Florian Lights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florian Lights

Fight to conquer. Conquer to rule. Rule to excel. As rulers, we show respect to our enemy and do not mock them in battle. For to do so is to show the mark of a weakened man, and not a true ruler. -Tidurian

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Braggin Rights!
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:47 pm by derfderf

» The Three Word game...
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 am by Jet Mattix

» Should we or shouldn't we?
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am by Anne05

» The Armoury has been reopened.
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 pm by Mr. Multiple

» Happy Thanksgiving Everybody
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 am by awesomest2.0

» Something sort of a Comment Box
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 pm by awesomest2.0

» Ads Now!?!
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 pm by awesomest2.0

» New Card? How to immediately Equip without wasting a point!
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:02 pm by Ayistromia

» wii games FC
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:38 pm by 44cheese

» wondering if my gear is good??
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:43 pm by awesomest2.0

Top posters
Ayistromia
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_vote_lcapGames, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_voting_barGames, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_vote_rcap 
Dustin Cropps
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_vote_lcapGames, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_voting_barGames, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_vote_rcap 
Slevyas Grue
Sylvaton
Anne05
iwantname
swith
Selaroc
Paeth
awesomest2.0

Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.

Go down 
+17
Sea Monkey 001
swith
Slevyas Grue
LucindaLu
DietEvil
Faelana
aes
Ellaura
Destiny Cropps
Teshla
SmokeyGurl
Ayistromia
Dr. Saxton
Selaroc
ebontide
carriezim
Dustin Cropps
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. Empty
PostSubject: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:47 pm

What other games are people playing or looking forward to? Personally, my favorite games of all time are Halo, Metroid, Megaman, Zelda, and Mass Effect. My #1 probably being Mass Effect.

Let me say it now before people ask for my gamertag... I LOVE my 360, I like my Wii, and I'm honestly not a fan of my PS3, though, I do have it and I love, love, love my blurays. I HATE competitive gaming. I will not play multiplayer. I will lose 100% of the time because I enjoy games and the competitive edge takes away from my relaxation and enjoyment. So, that being said, I LOVE Halo, I hate it's multiplayer. Yes, I'm that one guy.

I'm looking forward to Halo: Reach like nobody's business. Getting rid of the brutes (because it's a prequel. Brutes haven't joined the covenant yet) and the elites have been reborn (technically, only regular born because of it being a prequel) as the badass leaders of the covenant forces. I still remember the chill I'd get when having to fight a group of elites in Halo 1. I'm hoping Reach will not disappoint.

And Mass Effect? I'm obsessed. I hated it at first but now I'm a diehard. I have all 4 comics, almost all the DLC, and am a true blue Paragon. Love it!

Also, beer is good. I like Guinness Draught and Coors light. haha.
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/clan/clan?id=1727
carriezim
Florian Adept
Florian Adept

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:04 pm

I don't drink often but funnily enough the beer part got me to come in here lol. I like a mixed drink on occasion and I do enjoy some of those flavored beers. (Fuzzy Navel and Strawberry Daquir)

Any way I'll admit I'm a noob when it comes to the gaming world. I'm gradually dipping my toes in because of a friend of mine. When I was a kid I played on the classic Atari I for a very short time had a Nintendo 64 and a Sega Genesis. I got a wii a while back and I mainly play guitar Hero on it, I also play a Harry Potter game, that's about it because games are expensive or require that new motion sensor thing.

I VERY recently got a PS2 at Game stop. My friend started showing me Freeman's Mind and I'm like I MUST play half life. So all I have is Half Life and the Sonic Mega Plus. I'm cheap and dirt poor so I'll be slow in expanding my collection or getting anything more/newer. Though I'm kinda wanting to check out Portal and Halo. I only know vague things about both.

As I said a noob. Some of the listed games I've heard of but haven't experienced, but I know I will eventually.
Back to top Go down
ebontide
Magnanimous Benefactor
Magnanimous Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:12 pm

Most of the games listed are well in my top choices, though Mass Effect and Halo aren't my favorites of their genres. I'm a big fan of Harvest Moon too oddly enough, thanks to my fiancee, she got me addicted when we were kids and I haven't stopped yet. I like most RPGs, including the Final Fantasy series, Breath of Fire, and many more. They make the bulk of my collection. I like tactical competitive FPS games, like Battlefield series and such, not so much deathmatch.

I'm a fairly passionate gamer; and really, if you put it in front of me, I'll waste hours on it. And say I hated it after I beat it. :p
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:30 pm

ebontide wrote:
Most of the games listed are well in my top choices, though Mass Effect and Halo aren't my favorites of their genres.
Bah, what do you know! lol. Kidding, of course. Halo is fantastic to me because I love the Sci-fi space commando thing. Also, I was a fan of Spartan history LONG before 300 came around, being Greek myself, so I liked what they did there. And Mass Effect's story is fantastic. To each their own. To me, a game is an interactive story. Story is a must have. Without story and only amazing gameplay... you have Half-life 2... lol. AMAZING game... I'm a Black Mesa fan from day 1, but 2 made me sad. no story.

But, I have to say im fully impressed with Mass Effect 2. Any issue with the first was rebuilt, ground up, in the sequel.
Back to top Go down
ebontide
Magnanimous Benefactor
Magnanimous Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:43 pm

I can agree that both are great games, and the stories are top notch, its the gameplay that throws me, ME2 was great all around, but felt very linear, much like the first. Halo, I can't get into the story so well, Master Chief is a great character, but the enemies don't do much for me - they seem too PG13 or something, just nothing to fear (Aside from Juggernauts and Elites). Unfortunately the Sci-Fi gaming genre is pretty thin so nothing really to give alternatives, but hopefully that changes.
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:17 am

thats exactly why I'm so excited about Halo: Reach. They said they going to make the Covenant less comical and more fearsome. It's technically their first appearance in the series, so they need to make an impact.
Back to top Go down
Selaroc
Selaroc

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 10:23 am

Personally, I *hate* all things Halo - I was inundated with so much of the "Halo-hype" over a period of 6 months that I started to absolutely despise the game. You can only hear how "awesome" a game is for so long until you begin to not want to go near it.

That aside, my personal favorite upcoming games are: Dragon Quest IX: Legends of the Starry Sky, Golden Sun DS, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Final Fantasy XIV, Metroid: Other M, and the new Wii Legend of Zelda. Currently, I'm playing through White Knight Chronicles, Heavy Rain, and Monster Hunter Tri. Also, I keep up with my Animal Crossing (Wii) and my old staple, Team Fortress Classic for the PC (Halflife mod)

That being said, I'm a huge retro gamer. I still play NES / SNES games, and various other things - with an emphasis on JRPGs (FFVI my personal favorite)
Back to top Go down
Dr. Saxton
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee
Dr. Saxton

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 6:58 pm

I guess I should post something since I haven't yet

I like the Zelda series ... they seem to be the only games I can actually beat sadly enough. I also like the Fire Emblems, number 8 especially. and the golden sun series. oh, and super smash. But the Zeldas are by my favorite games.

As for Halo, I like it, but I'm awful. I prefer Gears of War to Halo.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Saxton
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee
Dr. Saxton

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 6:59 pm

and beer is good too.
Back to top Go down
Selaroc
Selaroc

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 7:17 pm

Just realized that I didn't say anything about b33r..

I'm a fan of anything Stout or Porter, as long as it isn't too bitter (IBUs and taste). Also, I love Three Philosophers (name of the beer) and any Doppelbock. The only "Cheap" beer that I drink is usually Killian's Irish Red.

And I love margaritas. of all kinds. Whee!
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 8:22 pm

As for games: Final Fantasy series, though 7 was, is and always will be my favorite. 9 was kind of good too, but 7... just wow. Ultima Online. World of Whorecrack I mean, Warcraft. Of course the Zorks and Myst games, but Nemesis was my fave Zork game ever. I play Legends of LaGaia, and Street Fighters, Mortal Kombat, and pretty much any two player fighter games. I am queen of the one move kill. I find a button, make a special move, and spam it over and over.

