Florian Lights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florian Lights

Fight to conquer. Conquer to rule. Rule to excel. As rulers, we show respect to our enemy and do not mock them in battle. For to do so is to show the mark of a weakened man, and not a true ruler. -Tidurian

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Braggin Rights!
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:47 pm by derfderf

» The Three Word game...
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 am by Jet Mattix

» Should we or shouldn't we?
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am by Anne05

» The Armoury has been reopened.
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 pm by Mr. Multiple

» Happy Thanksgiving Everybody
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 am by awesomest2.0

» Something sort of a Comment Box
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 pm by awesomest2.0

» Ads Now!?!
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 pm by awesomest2.0

» New Card? How to immediately Equip without wasting a point!
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:02 pm by Ayistromia

» wii games FC
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:38 pm by 44cheese

» wondering if my gear is good??
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:43 pm by awesomest2.0

Top posters
Ayistromia
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_vote_lcapGames, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_voting_barGames, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Dustin Cropps
Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_vote_lcapGames, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_voting_barGames, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Slevyas Grue
Sylvaton
Anne05
iwantname
swith
Selaroc
Paeth
awesomest2.0

Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.

Go down 
+17
Sea Monkey 001
swith
Slevyas Grue
LucindaLu
DietEvil
Faelana
aes
Ellaura
Destiny Cropps
Teshla
SmokeyGurl
Ayistromia
Dr. Saxton
Selaroc
ebontide
carriezim
Dustin Cropps
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 9:57 pm

Faelana wrote:
Dustin Cropps wrote:
Faelana wrote:

As to beer, I like it cool, dry, and golden so that pretty much makes me a lager gal Wink. Shiner Bock, Heinerken, San Miguel, Frost, Kingfisher, Singha, pretty much any of these works for me. Oh, and if there's piping hot kababs to go with it, then the experience is complete Smile.

There's no part of that block of words that didn't excite me. lol Very Happy

What, you weren't impressed by the fact that I've been playing PoP since it first came out on 51/4" floppies! Just kidding Wink,
The PoP that was on NES (maybe its a rom only, idk, never heard of it.) was so insanely hard. The newest one, yes, the one they cancelled, was my favorite. I loved it. It's a pity more people didn't love New Prince the way I did.
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/clan/clan?id=1727
Faelana
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 11:30 pm

Dustin Cropps wrote:
Faelana wrote:
Dustin Cropps wrote:
Faelana wrote:

As to beer, I like it cool, dry, and golden so that pretty much makes me a lager gal Wink. Shiner Bock, Heinerken, San Miguel, Frost, Kingfisher, Singha, pretty much any of these works for me. Oh, and if there's piping hot kababs to go with it, then the experience is complete Smile.

What, you weren't impressed by the fact that I've been playing PoP since it first came out on 51/4" floppies! Just kidding Wink,
The PoP that was on NES (maybe its a rom only, idk, never heard of it.) was so insanely hard. The newest one, yes, the one they cancelled, was my favorite. I loved it. It's a pity more people didn't love New Prince the way I did.

Omg yes, the NES one was insanely hard, but I was in India at the time, so played it on floppies, nope, can't even call those ROMs Wink. The newest one is Forgotten Sands which comes out tomorrow, so which one are you talking about that got canceled? Unless you mean the second one of the original series, I think it was called The Shadow and something...?
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 9:03 am

Faelana wrote:
Dustin Cropps wrote:
Faelana wrote:
Dustin Cropps wrote:
Faelana wrote:

Omg yes, the NES one was insanely hard, but I was in India at the time, so played it on floppies, nope, can't even call those ROMs Wink. The newest one is Forgotten Sands which comes out tomorrow, so which one are you talking about that got canceled? Unless you mean the second one of the original series, I think it was called The Shadow and something...?

the last big prince release on ps3 and 360. it was just called "Prince of Persia" and starred a new Prince and new adventure. didn't involve time at all, like the very first game. It was about avoiding death and acrobatics. It will always be my favorite prince title.
Back to top Go down
LucindaLu
Florian Member
Florian Member

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:23 pm

I've been PC gaming since the 8 bit days. Raised on D&D so I still have a soft spot for the Baldur's Gate style of adventure game that takes a hundred plus hours to complete. Never had the co-ordination for hardcore FPS games but loved hybrids like System Shock and Deus Ex. I've played most western MMO's but these days with a young child to look after I'm finding Runescape works for me - mostly solo so if you log in you can immediately do something productive without having to wait for a balanced party, knowing that you'll be interrupted within minutes of getting a group together and have to log out to the disappointment of everyone else.

I love a good beer when the opportunity presents itself, warm UK ales in the winter and the crisp, chilled imported lagers in the summer (any lager actually brewed in the UK tends to be a pale imitation of the original.) I'm even partial to a good cider! Sadly Guinness no longer agrees with me.
Back to top Go down
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Slevyas Grue

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:20 pm

LucindaLu wrote:
I've been PC gaming since the 8 bit days. Raised on D&D so I still have a soft spot for the Baldur's Gate style of adventure game that takes a hundred plus hours to complete.

Now yer talkin! I still play BG, as well as Icewind Dale. Just love those games and have yet to do Planescape, even though I'm over a decade behind. Did you ever play the SSI Dungeons&Dragons games like Pools of Darkness, Eye of the Beholder, etc?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brandonio17
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 10:08 pm

Fae got me playing the original Prince of Persia on NES again... yep... difficult. lol. But at least I made it to level 3.
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 4:53 am

I can't believe I didn't mention Metal Gear Solid earlier... All of them... fantastic (Except Raiden... what a pussbag).

I am ashamed.

Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Dustin Cropps on Tue May 18, 2010 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo McGee)
Back to top Go down
ebontide
Magnanimous Benefactor
Magnanimous Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:56 pm

I just grabbed Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption, eager to see how they play but I'm stuck on my ship until Thursday evening Sad

Someone save me
Back to top Go down
Selaroc
Selaroc

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 4:09 pm

@Dustin - The original Prince of Persia was actually one of the least forgiving games out there, to date. I beat it once, but only as a child, and haven't been able to do it again. And I have it on 5-1/4" floppies somewhere, as well. No way to play 'em now, though Neutral

Also, Deus Ex is indeed simply awesome. If you don't have a copy of this FPSRPG, GET IT. It will run on almost any system nowadays, and the gameplay is awesome! (Avoid Deus Ex 2 at all costs, though, unless you're *that* bored)
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 4:46 pm

ebontide wrote:
I just grabbed Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption, eager to see how they play but I'm stuck on my ship until Thursday evening Sad

Someone save me

You NEED to report back to me with your opinion on Alan Wake. I need to know how it is.
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 4:48 pm

@Sel,

I'm loving PoP right now. It's simplistic, yet, genius in design. you either run, jump, climb, drop, or tip toe... thats it. But the puzzles are great.

And I've heard great things about Deus Ex... You'd think with me having been a Gamestop Store Manager in the past, I would have checked this game out...
Back to top Go down
Selaroc
Selaroc

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:12 pm

I'm really currently interested in trying out Heavy Rain - I absolutely LOVED Indigo Prophecy, and this seems to follow the same gameplay Smile

Alas, I'll never be able to play Alan Wake - I don't have a 360, nor do I intend to ever get one.
Back to top Go down
ebontide
Magnanimous Benefactor
Magnanimous Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:16 pm

I just recently wrapped up heavy rain, I think it made indigo prophecy look like a joke. Smile
Back to top Go down
swith
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
swith

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:06 pm

Long time Game player. Memory Lane Trip of games I enjoyed.

Atari2600 -- Yars Revenge, Raiders of the Lost Ark, ET (prob the only person to ever enjoy the game and beat it sever times), Adventure, Video Pinball

Apple IIE -- Wizardry I-III, Zork I-III, Roadwar 2000, Castle Wolfenstein

8bit NES -- Metroid, Legend of Zelda, Kid Ikarus

IBM -- Any and all SSI AD&D and Buck Rogers turn-based RPGs. Not a fan of Eye of the Beholder or their other action based games. There was an amazing Dragon Flight sim who's name I can't recall. X-Wing! Civ I&II.

More Recently Things I play.
WoW -- Yeah that's realistically about it, huge time sink and I'm GM of a raiding guild. Ok I did play the heck out of Dragon Age: Origins, but have and intend to avoid DA: Awakenings. Still occasionally find the desire to play through some CivIV. LoZ haS caught my attention recently and I'm trying to get others to test it out.
Back to top Go down
swith
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
swith

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:12 pm

Oh Completely forgot about BEER! Odd as it is a rather near and dear hobby. I'm a huge Guiness fan. Though mostly I drink Sam Adams Boston Ale. My dirty little secret is I rather enjoy drinking a large quantity (meaning drank all at once in a large amount) of Mike's Hard Lemonade, nearly any of the flavors suffice. For such a fruity, sweet malt beverage the 5% ABV really requires quite a few to make it worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
Selaroc
Selaroc

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:22 pm

swith wrote:
My dirty little secret is I rather enjoy drinking a large quantity (meaning drank all at once in a large amount) of Mike's Hard Lemonade, nearly any of the flavors suffice.
I actually enjoy mass-drinking those as well, though the Jack Daniel punches are my personal favorite (as far as those drinks go.) There's a local brewery here that does an awesome hard apple cider, which reminds me..I need to pick some more of that up. My last party pig ran out Sad
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:57 pm

Swith! A man after my own heart! I'm a Guinness fan and Metroid fan. Loved Zelda as well... but Kid Icarus?? I got to level 2 ONCE. That IS the hardest game of all time. I don't know how anyone ENOYED it... I just got annoyed.
Back to top Go down
Selaroc
Selaroc

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:22 pm

Dustin Cropps wrote:
...but Kid Icarus?? I got to level 2 ONCE. That IS the hardest game of all time. I don't know how anyone ENOYED it... I just got annoyed.
I reserve that special place in my heart for Ninja Gaiden (1,2,3). I'll never forget those damn birds for as long as I live. Those were games meant to be beaten, not enjoyed. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:52 pm

Swith also enjoys Gaiaonline. I recognize that chibi a mile away.
Back to top Go down
swith
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
swith

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:36 am

GaiaOnline... No never tried that. Made this avatar 3-4yrs ago. Some random make a free toon avatar a Guildie posted. Kept a few versions of him around to use for any forums I joined.

Kid Ikarus was an amazing game. Terribly challenging at times, but FUN! Big issue was the lack of direction on where to go and what to do. You could easily end up in an area way too difficult early on with a wrong turn. Metroid had better ways with the power ups to make it much harder to get to far in the 'wrong' direction. Hmmn may need to MAME it sometime as my 8bit is in some closet some where.
Back to top Go down
aes
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 1:37 am

Dustin Cropps wrote:
I heard that Okami was really good. I have it on wii and I haven't played it yet. So many games I have to get to. which reminds me, I need to play Red Steel 2... I was one of the 3 people who liked the first game.

It is, only thing that I know turned some people off of it was the fact that some of the designs, and parts of the game play made them think of LoZ: Wind Waker (assuming they probably didn't like that either). I don't know. I just liked it for the music and because it was just plain beautiful.

@ Swith: Don't bother trying with GaiaOnline unless you happen to know people who are obscenely rich on that site and willing to send you lots of nice things. Other than that don't even bother with it. Maybe, I just have grown to dislike things, but the day they turned into a site which promotes spending absurd amounts of money for pixels was just the last day I bothered trying to play for gold and just focused on their MMORPG instead. Unless they come out with something worth the effort to make the money again.
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:04 am

I don't understand the hatred of Wind Waker... I think it was the fact that Link didn't get older and it was cartoony. people are so stupid. Link IS a child. He ONLY grew up in LoZ:OoT and that was it. It wasn't cannon to the series to have him get older. Most true Zelda fans LOVED Wind Waker and it brought out the innocence of the Child Hero and the art style complimented the series and gameplay 100%. I wish they would make a Wii sequel, as the DS sequels aren't as good as I feel they could be...

Now... Who's dying to play a new 2D sidescrolling Metroid game??
Back to top Go down
Selaroc
Selaroc

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:10 am

I was pissed that Wind Waker got cut short - I believe it was three dungeons that were completely cut out of the final game. I wished they'd go back and finish them, personally, but I doubt it'll ever happen Sad
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:41 pm

Just wanted to throw this out there... just had my first Yuengling... I can't believe i've wasted so much time on lesser beers. This stuff is like CANDY! I love it. Guinness is still number one to me, but this is fantastic stuff.... mmmmm
Back to top Go down
Selaroc
Selaroc

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:20 pm

I've never heard of it...what brewery is it out of?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.   Games, Games, and more Games... and beer. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Games, Games, and more Games... and beer.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next