Florian Lights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florian Lights

Fight to conquer. Conquer to rule. Rule to excel. As rulers, we show respect to our enemy and do not mock them in battle. For to do so is to show the mark of a weakened man, and not a true ruler. -Tidurian

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Braggin Rights!
Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:47 pm by derfderf

» The Three Word game...
Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 am by Jet Mattix

» Should we or shouldn't we?
Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am by Anne05

» The Armoury has been reopened.
Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 pm by Mr. Multiple

» Happy Thanksgiving Everybody
Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 am by awesomest2.0

» Something sort of a Comment Box
Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 pm by awesomest2.0

» Ads Now!?!
Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 pm by awesomest2.0

» New Card? How to immediately Equip without wasting a point!
Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:02 pm by Ayistromia

» wii games FC
Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:38 pm by 44cheese

» wondering if my gear is good??
Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:43 pm by awesomest2.0

Top posters
Ayistromia
Introductions - Page 2 I_vote_lcapIntroductions - Page 2 I_voting_barIntroductions - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Dustin Cropps
Introductions - Page 2 I_vote_lcapIntroductions - Page 2 I_voting_barIntroductions - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Slevyas Grue
Sylvaton
Anne05
iwantname
swith
Selaroc
Paeth
awesomest2.0

Introductions

Go down 
+46
UncleSmoochie
nerb
quiltgirl
Wrex
Borris Gizzard
Paeth
iwantname
Crayne
derfderf
Kolic
ajnla1
Sea Monkey 001
Zikrio
Xeike
adrenalynn
dawneclipse
Sylvaton
Captian Jim
RadRangerRuss
Mad God
phantomcasper
Anne05
toobit
liquorice
akre77
Niela
DietEvil
aes
m0nde
Ellaura
Duraxyll
Destiny Cropps
Teshla
Mason Blake
Dr. Saxton
carriezim
ebontide
SmokeyGurl
Faelana
Ayistromia
Selaroc
Danny B
Jet Mattix
phillipgreen24
Slevyas Grue
Dustin Cropps
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

Introductions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 4:50 pm

Not at all boring! WELCOME to the Florians!

I have some family in Romania, far to the south of you, I know, but you're closer to them than I am now... Not Gypsies, my family... Just felt the need to clarify that. Your habits aren't barbaric to me, I have much of the same, only I chew on straws. the plastic kind, or else cinnamon sticks.
Gothic subculture didn't start out being depressed or anti-social, we actually kind of started out being attracted to the Visi-GOTH era in art, architecture, and poetry. thus the name. The main feeling throughout was that mankind was evil, and all was hopeless, the feelings came out in the music, and from there spread to the modern "goth" industrial that you hear today. I personally wear shockingly bright colors, in all jewel tones, but accent in black. I still consider myself a Goth.
And it's ok to dislike people for whatever reason. I dislike most people that I have to smile at on a daily basis, and pretend that they're the most important thing in my current existence. It has become a game I play... Blend in with the masses.
Back to top Go down
Destiny Cropps
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee
Destiny Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 5:01 pm

Hey Everyone!! I am Destiny Cropps. I am Dustin Cropps' Wife. He has finally convinced me to play. I am not usually into all this stuff but I am willing to give it a shot.

Last edited by Destiny Cropps on Fri May 14, 2010 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 5:05 pm

HELLO the wifey of Dustin! Glad to have you! Hopefully you like the game, it's awesome to have gaming in common. Love the avi. Jack is the coolness.

Does this mean I get to harass you too? *evil grin*
Back to top Go down
Destiny Cropps
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee
Destiny Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 6:10 pm

Sure harass away
Back to top Go down
Jet Mattix
Florian Member
Florian Member
Jet Mattix

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 6:25 pm

Destiny Cropps wrote:
Sure harass away

pandora's BOX! what HAVE YOU DONE!!!?
Back to top Go down
Destiny Cropps
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee
Destiny Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Jet Mattix wrote:
Destiny Cropps wrote:
Sure harass away

pandora's BOX! what HAVE YOU DONE!!!?
We shall see
Back to top Go down
Duraxyll
Florian Member
Florian Member

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 10:09 pm

Hi, my name is Phil, 25, and I am from New York. I also joined this game because of the Gamestop thing. I like this game so far. Nice to meet you all.
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 10:26 pm

Hi there Phil, thanks for joining up!
Back to top Go down
Ellaura
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee
Ellaura

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 11:01 pm

Hello there, my name is Sara, I'm from New Jersey. I'm 24, enjoy art, music, reading, video games. Just wanted to say hi!
Back to top Go down
m0nde
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 1:08 am

hi, i'm m0nde and i live in canada. not much more to say right now except, "hello".
Back to top Go down
aes
Florian Trainee
Florian Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 1:09 am

My name is really not important so Aes will have to do. I'm a 20-year-old Canadian art student on vacation.

Ehhh... like a lot of people here I play video games (loving Ninja Gaiden 2, and replaying both Assassins Creed games, at the moment). Other than that I'm a very boring person who sits there and reads, draws, and watching Discovery/History channel when I don't feel like playing on the computer or 360/wii.

