Florian Lights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florian Lights

Fight to conquer. Conquer to rule. Rule to excel. As rulers, we show respect to our enemy and do not mock them in battle. For to do so is to show the mark of a weakened man, and not a true ruler. -Tidurian

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Braggin Rights!
Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:47 pm by derfderf

» The Three Word game...
Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 am by Jet Mattix

» Should we or shouldn't we?
Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am by Anne05

» The Armoury has been reopened.
Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 pm by Mr. Multiple

» Happy Thanksgiving Everybody
Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 am by awesomest2.0

» Something sort of a Comment Box
Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 pm by awesomest2.0

» Ads Now!?!
Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 pm by awesomest2.0

» New Card? How to immediately Equip without wasting a point!
Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:02 pm by Ayistromia

» wii games FC
Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:38 pm by 44cheese

» wondering if my gear is good??
Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:43 pm by awesomest2.0

Top posters
Ayistromia
Introductions - Page 4 I_vote_lcapIntroductions - Page 4 I_voting_barIntroductions - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 
Dustin Cropps
Introductions - Page 4 I_vote_lcapIntroductions - Page 4 I_voting_barIntroductions - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 
Slevyas Grue
Sylvaton
Anne05
iwantname
swith
Selaroc
Paeth
awesomest2.0

Introductions

Go down 
+46
UncleSmoochie
nerb
quiltgirl
Wrex
Borris Gizzard
Paeth
iwantname
Crayne
derfderf
Kolic
ajnla1
Sea Monkey 001
Zikrio
Xeike
adrenalynn
dawneclipse
Sylvaton
Captian Jim
RadRangerRuss
Mad God
phantomcasper
Anne05
toobit
liquorice
akre77
Niela
DietEvil
aes
m0nde
Ellaura
Duraxyll
Destiny Cropps
Teshla
Mason Blake
Dr. Saxton
carriezim
ebontide
SmokeyGurl
Faelana
Ayistromia
Selaroc
Danny B
Jet Mattix
phillipgreen24
Slevyas Grue
Dustin Cropps
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Captian Jim
Florian Adept
Florian Adept
Captian Jim

Introductions - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:28 am

Yo. I am a lurker. Not much to say. New to Zork. Didn't like it at first (did it 2nd to gamestop) but by the time I got to 15 was hooked, Good luck to every body.
Back to top Go down
Mad God
Florian Adept
Florian Adept
Mad God

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:40 am

Thanks. Welcome aboard. ^ ^
Back to top Go down
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Slevyas Grue

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 2:21 am

Dustin Cropps wrote:
@Slevyas: I think you saw that message often. lol.

Yep! I learned to save my game early and often Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brandonio17
Sylvaton
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Sylvaton

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 4:31 am

Hi, I'm Joe from North Carolina, and just because there's such a large number of sailors here I suppose I should mention that I'm former Marine Corps Reserve.

Yes, I went to Parris Island in 1980, and no, I don't want to play "my boot camp was tougher than yours." Even if mine was. :=D

Other than that, I'm married, turning 50 this year, have a son who despite the urging of his uncle (former Marine, fought in Vietnam), aunt (retired Air Force) and father, is joining the Marines in October. He plans to make a career out of this. His mother is not a happy camper right now. I work as a help desk tech on the graveyard shift, so I'm usually on LoZ sometime between midnight and noon, generally twice a day as I enjoy the game so much that I used one of my many many e-mail accounts to start a second group of alts. Not only that, but I dragooned my son and wife into making accounts.

I owned a few Infocom games back in the day, but I was never really good enough at figuring out their creative problem-solving approach to win them.
Back to top Go down
dawneclipse
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee
dawneclipse

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 4:38 pm

Hello good people =)

My name is Kristine, I'm from Norway (yes, that cold country).
Right now I have just finished my third year at uni, and taking a bachelor in mediatecnology next fall. Though most likely, I'll end up as a teacher, just like my mum.

I have never tried any Zork games before, but hey, everything has to be done once, right? :p
Back to top Go down
Mad God
Florian Adept
Florian Adept
Mad God

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 4:40 pm

Too true! Welcome to Zork and the Florian Lights! ^-^
Back to top Go down
dawneclipse
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee
dawneclipse

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 4:43 pm

Thank you =) I think I will have a good time here =D
Back to top Go down
adrenalynn
Florian Member
Florian Member

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Hey guys.

I am Daniel, I am 26 and I am an addict... at least I think I am. And at the moment I think I am kinda addicted to browsergames in general an Zork in particular. Looks like it got some depths and some nice people to chat with. Smile

I am German, but living in Ireland at the moment and planning my 3 month vacation to New York at the end of the year right now so uhm... that's it for the moment - hope to have a lil chat soon. *waves
Back to top Go down
Anne05
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
Anne05

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:00 pm

Welcome to the Lights!
Back to top Go down
Xeike
Florian Member
Florian Member
Xeike

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:26 pm

Oh I'm game... XD

I'm Xeike from Washington state, USA. Yes, I'm the lame sort of person who uses their real name for everything including their game characters(from Eternal Eyes to Harvest Moon to Zork...)... mostly because no one ever believes it is my real name. Even when I show them my mail. XD

I'm 23, very down-to-earth... I'm a fire performer, a really crappy artist, aspiring novelist(I've completed several but they just sit on my hard drive and collect space because I'm too big of a sissy to share them with anyone), and I've been an animal trainer for about twelve years now. Yes, I know that the math on that equates to starting when I was 11 - and I did. I trained my neighbors' dogs all up and down my street for about $5 a session.

