Florian Lights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florian Lights

Fight to conquer. Conquer to rule. Rule to excel. As rulers, we show respect to our enemy and do not mock them in battle. For to do so is to show the mark of a weakened man, and not a true ruler. -Tidurian

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Braggin Rights!
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:47 pm by derfderf

» The Three Word game...
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 am by Jet Mattix

» Should we or shouldn't we?
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am by Anne05

» The Armoury has been reopened.
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 pm by Mr. Multiple

» Happy Thanksgiving Everybody
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 am by awesomest2.0

» Something sort of a Comment Box
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 pm by awesomest2.0

» Ads Now!?!
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 pm by awesomest2.0

» New Card? How to immediately Equip without wasting a point!
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:02 pm by Ayistromia

» wii games FC
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:38 pm by 44cheese

» wondering if my gear is good??
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:43 pm by awesomest2.0

Top posters
Ayistromia
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_vote_lcapGames, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_voting_barGames, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Dustin Cropps
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_vote_lcapGames, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_voting_barGames, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Slevyas Grue
Sylvaton
Anne05
iwantname
swith
Selaroc
Paeth
awesomest2.0

Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.

Go down 
+17
Sea Monkey 001
swith
Slevyas Grue
LucindaLu
DietEvil
Faelana
aes
Ellaura
Destiny Cropps
Teshla
SmokeyGurl
Ayistromia
Dr. Saxton
Selaroc
ebontide
carriezim
Dustin Cropps
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
DietEvil
Florian Member
Florian Member
DietEvil

Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:16 pm

I don't recall if a larger brewery owns them, but they have a brewery in Pennsylvania and in Tampa, FL. I'm really surprised you all haven't encountered it before. It's been at most places I've gone to. If you have tried Amberbock, then picture that except a little heavier and darker. Or at least, that's how it seems to me. It's not a good choice if you plan to do any drinking games, but it's great for regular drinking.
Back to top Go down
swith
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
swith

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 12:35 am

Anyone else try Sam Adams new Spring Seasonal, Noble Pils? I am a huge Sam Adams fan in general, but this is one of their worst beers ever imho. I'm not a huge fan of their Summer Ale, but this new spring season is much much worse. Read a review of it after I had a bit and they described it as crisp like fresh morning dew. Which struck a chord with my impression of it, it was like licking wet fresh cut grass.

But as mentioned before their Boston Ale is a terribly yummy beverage and likely my most regularly drank beer.
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 8:03 am

Swith,

I've tried Sam Adams Winter seasonal as well... disgusting, imho. I do like their boston ale as well. I can't remember the name for the life of me, but Sam Adams has a really good one, that you can see stuff floating around in. Like, yeast or something. Sounds idsgusting, but it was very good.

DietEvil, I've heard of Yuengling before, and you're right. I think they have it everywhere. I just went to the store to get some Guinness and apparently the stuff is a hot commodity or no body drinks it in PA. Either way, no place had any. Went with Yuengling since I wanted to try the local brand. I fell in love.
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/clan/clan?id=1727
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 12:29 pm

IF I drink beer (which is rare) I either drink Yuengling or Dos Equis. They are bearable at least and widely available. I prefer Sam Adams, but unlike Swith, I enjoy the flavored lagers and ales more than the Boston, which left a bitter aftertaste the few times I've partaken. And also, Sam Adams is really hard to come by down here for some reason I have to go to a full line alcoholic beverage store just to get it.

Whiskey is better for you, and better for the environment. It's true.
Back to top Go down
swith
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
swith

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 12:55 pm

Bourbon would be my preferred whiskey or a scotch. Not really a single malt kind of guy, after much sampling my tastes aren't refined enough to make the large price tag worth it. Thus something tasty like Johnny Walker Black, a good drinkable blended is grand.

The sams with the sediment was their white ale, it used to be their spring seasonal. Not sure they even make it now in with their new spring brew. Winter lager is ok by me, but it is made with cinnamon and drinking a large quantity leaves an awful lot of cinnamon with you. Similar their Oktober Fest brew, as many Otober Fest or Pumpkin beers, is made with a large amount of nutmeg. I can't drink but one or two of those or the nutmeg leaves me feeling not well.
Back to top Go down
Selaroc
Selaroc

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 5:46 pm

I'm a huge fan of Single Malt Scotches, especially ones from the Speyside region (The others [Islay, Lowland, and Highland] have too sharp a bite to 'em)

Incidentally, I *really* enjoy Sam's Cherry wheat, but the others aren't really so good for me. I'm not a big fan of bitter or high IBU beers, so my selections are usually limited to Porters and specialty brews, unfortunately. (One exception: Spaten is good, for some reason). I dislike: Pilsners, Hefeweizens, etc. =/
Back to top Go down
Sea Monkey 001
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee
Sea Monkey 001

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 12:26 pm

I love beer, does not matter what kind it is, I like them all. I am willing to try new things all the time. I would have to say my preferred beers of choice are Sam Adams Boston Lager, Bud Light, and Blue Moon.