Nice to meet you all. =]

Edit: ha ha.. another person from Canada posted while I was writing this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 6:38 am

Greetings! I am an American expatriate currently working in Taipei, Taiwan. Happy to be part of the team.
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 11:09 am

Hey guys, it's really cool to hear from all of you. Looks like we have tons of people from all around the world. Happy to have you guys on the team!
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/clan/clan?id=1727
DietEvil
Florian Member
Florian Member
DietEvil

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:04 pm

Hello everyone.

I'm Josh. I'm in the US Navy and currently I live in Monterey, California. It's nice to meet you all.
Back to top Go down
ebontide
Magnanimous Benefactor
Magnanimous Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:07 pm

Hey Josh, what rate? I'm on a frigate down in San Diego, I'm IT.

Smokey is an ex-corpsman turned lovesick pup. :p
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:15 pm

So many squids! I don't have anything against Navy particularly, just one single sailor.

I was formerly married to one, who now lives in San Diego, an entire country away from me, and yet, I still feel like it's too close.
Back to top Go down
ebontide
Magnanimous Benefactor
Magnanimous Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:17 pm

And just for clarification, I've never been married, though I am a squid in San Diego. :p
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:23 pm

Oh gawd. you wouldn't happen to know anyone named Napoleon would you? If so, I am truly sorry for your misfortune.

Although, to be fair, the man was very loyal to his friends. An asshole, sure, but a LOYAL one.

Back to top Go down
DietEvil
Florian Member
Florian Member
DietEvil

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:25 pm

I'm in school for CTI right now. I might not make it at the rate that I am going. The school is rather difficult and I don't have a lot of talent for language.

It's nice to meet fellow sailors who aren't in the same field.

And sorry to hear that you had a bad time with one of ours, Ayistromia.
Back to top Go down
Ayistromia
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Ayistromia

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:28 pm

It's alright. Shit happens.

STAY IN CTI! It's a good rate, cushy jobs, low stress... If you have to, get the Rosetta Stone for off-hours study.
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:35 pm

I was thinking about joining the military once... til I realized I'm fat, hate the idea of boot camp, and am bad at taking orders... but other than that!
Back to top Go down
ebontide
Magnanimous Benefactor
Magnanimous Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:41 pm

Yeah, CTI was my primary choice til they asked me to go Submariner, so I went IT so I could put my knowledge of computers to use. Then I found out all the computers were 40 years old and none of my know-how meant crap. What language are they putting you into? I nearly aced my DLAB and they wanted me to learn Mandarin, I dropped the program before getting out of bootcamp though.

And no, I don't know any Napoleon, though if I see him I'll give a swift kick for you.

@Dustin - If you were ever to go military, you'd learn that they're masters at putting up a masquerade to hide the fact that its just another 9-5. All the yelling and ordering around (moreso in the Navy/Airforce) dies down and you just show up and do what needs to be done. Its by no means AS easy as civilian work, but its nothing like what they try to show it as.
Back to top Go down
Dustin Cropps
Admin
Admin
Dustin Cropps

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:45 pm

Really? I'm just terrible at taking orders... I mean, I would if i had to, im sure. I just think if i was pushed beyond what i know are my limits in bootcamp, I'd end up getting my ass kicked because I just wouldn't do it.

...or i'd cry. lol
Back to top Go down
DietEvil
Florian Member
Florian Member
DietEvil

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:47 pm

Oh, believe me, I'm trying to stay in. I've been over my routine and study habits multiple times with my chain of command and my teachers. I'm picking things up, just not fast enough. I can read well enough, speak sort of ok, but I don't have the ear for it. Speaking of which, I need to get back to studying and finishing up errands.

Heh, boot camp isn't as bad as it is portrayed. Maybe back in the day it was nasty, but nowadays, it's just tedious. The biggest headache I had in basic was my fellow recruits. Some of them couldn't grasp the concept of keeping their heads down and actually doing what they were supposed to do. Weight honestly wasn't that big of an issue. We had several folks who were somewhat fat at the beginning. By the time it was over, we didn't have a single person who didn't pass the physical readiness test. The whole taking orders thing... Well, I look at it as being no different from civilian employment. Boss tells you what to do, customer tells you what they want or expect you to do, most times neither boss nor customer understand what's involved. But you do it as well as you can anyways. Only difference is that it's a bit harder to walk away from a shitty job in the military.
Back to top Go down
ebontide
Magnanimous Benefactor
Magnanimous Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:51 pm

In my experience, I hated the first week and thought of every way to get out of it, but they're pretty effective in changing that perspective. It cycles from fear/escapism, to roughing it out, to being able to take pride in making it through everything they throw at you.

I will admit I hate my current lot in the Navy and plan to get out when my enlistment is up, but I am very happy to have gone through all this. I think it benefits more than it detracts, but I can't do it for life - it impedes too much with my goals.

Anyway, topic fully derailed Smile welcome aboard shipmates!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introductions
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Florian Lights :: General Discussion :: The Tavern-
Jump to: