Florian Lights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florian Lights

Fight to conquer. Conquer to rule. Rule to excel. As rulers, we show respect to our enemy and do not mock them in battle. For to do so is to show the mark of a weakened man, and not a true ruler. -Tidurian

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Braggin Rights!
Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:47 pm by derfderf

» The Three Word game...
Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 am by Jet Mattix

» Should we or shouldn't we?
Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am by Anne05

» The Armoury has been reopened.
Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 pm by Mr. Multiple

» Happy Thanksgiving Everybody
Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 am by awesomest2.0

» Something sort of a Comment Box
Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 pm by awesomest2.0

» Ads Now!?!
Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 pm by awesomest2.0

» New Card? How to immediately Equip without wasting a point!
Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:02 pm by Ayistromia

» wii games FC
Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:38 pm by 44cheese

» wondering if my gear is good??
Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:43 pm by awesomest2.0

Top posters
Ayistromia
Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_vote_lcapBeing recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_voting_barBeing recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_vote_rcap 
Dustin Cropps
Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_vote_lcapBeing recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_voting_barBeing recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_vote_rcap 
Slevyas Grue
Sylvaton
Anne05
iwantname
swith
Selaroc
Paeth
awesomest2.0

Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?

Go down 
+5
Jet Mattix
ebontide
Dustin Cropps
SmokeyGurl
Ayistromia
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? Empty
PostSubject: Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?   Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:14 pm

I am being recruited from other clans... Specifically SHENDO, Leader of The Guard. I really detest the practice of just throwing out invites, without a word of explanation, or a reason that I should choose their clan over the hundreds, or perhaps thousands on the board today.

So after the third invite from Shendo, on this same toon, that I have denied previously, here was my response:

While I can appreciate your excitement to see someone of my level achieving so much on the Zwitter post, I do resent being recruited from my current clan to yours. We consider this very rude, and while you cannot be blamed for your excitement, we might be convinced to take offense should this practice continue. Please keep your clan invitations to ONLY those who do NOT currently have a clan affiliation, there are hundreds out there.
Thanks,
~Mia

Dustin, if you have another way that we SHOULD be responding, please let me know. because I sent the dude an invite right back, scathingly polite fuck off and die letter posted above and all.
Back to top Go down
SmokeyGurl
SmokeyGurl

PostSubject: Re: Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?   Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:20 pm

They must have caught a peek at your risque pics so can't REALLY blame them for being so over-eager!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://en.netlog.com/SmokeyDawn
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

PostSubject: Re: Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?   Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:25 pm

I know. but he didn't even compliment my girls. I could forgive him for that, but he REALLY needs to say something like "Great boobs, Join my clan?"
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

PostSubject: Re: Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?   Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:35 pm

In response to my Polite, but fuck-you letter.... His response was....

(-Not an invite-) I prefer not to be harassed by a younger clan, and no, I have not been inviting your "members". If this issue continues, I will be taking this problem to your leader. ~Shendo

I do believe I have been threatened. He has not even BEGUN to be harassed... I can harass people just fine, and they know it! (Ask Smokey) This was not harassment. I just simply stated if he continued to recruit our members I might be convinced to take offence with his rudeness. I did not say anything about retaliation.
Just sayin. He's a jackass.
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?   Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:38 pm

Mia,

let it go. Just use the delete button and move on. I agree that it's rude to invite clan affiliates, but that's our view. Show respect to other clans. We may want their help, some day.

Just let it go and bitch to us if you want to get it off your chest. Never worth making an enemy when you don't have to.
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/clan/clan?id=1727
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?   Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:47 pm

Though, Mia, that was not meant to sound rude and I hope you didn't take it that way. I FULLY appreciate your loyalty and strong opinions to the Florian Lights. We need more people to be as hotheadedly loyal as yourself. Just dont get our asses kicked. lol
Back to top Go down
ebontide
Magnanimous Benefactor
Magnanimous Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?   Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:50 pm

Agreed, she's made me afraid to ever leave. :p

Not that I would.
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?   Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:44 am

Lmao... gotta I love you Mia
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?   Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:28 am

Ayistromia wrote:
I prefer not to be harassed by a younger clan,

Wait... Our clan is 3 months older than The Guard. Hmm... strange.
Back to top Go down
Jet Mattix
Florian Member
Florian Member
Jet Mattix

PostSubject: Re: Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?   Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:41 am

Dustin Cropps wrote:
Ayistromia wrote:
I prefer not to be harassed by a younger clan,

Wait... Our clan is 3 months older than The Guard. Hmm... strange.

SCANDAL!

feels like a rivalry is growing in the bubbly belly that is our clans..

though, i could be mistaken. pretty sure thats my belly with the bubble guts...

a necessary evil when one sercums to the drink.
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

PostSubject: Re: Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?   Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 7:38 pm

WELL now. I did delete him, and i have NOT tried to harass him, I save harassment for you guys. Keep it in the clan, I always say. Wait.. that didn't sound right.

I don't want to start sh*t, I just don't appreciate his methods cause you guys picked me up when I was level 2. and this is the third time he's sent an invite to my char. I am now level 12, and fully trained at the drunk, half trained with the warrior... that's a hot minute.

It pisses me off that he's THAT rude, because that's alot how the BGL started their sh*t with CoZ. And JUST for that I really wanna just go through his clan list and spank all his lowbies. I think I shall do just that.
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

PostSubject: Re: Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?   Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 7:42 pm

ebontide wrote:
Agreed, she's made me afraid to ever leave. :p

Not that I would.

You should be. I am all things sweet and adorable, till I get my dander up about something. But if I start seeing a mass Exodus from our clan to... say... THE GUARD, I might have a thing or three to say about it. And then I'd start slaying all the traitors in battle. With ALL THREE of my accounts. Till you had no fame left. Just sayin.

You pick a clan, you stick with that clan, and you be d@mned loyal to it cause they're the ones that helped your newbie @ss.
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?   Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:02 pm

Ayistromia wrote:

You pick a clan, you stick with that clan, and you be d@mned loyal to it cause they're the ones that helped your newbie @ss.

Here, here! Mia for president!
Back to top Go down
SmokeyGurl
SmokeyGurl

PostSubject: Re: Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?   Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 12:25 am

One of the Smokeys just got an invite to "The Guard" too tho ALL my Smokeys are in FL (How's THAT for clan loyalty?? Razz ) Mine was from Sheldon...
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?   Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 9:10 am

Some clans just Zwitter, Click, Invite, Zwitter, Click, Invite... We, however, take the time to notice WHO we invite and make sure they are unaffiliated. We consider this being respectful to other clans and of the choices that the member has made.
Back to top Go down
SmokeyGurl
SmokeyGurl

PostSubject: Re: Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?   Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 4:57 pm

LMAO!! Got another invite to "The Guard"..... responded with an invite HERE saying:
Sorry but "Florian Lights" is #13 and growing steadily as we're actively recruiting and have an awesome website and Leader...why not join us instead??
Razz muahahaha!
Back to top Go down
Destiny Cropps
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee
Destiny Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?   Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 7:54 pm

sounds good to me
Back to top Go down
Jet Mattix
Florian Member
Florian Member
Jet Mattix

PostSubject: Re: Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?   Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 11:31 pm

SmokeyGurl wrote:
LMAO!! Got another invite to "The Guard"..... responded with an invite HERE saying:
Sorry but "Florian Lights" is #13 and growing steadily as we're actively recruiting and have an awesome website and Leader...why not join us instead??
Razz muahahaha!

let the

GAMES BEGIN!!!
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?   Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:09 pm

Well, who ever these "The Guard" clown are, they are multiplying faster than us. We are blowing up and they're still just about 100 above us. Bugging me.
Back to top Go down
Sylvaton
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Sylvaton

PostSubject: Re: Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?   Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:26 am

After seeing three and four invites to the same clan showing up in my various inboxes two or three days in a row, I finally sent a "I like my clan just fine, why don't you quit yours and join ours?" response back much like 'Mia's, only slightly blunter. I did try to stay polite, however.

(edit for clarity)
Well, instead of "blunter" I really should say "less elegantly worded" I suppose.

Last edited by Sylvaton on Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

PostSubject: Re: Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?   Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:02 am

I didn't. Congrats on your control. Where the hell is the "ignore" button here in Zorkland?
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?   Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:19 pm

I'm only commenting to tell Sylvaton that I think I'm in love with that avatar.
Back to top Go down
Mad God
Florian Adept
Florian Adept
Mad God

PostSubject: Re: Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?   Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:32 pm

*Gasps* I want it. 8D
That's hilarious ammo against noobs!
Back to top Go down
carriezim
Florian Adept
Florian Adept

PostSubject: Re: Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?   Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:09 pm

I had to share that I got an invite to Hypno Toad stating that I was a good warrior. Generally I ignore invites any more but I had to respond. I thanked them for the compliments and said I learned from the best which is you guys, and said they are free to join us but I would understand clan loyalty.

So mainly I'm posting this to say how rocking awesome you guys are because half of what I have on Zork is from what I got here! So thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?   Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:37 pm

Thank you for being loyal, carrie!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?   Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Being recruited from another Clan? How to respond?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next