I don't drink beer. I drink whiskey neat, with exactly 3 drops of water in it to open the flavor up. I also like red wines, but not merlot. I am a particular fan of Cabernet Savignon, or else if I'm being cheap and/or feeding a party, I get the Boxo Fancescia Sweet Red.
If I must indulge in a beer-like beverage, Sam Adams or Yuengling, or else Killians Red... come to think on it... they're all lagers.

I am also not a cheap drunk. I'm Scots-Irish, raised by a (recovered) alcoholic, and I myself have NOT recovered thank-you-very-much. I have consumed enough alcohol to sedate a moose in a single sitting. Actually there's only one man that I know of that can hold more than me. His name is Benni, he's Coratian/Icelandic and he weighs about 350 pounds more than me. I tried to outdrink him for my birthday. We gave up mixing cocktails and went straight to whiskey shots. He won after the 6th bottle. I used to make him be my designated driver just for that insult.
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 8:58 pm

I am a huge Guinness fan and I've only tried it for the first time this past St. Patty's Day. I have truly been missing out for a long time. It doesn't have the bubblies of your average beer but the flavor is amazing. I love the stuff. Kind of like how Mountain Dew is far less carbonated than your average soda.

Now I want me some Guinness...
Back to top Go down
Selaroc
Selaroc

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 10:06 pm

Quote :
I play Legends of LaGaia

I'm sorry to hear that. Painful, unforgiving RPG, that is. Almost as bad as 7th Saga (Not Elnard). I have yet to legitly beat 7th saga >.<
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:01 pm

I kind of liked it. I unlocked most of the combinations, and 85% of the recipes available
Back to top Go down
SmokeyGurl
SmokeyGurl

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:58 pm

OK...you asked for it!! lol
Here's a good gaming info site where everyone lists & rates the games they play...
GamerDNA

The current MMORPGs I'm playing most often... WYD:The Aftermath and Last Chaos and less because I gotta redownload it...
Perfect World

I've played SH*TLOADS of online games but only "Unreal Tournament 2004" and "Freelancer" as regular games I played multiplayer as well..
I really enjoy modern combat/war type games as well as RPGs but sooo hard to find good ones! I LOVED the original "Deer Hunter 4" too and "Cabela's Big Game Hunter"....

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://en.netlog.com/SmokeyDawn
Teshla
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 2:52 pm

I develop games myself, thus excessive gaming can be covered up as "research". I love everything with good story and mood and with my own development I try to move to something new and original. My favorites would be: The longest journey (both), Morrowind, Gothic, Mardek RPG, Braid, Mass Effect, Deus Ex (Haven't finished it, but I love it, I'll be returning to it someday), Half-Life (all, especially episodes), Portal, Fallout (all 3). Now games I dislike and why:
Final Fantasy series - although they might seem to have a good story at start, after you played one, you played them all. Every part simply follows the same pattern of storytelling and you can tell which character will die, which won't and who is the bad guy at first sight of them, also I get plenty of similar storytelling while surfing through different anime in search for something good.
Oblivion - they destroyed the unique world by making direct reference to real world architecture and middle age regions, people, tribes. When I'm gaming I want a new unexplored world, not something I recently saw in a museum. (Add-on was great though, they realised their mistake and made something really interesting).
Back to top Go down
http://www.3j.lt
Destiny Cropps
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee
Destiny Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 5:56 pm

I don't play many games but I absolutely love Fallout 3 and I play the heck out of the Sims. I don't usually drink much but now that I am no longer pregnant I am want some beer!! (Hint Hint Dustin)
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 8:59 pm

Teshla wrote:
I develop games myself, thus excessive gaming can be covered up as "research". I love everything with good story and mood and with my own development I try to move to something new and original. My favorites would be: The longest journey (both), Morrowind, Gothic, Mardek RPG, Braid, Mass Effect, Deus Ex (Haven't finished it, but I love it, I'll be returning to it someday), Half-Life (all, especially episodes), Portal, Fallout (all 3). Now games I dislike and why:
Final Fantasy series - although they might seem to have a good story at start, after you played one, you played them all. Every part simply follows the same pattern of storytelling and you can tell which character will die, which won't and who is the bad guy at first sight of them, also I get plenty of similar storytelling while surfing through different anime in search for something good.
Oblivion - they destroyed the unique world by making direct reference to real world architecture and middle age regions, people, tribes. When I'm gaming I want a new unexplored world, not something I recently saw in a museum. (Add-on was great though, they realised their mistake and made something really interesting).

I'm going to be checking out your newgrounds page. Really cool stuff, man. And Braid was amazingly fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Ellaura
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee
Ellaura

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 11:15 pm

Let's see. I too am a WoW addict. I also have a DS and a 360. I prefer RPGs so I loved Dragon Age. I also like Final Fantasy, Zelda, Professor Layton.

As far as beer goes, I like quite a few things. I love a good Guinness, a Blue Moon with orange, Corona, Yuengling, and Stella... just to name a few.
Back to top Go down
aes
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 1:28 am

Hmm... All time favourite is Okami (such a beautiful game). Others that I like: Prince of Persia series, Assassins Creed, Ninja Gaiden, Pokemon Red (that's right RED), Lego Indiana Jones, Resident Evil series, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda.

One series I'm not thrilled about anymore. Final Fantasy. Feel free to crucify, but it's true. The obsession and love for it isn't there.

Beer... just give me a Molson Canadian or Labatt Blue and we can be friends. Tsingtao is acceptable too. But there's other alcohol that I like better than beer.
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 9:26 am

I heard that Okami was really good. I have it on wii and I haven't played it yet. So many games I have to get to. which reminds me, I need to play Red Steel 2... I was one of the 3 people who liked the first game.
Back to top Go down
Faelana
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 9:09 pm

I like games, period, so between my PS3, Wii, DSiXL, iPhone, and computers, I play everything from casual HOG and Match 3 games to adventure-platformers, to puzzlers, but am not a fan of first person shooters or RPGs. I decided to try FF4 on my DSi, but just cannot wrap my head around it, but may take a shot at another one in the series. My favourite game of all time though is Prince of Persia, and yes, I'll be at GameStop at 10pm tomorrow for the launch of Forgotten Sands Wink.

As to beer, I like it cool, dry, and golden so that pretty much makes me a lager gal Wink. Shiner Bock, Heinerken, San Miguel, Frost, Kingfisher, Singha, pretty much any of these works for me. Oh, and if there's piping hot kababs to go with it, then the experience is complete Smile.
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 9:37 pm

Faelana wrote:

As to beer, I like it cool, dry, and golden so that pretty much makes me a lager gal Wink. Shiner Bock, Heinerken, San Miguel, Frost, Kingfisher, Singha, pretty much any of these works for me. Oh, and if there's piping hot kababs to go with it, then the experience is complete Smile.

There's no part of that block of words that didn't excite me. lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DietEvil
Florian Member
Florian Member
DietEvil

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 9:41 pm

Hm, beer... Wish I had some right now. Usually I favor Juengling or Amberbock. I enjoy trying out new ones. For those who pass through or live near Tampa, there is/was a place there called World of Beer. A rather large selection of beers from all over. Interesting place, but of course, it's a little pricier. Still, it worth hitting just to peruse choices. Given my druthers though, I would rather have a whiskey or scotch to sip on over a beer.

Games. I can't say that I have one favorite. I prefer RPGs, but sometimes mindless fun is good. About the only the games I tend to avoid are RTSs, mostly as I suck at them. For MMOs, I still have an active account for WoW, Warhammer, Anarchy Online, and Eve Online. Sadly, I don't have the time to play on them much anymore. Played for quite a while on CoH/CoV, and have also dabbled with Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Aion. Alas, never enough time or money for my gaming habits.
Back to top Go down
Faelana
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 9:49 pm

Dustin Cropps wrote:
Faelana wrote:

There's no part of that block of words that didn't excite me. lol Very Happy

What, you weren't impressed by the fact that I've been playing PoP since it first came out on 51/4" floppies! Just kidding Wink,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next