Florian Lights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florian Lights

Fight to conquer. Conquer to rule. Rule to excel. As rulers, we show respect to our enemy and do not mock them in battle. For to do so is to show the mark of a weakened man, and not a true ruler. -Tidurian

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Braggin Rights!
Introductions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:47 pm by derfderf

» The Three Word game...
Introductions I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 am by Jet Mattix

» Should we or shouldn't we?
Introductions I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am by Anne05

» The Armoury has been reopened.
Introductions I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 pm by Mr. Multiple

» Happy Thanksgiving Everybody
Introductions I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 am by awesomest2.0

» Something sort of a Comment Box
Introductions I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 pm by awesomest2.0

» Ads Now!?!
Introductions I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 pm by awesomest2.0

» New Card? How to immediately Equip without wasting a point!
Introductions I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:02 pm by Ayistromia

» wii games FC
Introductions I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:38 pm by 44cheese

» wondering if my gear is good??
Introductions I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:43 pm by awesomest2.0

Top posters
Ayistromia
Introductions I_vote_lcapIntroductions I_voting_barIntroductions I_vote_rcap 
Dustin Cropps
Slevyas Grue
Sylvaton
Anne05
iwantname
swith
Selaroc
Paeth
awesomest2.0

Introductions

Go down 
+46
UncleSmoochie
nerb
quiltgirl
Wrex
Borris Gizzard
Paeth
iwantname
Crayne
derfderf
Kolic
ajnla1
Sea Monkey 001
Zikrio
Xeike
adrenalynn
dawneclipse
Sylvaton
Captian Jim
RadRangerRuss
Mad God
phantomcasper
Anne05
toobit
liquorice
akre77
Niela
DietEvil
aes
m0nde
Ellaura
Duraxyll
Destiny Cropps
Teshla
Mason Blake
Dr. Saxton
carriezim
ebontide
SmokeyGurl
Faelana
Ayistromia
Selaroc
Danny B
Jet Mattix
phillipgreen24
Slevyas Grue
Dustin Cropps
50 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Introductions   Introductions I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:33 pm

How about it?

Most of you know me. I am the second leader of the Florian Lights. Tidurian, our original leader, was eaten by a rather large pack of Grue one day while adventuring (or quit because he was under tons of real life stress) and the clan was handed down to me.

I'm a married father of two from Florida, US. I obviously play games. Lots of them. And I enjoy cooking.

I also enjoy long walks on the beach, sunsets, wine, pina coladas and gettin' caught in the rain. tongue
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/clan/clan?id=1727
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Slevyas Grue

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: There are 69,105 leaves here.   Introductions I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:26 pm

I'm Brandon and I live in New Zealand although I'm originally from the state of Virginia. As with the rest of you, I was a huge fan of Infocom games when I was a kid and was especially proud of solving Zork III without the use of InvisiClues! Sadly, I needed those for most of the other Infocom games...

I also won a "New Zork Times" Puzzle Contest once, and had a T-shirt for years before it finally became too tattered and faded from repeated wearing.

It's a thrill to re-connect with Zork and the G.U.E. again, especially with other like-minded fans.

Will be fun playing in this clan, I think! afro

http://www.myspace.com/brandonio17

Last edited by Slevyas Grue on Wed May 12, 2010 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brandonio17
phillipgreen24
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:44 pm

Hello. My name is Phil. I stumbled upon this game from Gamestop, and I've been enjoying it so far. What part of Florida are you from, Dustin? I live in Riverview, about 10 minutes from Tampa. Small world. Great clan, very nice and helpful clanmates Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jet Mattix
Florian Member
Florian Member
Jet Mattix

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:32 pm

new zeland, florida, virgina. where ever the hell i may roam.

i fel confortable with this hopefully vastly growing U.N of a group. good on you on geting the clan specific site up and running.
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:08 am

phillipgreen24 wrote:
What part of Florida are you from, Dustin? I live in Riverview, about 10 minutes from Tampa.
Just outside of Jacksonville. I am down by you a few times a year. I go to New Port Richey and Tarpon Springs quite often.
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:11 am

Slevyas Grue wrote:
I'm Brandon and I live in New Zealand although I'm originally from the state of Virginia. As with the rest of you, I was a huge fan of Infocom games when I was a kid and was especially proud of solving Zork III without the use of InvisiClues! Sadly, I needed those for most of the other Infocom games...

I also won a "New Zork Times" Puzzle Contest once, and had a T-shirt for years before it finally became too tattered and faded from repeated wearing.

It's a thrill to re-connect with Zork and the G.U.E. again, especially with other like-minded fans.

Will be fun playing in this clan, I think! afro
I'm a new Zork fan, myself. I didn't play them when they were new, but I play them now and I love them.
Back to top Go down
Danny B
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:13 am

I am Danny. I live in Huntsville, AL.

I enjoy music, friends, video games. I also started playing this game due to an email from GameStop. Maybe they aren't the anti-christ of video games after all....lol. Really enjoying it so far. Much better than any of the games on Face book.
Back to top Go down
Selaroc
Selaroc

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:26 pm

Haha, while I never played any of the Zork games back in the day (My father wouldn't let me at the time) - I did get to play the Leather Goddess' of Phobos. That was quite a kick Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:02 pm

Hi, I'm Mia, also from Florida, only in Panama City area (actually north of there, where there are no such things as street lights and paved roads, but no one knows where Kynesville is).

I have been travelling for quite some many years, from Ecuador to Iceland, England, Romania, France, and Holland, and now I'm back where I grew up because my mother is ill and needs a care taker. I have always been a gamer, and used to love the zork texters, but Nemesis blew my mind, because I'm kind of Goth, and this was the first game that tickled my gothyness AND my gamer side too.

Other than that, I like whiskey neat, I cheat at pool, I swim better than I walk, Dance better than I swim. And this is Your Truly.

Introductions Bethany-Eye

Last edited by Ayistromia on Tue May 11, 2010 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:37 pm

Ayistromia wrote:
Hi, I'm Mia, also from Florida, only in Panama City area (actually north of there, where there are no such things as street lights and paved roads, but no one knows where Kynesville is).

I have been travelling for quite some many years, from Ecuador to Iceland, England, Romania, France, and Holland, and now I'm back where I grew up because my mother is ill and needs a care taker. I have always been a gamer, and used to love the zork texters, but Nemesis blew my mind, because I'm kind of Goth, and this was the first game that tickled my gothyness AND my gamer side too.

Other than that, I like whiskey neat, I cheat at pool, I swim better than I walk, Dance better than I swim. And this is Your Truly.
Introductions Bethany-Eye
I'm just impressed that you managed to get a shot of yourself from that angle in a vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:43 pm

my boyfriend at the time was trying to get a boob shot. I saw movement and caught the camera just as he clicked that pic.
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:06 pm

Obviously a failed attempt... ... unfortunately.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:09 pm

Changed the image previous image, which had been edited, to edit this edit with this
Introductions Dance213
Back to top Go down
Selaroc
Selaroc

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:21 pm

Name's Rob, and I live in Alaska. Yep. Alaska.

I really only play LoZ and Halflife: Team Fortress Classic with any regularity - Once in a while I'm found playing Guitar Hero or any old Japanese RPG (Dragon Quests, Final Fantasy 1-6, Shin Megami Tensei, etc.) I consider myself a retro-gamer, having grown up on an Atari 2600 and an Amiga (Lode Runner FTW) - and, before anyone else asks, yes...I have a copy of E.T. on the atari - possibly the worst game ever made.

Other than that, I like to heavy backpack, long walks on the beach, and margaritas at sunset. And the cold - Can't handle temperatures above ~65 Farenheit.

Cheers, everyone!
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:27 pm

Selaroc wrote:
Name's Rob, and I live in Alaska. Yep. Alaska.

I really only play LoZ and Halflife: Team Fortress Classic with any regularity - Once in a while I'm found playing Guitar Hero or any old Japanese RPG (Dragon Quests, Final Fantasy 1-6, Shin Megami Tensei, etc.) I consider myself a retro-gamer, having grown up on an Atari 2600 and an Amiga (Lode Runner FTW) - and, before anyone else asks, yes...I have a copy of E.T. on the atari - possibly the worst game ever made.

Other than that, I like to heavy backpack, long walks on the beach, and margaritas at sunset. And the cold - Can't handle temperatures above ~65 Farenheit.

Cheers, everyone!

So you have a copy of E.T. that wasn't buried in the Nevada Desert. Collectors. lol.
Back to top Go down
Faelana
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:36 pm

Hi,

I'm Vidya, and live in Texas, though I'm originally from India. I love games of all kinds, but my favourite video game of all time is Prince if Persia, I've played it since it first came out from Broderbund on 51/4" floppies Wink. And yes, I'm excited about the movie.

I found Legends of Zork via GameStop but now that I think of it, I believe I have an InfoCom version of it on my Mac. I am a completely noob to the RPG genre - I can't get my head around Final Fantasy at all! - but I think I'm going to have fun with this one.

When I'm not "gaming", you can find me knitting, beading, or just hanging out with my RL clan: hubby & my two fur babies Wink. But I'm looking forward to hanging out with this one too Smile

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:08 pm

Love knitting ^_^

I might post photos when I get them of my wrappers and caps. I have so much work to do come this winter, i'm like affraid when I see my project basket and binder book (I keep my patterns listed, with scraps of yarn intended to make each one. that way I never go overboard buying yarn)
Back to top Go down
SmokeyGurl
SmokeyGurl

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: It's me...Smokey!   Introductions I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 1:47 am

I'm Dawn but PLEASE call me Smokey!
One of my first PC games was Zork!! Don't remember which one exactly...a cool "click to explore mystery" one...
I've played ALOT of PC games since and sh*tloads of online MMORPGs as well...still do actually! Currently WYD/Supreme Destiny, Last Chaos & Perfect World... Smile
This is more about me... me on Netlog
or me on Myspace
Back to top Go down
http://en.netlog.com/SmokeyDawn
ebontide
Magnanimous Benefactor
Magnanimous Benefactor

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:01 pm

I'm Jeremy, 24, originally from South Carolina. Joined the Navy, now I'm quite literally everywhere. I'm fairly quiet. Nice to meet you all.
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:15 pm

ebontide wrote:
I'm Jeremy, 24, originally from South Carolina. Joined the Navy, now I'm quite literally everywhere. I'm fairly quiet. Nice to meet you all.
Nice to meet you!
Back to top Go down
carriezim
Florian Adept
Florian Adept

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:42 pm

Hello, I go by my screen name Carrie. It's a name I've used on the net for years just as a safety thing. Cause I was surfing the net when I was a kid and it was a lot scarier of a place. But that was years ago when I was in my early teens.

I am currently 24, and I've lived in several places with out being an army brat. I started off living in Northern Indiana near Noter Dame. Then I lived in Tampa Florida for about 5 years, just off of the Hillsborough River for you Florida people. Now I'm in the Nashville area dealing with the lovely flood. I was lucky and my house was spared, but cars and garage gone.

Any way I got into Legends of Zork for that chance for the free games. But I'll be sticking around longer than that because I'm liking the game. It's different than what I normally do on the net. I'm an avid RPer, I love to write and wish to be published. So yeah that's about all there is to me. *shurgs*
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:20 am

Writing is a major passion of mine... funny though, reading really isn't. I don't like reading and very VERY few authors grab my attention. Chuck Palahniuk being my all time favorite with Dan Brown behind him.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Saxton
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee
Dr. Saxton

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 7:20 pm

And I just noticed the intro page, so I'm sorry that I'm late about this.

My name is Larissa. 19. I just finished my first year at Colorado State University. I'm from Colorado. I'm not much of an online gamer ... I prefer systems (especially from Nintendo) . I heard about LoZ from GameStop, they gave me a card thingy. I'm hoping against all hope to win the free games, I think my life would be complete if that were to happen haha.

Anyway if you're interested I guess I'll put some info about myself. I'm an English major w/ creative writing concentration. I love politics and marching band ... and I guess video games too, but I'm sure that's assumed. And I know how lame this sounds, but I'm on Facebook if you'd like to be friends on there (just let me know you're from LoZ).

End?
Back to top Go down
Mason Blake
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 3:00 pm

Hello, Sailor!

Mason, here. I've been exploring the GUE for quite a while now--ever since the first 3D game in the franchise came out. I must say, this current incarnation is somewhat of a "Zork Lite" imho, but I'll give it a thorough chance.

See you out there!
Back to top Go down
Teshla
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 3:55 pm

I am from Lithuania.
Map reference:
Introductions Lithuania-map

I like good food, I do not drink, but I smoke. I am a beginner game developer, I do stuff with flash I am interested in visual arts a lot, although I do not do them myself. I'm finishing school this year. I enjoy to work a little at various places even if I don't get paid. I have some barbaric habits (chewing pens and pencils, using teeth to hold some stuff when I'm rummaging through my backpack for stuff, start dancing or jumping around at random). I love interesting conversations about universal virtues, art, meaning of life, politics sometimes. I am always dressed in dark colors (black, grey, dark blue, sometimes dark red), at some point I was acting goth and dystopical, but now I'm not like that, I just simply got used to this clothing and I feel uneasy if I'm in bright colors. I don't enjoy being in large crowds, but I love one on one conversations with people, I have a lot of friends, because I have easy time approaching people and talking with them. I like Animation in general, but I am not neck deep in watching Anime. I like gaming, my top priorites in games are the mood and the story. I am patriotic, I dislike people who emigrate for the sole reason of searching an easier life, although I have no problems with those who leave because it's the only way for them to achieve their goal (for example people who leave to study race car mechanics, because there are no such studies here). I like various music. I have little interest in pop, but I am not against it, I simply don't care. That is all. Boring, wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.3j.lt
Sponsored content

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introductions
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Florian Lights :: General Discussion :: The Tavern-
Jump to: