04 pm

LONG ALMOST LIVE DEADPOOL
HE PUTS THE ASS IN ASSASSIN
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Superheroes and non-web comics   Superheroes and non-web comics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Superheroes and non-web comics
Page 1 of 1