Let's see, I'm just recently getting out of breeding exotic snakes (various color and pattern morphs of ball pythons, common boa constrictors, hog island boas, and several common species of USA-native colubrids).

I currently live on a farm, making cheese from my dairy goats to sell at the SCA events I attend several times a year. Yes, I'm a Renaissance junkie.

My fiance is a heavy fighter in the SCA, so I'm glad to announce that my man truly is a knight(well, not yet, but close enough) in shining armor(stainless steel ftw). Our wedding is going to be later this year. It shall be... for lack of any more appropriate term... Epic.

Also - I thoroughly enjoy gin and tonic, long island iced teas, blackberry margaritas, and a cool barstool to share with my girlfriend at preferably dive bars. The atmosphere is just so much better. Smile

Introductions - Page 4 SN156170

Contrary to what the shirt LOOKS like it says at first glance, it says "gore not core".
Introductions - Page 4 SN154888
Back to top Go down
Mad God
Florian Adept
Florian Adept
Mad God

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:07 pm

Awe, but that would make a great anti-drug commercial. =D
But then the anti-violence people will be scrambling to promote harmony. xD
Back to top Go down
Xeike
Florian Member
Florian Member
Xeike

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:09 pm

Ha ha - Yeah that's a typical late evening around my place... Any time I lay down for a nap or anything, both dogs and both cats jump up to find a part of me to snuggle on. XD

Which is one of the reasons I love that shirt... It's so ironic when I wear it. hehe
Back to top Go down
RadRangerRuss
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee
RadRangerRuss

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:12 pm

@ sleyvas: Yes I do remember the message and thankfully here we just return to base. @Dustin: I have played courses in Kentucky, Visitied a course at Lake Tahoe, and others on-line via PDGA.com, and several courses here in Kansas. Sure is easier to tote a few discs than a ball golf bag. My brother got me into the game many moons ago but I have not improved. All the baskets are par three here and like you I figure four is a good score. Mostly go out just to be in nature at a park with a lake here. They actually have three tournaments a year in different parks here but I have never entered. Would just be giving my money away. So now off to make some zorkmids.
Back to top Go down
Zikrio
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee
Zikrio

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 6:54 am

Hello!

I, er, finally just noticed a little number next to the inbox on LoZ, haha! I live in Washington State, one of the many poor saps looking for a job and spending the wee hours of the morning burning time on LoZ. Oddly enough I like the adventuring part the most -- it's like a surprise!

...even if said surprise happens to be "you were defeated by a dragon." Staff of Jennifer, I shall have y-oooh! Shiny! Bbl, shiny thing calls. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mad God
Florian Adept
Florian Adept
Mad God

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:41 am

*Giggles at Zikrio's DP.*
Welcome to the Florian Lights, friend. ^ ^

Oh, and shiny things, ftw!
Back to top Go down
Sea Monkey 001
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee
Sea Monkey 001

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:02 am

Hello everyone, my name is Lucas and I am recently married with a kid on the way. I live in the central part of Illinois called Peoria and enjoy it. I work at the place some of you got the LoZ card from (GameStop). I am getting ready to go back to school and get my degree in Business Administration.
Back to top Go down
Sylvaton
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Sylvaton

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:47 am

Welcome aboard! You'll have a full row to how with going to school and raising a kid, I wish you the best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Anne05
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
Anne05

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 3:04 pm

Welcome aboard Lucas! Congrats on the baby!
Back to top Go down
ajnla1
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 6:06 pm

Hail, Clan!

Names AJ and I live within 10 miles of phillipgreen24 (Brandon, FL). I work for a local grocery chain (Publix) recently voted Fortune 100 Smile.

Have a wife (Laura) and dtr (Teegan). Dtr is big time into dancing at Judy's Dance Academy..

Thank you for the invite and I hope to never have to figure out the LOUD room with metal bar and/or how to slam my head into the wall to get the Babelfish to land in it...

Happy Hunting!
Back to top Go down
Slevyas Grue
Florian Lord
Florian Lord
Slevyas Grue

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 7:15 pm

Welcome to Florian Lights, AJ. So funny about the LOUD room - that drove me crazy for days trying to figure out!

The less said about the Babel Fish the better, although I take a tiny amount of pride in knowing that's the only part of that game I ever solved on my own. For the rest, I needed the InvisiClues
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brandonio17
Anne05
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
Anne05

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:13 pm

Welcome to the team AJ. Glad to have you with us. Make yourself at home look around a bit and join in the convos when you feel comfortable. Friend as many of us as you see fit and we'll go on some group adventures.
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 10:48 pm

God, I love Publix. Some of the best (if not THE best) customer service I have ever seen. lol. Welcome, everyone I haven't talked to yet!
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/clan/clan?id=1727
Destiny Cropps
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee
Destiny Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 10:53 pm

Dustin Cropps wrote:
God, I love Publix. Some of the best (if not THE best) customer service I have ever seen. lol. Welcome, everyone I haven't talked to yet!
Of course their have the best. They only hire the best Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kolic
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:30 am

So hey, I'm Josh and stuff. I'm from Georgia (town too small to mention) and I'm another statistic-er, player from the Gamestop promotion. For some reason I kept playing past level 15. I guess the game was fun or something.

Thanks for inviting me, so...what can I do with/for the guild?
Back to top Go down
Anne05
Florian High Honor
Florian High Honor
Anne05

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:43 am

Welcome Josh! You can check out the clan armory you can chat with us here and if you friend the clan members through Zork we can go on group adventures
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introductions
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Florian Lights :: General Discussion :: The Tavern-
Jump to: