Florian Lights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florian Lights

Fight to conquer. Conquer to rule. Rule to excel. As rulers, we show respect to our enemy and do not mock them in battle. For to do so is to show the mark of a weakened man, and not a true ruler. -Tidurian

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Braggin Rights!
Battle Taunts! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:47 pm by derfderf

» The Three Word game...
Battle Taunts! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 am by Jet Mattix

» Should we or shouldn't we?
Battle Taunts! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am by Anne05

» The Armoury has been reopened.
Battle Taunts! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 pm by Mr. Multiple

» Happy Thanksgiving Everybody
Battle Taunts! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 am by awesomest2.0

» Something sort of a Comment Box
Battle Taunts! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 pm by awesomest2.0

» Ads Now!?!
Battle Taunts! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 pm by awesomest2.0

» New Card? How to immediately Equip without wasting a point!
Battle Taunts! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:02 pm by Ayistromia

» wii games FC
Battle Taunts! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:38 pm by 44cheese

» wondering if my gear is good??
Battle Taunts! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:43 pm by awesomest2.0

Top posters
Ayistromia
Battle Taunts! I_vote_lcapBattle Taunts! I_voting_barBattle Taunts! I_vote_rcap 
Dustin Cropps
Slevyas Grue
Sylvaton
Anne05
iwantname
swith
Selaroc
Paeth
awesomest2.0

Battle Taunts!

Go down 
+2
iwantname
Sylvaton
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sylvaton
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Sylvaton

Battle Taunts! Empty
PostSubject: Battle Taunts!   Battle Taunts! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:06 am

Being a bear of very little brain, or at least limited creatively, I am having a hard time coming up with 15 unique and catchy battle taunts. Therefore, after 'Mia's example of tapping your brains for names, I'm throwing the taunts I have up here for y'all's perusal and suggestions for improvement. Of course, it probably goes without saying that I'm looking for ones that fit within the tone of our clan, whether humorous (which is what I'm usually aiming for) or not. A lot of my earliest taunts doubled as last words for my characters, or were ambiguous enough to serve as both, since the only time I saw them was when I died, and I wasn't doing any PvP.

JimoftheEast: "Next time I won't be so lucky! ...wait, that didn't come out right..."
MortTheWart: "You had that coming after what you said about my mother."1
Wanda Clay: "Ha! You snivel--What do you mean, I only get 80 characters for my taunt?"2
Mirea: "Oooo, that's going to be sore tomorrow."
Freebleblox3: "Will you be my huckleberry?"4
Wiley Snipes: "It tastes of... strawberries."5
Mayasiri: "Oh dear...Is that supposed to be hanging out like that?"
Hobart Hughes: "This is what happens when you don't listen to your mother."
Harmony Flats: "Wait, is that your blood or mine? Yours? Good. Well, not for you, obviously..."6
Hugh Genose: "Not bad for a skinny little geek, huh?"
Lance Kipling: "Pro tip -- all that red stuff is supposed to stay inside."
Hugo Green: "Did you *really* think that would work?"
Becca Green: "Oh, this outfit is ruined! How am I going to get all this blood out?"7
Amanda Dagon (also known as "Dagon the Dragon" -- to me, at least): "Oh, jeez... My manicure is a wreck now."
Mort Gage8: "I woke up for *this*?"

Whew... well, that's the lot. As you can see, some are okay, some are kind of weak, and some are just missing... something. If any of y'all have suggestions (or even want to share your favorite taunt you've created/been taunted with), let me have 'em.

1 This is a Legend of the Green Dragon reference -- one of the daily news messages you see when someone dies is "(character) really had that coming to him after what I said about his mom." However, I didn't like the way the original sounded as a taunt, it was, I dunno, too mean or something.
2 I came up with this right after finding out "I'm trying to think of a more sophisticated way of saying "Nyah, nyah, I beat you" and failing" was over the 80 character limit -- which, until that moment, I didn't even know existed. I'm still irked that I can't use that one. :/
3 My example of the names I come up with when I run out of names. Razz
4 Surely I don't have to tell you this is from Tombstone?
5 BtVS reference.
6 78 characters, baby! Very Happy
7 Yes, 'Mia -- this one and the one following were shamelessly inspired by your "Oh, I broke a nail" taunt. At least I didn't rip it off verbatim.
8 Another example of me running dry for names, and forgetting that I already had a Mort.
Back to top Go down
iwantname
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
iwantname

Battle Taunts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Taunts!   Battle Taunts! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:26 am

lol these taunts are lol
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Battle Taunts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Taunts!   Battle Taunts! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:43 am

I have a few that have the same taunt "I have conquered thee in the name of Puppies and TOAST!"
And recently... "Nothing personal, you understand"
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

Battle Taunts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Taunts!   Battle Taunts! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:26 am

Well, idk about battle taunts, but when my Alt, Simon N Grfnkl is defeated, he says "Hello Darkness, my old friend."
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/clan/clan?id=1727
Anne05
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
Anne05

Battle Taunts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Taunts!   Battle Taunts! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 12:06 pm

One of mine said. If at first you don't succeed maybe failure is more your style but recently have changed them to say something to the effect of "Nothing personal just trying to make some coin"
Back to top Go down
derfderf
Florian Member
Florian Member
derfderf

Battle Taunts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Taunts!   Battle Taunts! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 1:40 am

I was also thinking along the "nothing personal just need the money" line.
But something like ...
Smashed for cash.
Back to top Go down
Sylvaton
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Sylvaton

Battle Taunts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Taunts!   Battle Taunts! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 2:46 am

I use the same routine battling for all my characters, so I do like to have separate taunts for each one. This means some poor schmoe doesn't get 5 e-mails saying "So-and-so beat you in a fight" and they mysteriously all have the same taunt! (wooWOOOOOwoooWOoooooo*)

BTW, just for information purposes, said routine goes like this: Go to Battle Page. Go to "Full List of Opponents". Go to last page of list. Start with last person on page that I'm eligible to fight, check stats, see if I can beat them. If yes, then fight, if no, check next name. Rinse and repeat.

Hey, I said it was a routine, I said nothing about it being a particularly clever one. Going to the last page of opponents, in case it's not obvious, is so that I'm fighting people +4 ranks higher than me, which I will continue to do until a character gets the "It's Not Size That Matters..." trophy, at which point that character goes to fighting whoever shows up on the "Suggested Opponents" list instead. But, yeah, it means that with 15 characters, many of whom are at the same level, I'm fighting the same people 3 and 4 times a day. Bad enough your character gets 3 battle losses a day without me making it look like I'm deliberately farming you for some reason. >.<

*- that was supposed to be "eerie music sound effect, in case you couldn't tell
Back to top Go down
Anne05
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
Anne05

Battle Taunts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Taunts!   Battle Taunts! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 8:46 am

Changing them for your purposes make sense. If I get into a tit for tat with someone in the furture I'll probably change them to make a point but otherwise the "just trying to make some coin" line keeps me from coming across like an a-hole.
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Battle Taunts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Taunts!   Battle Taunts! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 8:35 pm

On my new toons:
Hugh Von Som More!? <Hugh Von Som>
Thank you for your generous donation of Fame! <Flank N. Rank>
It's all the same to me... <Marla Singer>
Nom Nom! Delicious like your SOUL! <Candy Carnivore>
Spank you very much! <Siouxi Spanks>

I might attempt to think up something clever on my others, and if/when I do, will be posting them here forthwith.
Back to top Go down
Sylvaton
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Sylvaton

Battle Taunts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Taunts!   Battle Taunts! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 12:20 am

Ayistromia wrote:

Nom Nom! Delicious like your SOUL! <Candy Carnivore>

Hee! I like this one especially. And not just because it was one of the names I suggested.
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Battle Taunts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Taunts!   Battle Taunts! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 12:26 am

I actually say that often in real life, to describe something particularly nummy. I first coined the phrase while playing my warlock on WoW and it looked like I was eating their souls... Then the macro, which bled into real life, which is now the battle taunt you see today. I thought it was fitting for Candy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Battle Taunts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Taunts!   Battle Taunts! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle Taunts!
Page 1 of 1