I work at GameStop currently so the question of loving games is solved right there. My favorite types of games are RPG’s, FPS, and MMORPG’s. Favorite games are Call of Duty Series, Halo 1 and 2, and Final Fantasy 9. I’m also that guy that plays sports games and I really enjoy NHL 10 for the authenticity of the game play and realism of the action and graphics. I am currently off line with my WOW account due to financial situation (i.e. I have a little one on the way and its going to be a boy). Plus I will be going back to school here soon to get my degree in Business Administration.
Back to top Go down
Anne05
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
Anne05

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 4:29 pm

Let's see, not a beer drinker prefer bourbon or single malt scotch. Blanton's Reserve single barrel Kentucky bourbon is a personal favorite, smooth clean and just a touch sweet. Recently have been enjoying Port wines as well.

Games...really enjoyed LoZ:OoT, Conduit, and some of the Wii Fit balance board games. Picked up a 360 off of a guy at school and have played the hell out of Mass Effect & Mass Effect 2, Call of Duty Modern Warfare & MW2: great campaign stories, Halo3 & ODST: Enjoyed ODST more, Battlfield 3 was pretty good, currently plating Arkham Asylum. I live in the sticks and have dial up so I only play off line

The only online games I play are Zork & I used to play a text based game called Kingdom Game, it was optimized to play on iPhone
Back to top Go down
iwantname
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
iwantname

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:50 am

i play ff series and cod series Cool
Back to top Go down
iwantname
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
iwantname

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:27 am

i love games....nothing more to say Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Crayne
Florian Adept
Florian Adept
Crayne

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:02 pm

Oh yeah games and beer and so much more...

I love Guinness, and Yuengling is wonderful! If I can't find Guiness then Yuengling Oatmeal Stout is a nice substitute. Hmm that reminds me, The Fox and Hound(a bar near me) has a Yuenglings and Wings special on Mondays. I also like Sam Adams, and have tried many of their brews. I have tasted the Noble Pils and it was like drinking Wheatgrass, so I agree with Swith as far as the first impression. I also like Bass, Dos Equis, Corona(with a shot of silver tequila in it and lime), Blue Moon, and many others... Laughing .

I'm not a big whiskey or scotch drinker, as I havent tried many and most of the ones I've tried left me gasping for air. I do however like Tullamore Dew and Makers Mark. I like bourbons and cognacs, as well as flavored liquors( only the good kind will do, like Frangelico). Light liquors for the most part I have to mix, because I can't get past the smell. Speaking of which, has anyone tried CrystalHead that is produced by Dan Akroyd? I got to try it at a liquor tasting. First of all I like the bottle, a clear glass skull. The smell is very faint, hardly there. And the taste is so smooth you can drink it straight!
I also like to drink wines, preferably whites or deep reds. Warm sake is good too if I can get my hands on some...

Now for the games. Dustin, I agree with you on Wind Waker, its a great game and a bit too short. I pre-ordered that game so I got the bonus disc with OOC/Master Quest.Master Quest is exactly what it is. The dungeons contain elements not found in OOC. And the layout in some is a bit different so you have to take different paths to reach the same goals as in OOC. Okami is a good game, I played it on the PS2. Ayistromia, I love the FF series and VII is the best, I agree with you on that.

Basically, I love playing games! I like RPG, Action/Adventure,Puzzle, MMORPGs and Fighting games the best. I truly suck at sports games; for some reason I get lost with the controls. I like some FPS, but dont play them much. Right now online I play Legends of Zork and City of Heroes. I used to play Evercrack--uhh Everquest and Woe of Witchcraft *ahem* World of Warcraft. I let those expire due to too many games to play and catch up to.

Also, I own a lot of consoles, so to list the games I own/like are too many. I have an Atari 2600, NES, Super NES, Nintendo 64(Donkey Kong Edition), Sega Genesis, PSOne(the smaller one, I also bought the screen to go with it), PS2, PS3 and the Wii. Working on that Xbox.....
lol! Wow! Just told my age without saying anything.....
Back to top Go down
iwantname
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
iwantname

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 3:28 pm

well i like final fantasy series and i too have a ps3 console.i like playing online. i also like a lot the first person shooters and i like the games such as elder scrolls.i am thinking of buying the demons soul.i am thinking of buying the dragons origins too but it doesnt work to good on the ps3.i sometimes play racing games and i am fun of the need for speed series.i dont play wow and i am not drinking in my age sooo... thats all
Back to top Go down
444cheese
Florian Adept
Florian Adept
444cheese

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:48 am

im playing any thing i can get my hands on for my wii not that many good games for it at the moment so if u have any CHEAP recemendations for me that would be cool

i have resently gone on a sonic the hedge hog craze i know there little kid games but there tuff i can't beat them its sad scratch i don't know y thogh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3